Fleck on Shannon Brooks: “He’s getting bigger, stronger, faster"

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per Greder:

BROOKS BETTER
Running back Shannon Brooks, who rushed for 369 yards and five touchdowns in 2017, is healthy after missing six games last season, including the last four because of a concussion. “He’s getting bigger, stronger, faster,” Fleck said. “Our weight room numbers, they are absolutely crushing what they did a year ago. It’s so fun to see, but Shannon is doing a tremendous job.”

https://www.twincities.com/2018/02/...showing-speed-agility-that-attracted-gophers/

Go Gophers!!

per Greder:

BROOKS BETTER
Running back Shannon Brooks, who rushed for 369 yards and five touchdowns in 2017, is healthy after missing six games last season, including the last four because of a concussion. “He’s getting bigger, stronger, faster,” Fleck said. “Our weight room numbers, they are absolutely crushing what they did a year ago. It’s so fun to see, but Shannon is doing a tremendous job.”

https://www.twincities.com/2018/02/...showing-speed-agility-that-attracted-gophers/

Go Gophers!!
Why is it that the strength and conditioning coaches of the current regime are always better than the past one? If this keeps up, our players will eventually turn out to be Incredible Hulks!

I'm just glad we'll have Brooks back next season. There was some question about his returning for another year.

Why is it that the strength and conditioning coaches of the current regime are always better than the past one? If this keeps up, our players will eventually turn out to be Incredible Hulks!

The comps to "what they did last year" are for that specific player, and yep, each year a player is going to outdo what he did in the past. Having said that, I'm all in for everyone painting themselves green for game day and coming out as hulks.

The comps to "what they did last year" are for that specific player, and yep, each year a player is going to outdo what he did in the past. Having said that, I'm all in for everyone painting themselves green for game day and coming out as hulks.

Sounds like a good alternate uniform idea.

Brooks always seems to get the short yards we need. Injury-neutered career so far unfortunately. Hope he we get to see him on the field in full capacity this year. If he can’t go all year we look to have some really nice backs coming on board this class.

Brooks always seems to get the short yards we need. Injury-neutered career so far unfortunately. Hope he we get to see him on the field in full capacity this year. If he can’t go all year we look to have some really nice backs coming on board this class.

I'm wondering, based off this, if they'll stop using him on punt/kick returns.

If we can get him some space and Shannon get going ... it would REALLY make breaking in a new QB much easier.

And the players always work harder, until that regime gets fired and the cycle repeats itself.

Love Brooks, but unless he runs a little smarter as far as avoiding some contact, he seems to be a repeat concussion waiting to happen.

Immediately thought of this...

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/HoLs0V8T5AA?rel=0&start=60" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Immediately thought of this...

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/HoLs0V8T5AA?rel=0&start=60" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Made me think of this:

And eventually we will have zero injuries too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey that will be a good thing!

Speaking of the last regime, I see where Eric Klein has been hired by Randy Edsall at UConn. Beth Goetz is now the AD (labelled Chief Operating Officer and Senior Woman Advisor) at UConn as well.

Nothing in what Fleck said imlied it.

Player X is stronger than last year =/= our strength coach is better than last years

Speaking of the last regime, I see where Eric Klein has been hired by Randy Edsall at UConn. Beth Goetz is now the AD (labelled Chief Operating Officer and Senior Woman Advisor) at UConn as well.

David Benedict (a Teague associate and former associate AD here under Teague) is the AD at UConn.

Certainly better than saying he digressed. However I will admit that Klein certainly didn't create any excitement in he weight room. Sad

That and the walk on program.

Certainly better than saying he digressed. However I will admit that Klein certainly didn't create any excitement in he weight room. Sad

You're weirdly obsessed with Klein - as if you have any level of expertise to judge his performance anyway.

You're weirdly obsessed with Klein - as if you have any level of expertise to judge his performance anyway.
Having coached high school and junior college football for 3 decades, I would guess that I am more qualified than you. Take my word for it, Klein didn't help the Gopher football players be SUCCESSFULLY at the B10 level. And that is sad!

You should never play someone in a position or role that may get them injured.

I agree, but every time I say that someone does well at it.

But generally I agree, I'd rather have a guy who maybe isn't going to start really soon back there with sure hands and gets time in returning.

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Having coached high school and junior college football for 3 decades, I would guess that I am more qualified than you. Take my word for it, Klein didn't help the Gopher football players be SUCCESSFULLY at the B10 level. And that is sad!

And yet you've never explained why when asked. As if you are pulling it all out of your arse.

Brooks has been one of my favorite players. but, given his injury history, I'm taking the attitude that anything they get from him this fall is a plus. Like it or not, the guy is one hit away from being done - more so than most players, given his concussion history.

If Brooks stays healthy and is productive, great. I'm just not counting on it. and that means the Gophers had better be ready with some depth at RB. I'm guessing/assuming that Femi-Cole is first up behind Smith and Brooks. After that......?????? I would not be shocked if Nolan Edmonds gets some reps - especially if Brooks is not available.

Being a football coach gives you zero expertise into strength training. If it did, they would hire football coaches to be strength coaches instead of hiring kinesiology and fitness experts to be strength coaches. You are no more qualified than anyone else here. And, for that matter, I've never stated that I have any expertise. I'm not the one weirdly throwing it into comments all the time.

And yet you've never explained why when asked. As if you are pulling it all out of your arse.

Just curious, did you watch the offensive line under Limey? Did you think the obvious lack of improvement was because of coaching poor techniques, or was it because of poor individual strength? I rest my case.

Top Bottom