Quarterback Vic Viramontes showing speed, agility that attracted Gophers

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per Greder:

New Gophers quarterback Vic Viramontes and six other early enrollees from the 2018 recruiting class have exceeded expectations since they arrived on campus a few weeks ago, coach P.J. Fleck said.

While NCAA rules have prevented Fleck and his staff from seeing the Riverside City College transfer throw a pass, the early returns on the top junior college quarterback in the nation have been positive.

“In terms of his speed and agility and his quickness and what he brings to our football program, it’s exactly what we thought we were going to get,” Fleck told the Pioneer Press on Wednesday.

https://www.twincities.com/2018/02/...showing-speed-agility-that-attracted-gophers/

Go Gophers!!

Love to see the pre-season hype. Can’t wait to hear about how young we are once we lose a few games in the fall

If he was giving them "exactly what we thought we were going to get", wouldn't that be meeting expectations, not "exceeding" them?

Nevertheless, good to hear. Now's the time of year when everything gets to be sunshine and lollipops.

Love to see the pre-season hype. Can’t wait to hear about how young we are once we lose a few games in the fall
Is this still year zero?

I don't think hype makes anything more or less true...

In the article Fleck says he cannot watch Vic throw a pass. If his office is overlooking the new practice field and Vic and his teammates are having a catch and Fleck sees it.... is that an NCAA violation?

In the article Fleck says he cannot watch Vic throw a pass. If his office is overlooking the new practice field and Vic and his teammates are having a catch and Fleck sees it.... is that an NCAA violation?

I think there's a lot of *wink* *wink* around things like these. I can see PJF standing with Vic behind the football complex knee deep in snow like a couple teenagers sneaking a smoke..."C'mon Vic, just toss me one..."

His office overlooks the outdoor practice field, so unless Vic and the WR are running routes in the snow, he wouldn't be able to see anything. He could sit in the players lounge though to check out what is going on.

The strength coaches are allowed to watch practices as part of their duties in supervising off season workouts. I'm sure that PJ is regularly updated.

The strength coaches are allowed to watch practices as part of their duties in supervising off season workouts. I'm sure that PJ is regularly updated.

Only if they do it standing on one foot and with an onion tied to their belt.

If we accept that the guy is a good athlete and he can run, the question mark remains his passing. And that is something we won't really know about until they start playing real games this fall.

Yes, they will be able to work with him and evaluate him during Spring practice and Fall practice, but there is still no substitute for game conditions, when you are going up against another team for the first time and getting hit full-speed.

Call me cynical (?) but I tend to downplay coaches' statements about how well guys are playing during the Spring and the Fall. I've heard too many glowing reports that turned out to be more hype than reality.

So, in another 6-1/2 months, we'll get to see for ourselves and judge for ourselves what kind of QB he is, and how well his game translates to a major D1 conference. And then we can panic. Or not. This is Gopher Hole - we'll find something to criticize.

This guy

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/o-kuYVuga_Q" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

per Greder:

New Gophers quarterback Vic Viramontes and six other early enrollees from the 2018 recruiting class have exceeded expectations since they arrived on campus a few weeks ago, coach P.J. Fleck said.

While NCAA rules have prevented Fleck and his staff from seeing the Riverside City College transfer throw a pass, the early returns on the top junior college quarterback in the nation have been positive.

“In terms of his speed and agility and his quickness and what he brings to our football program, it’s exactly what we thought we were going to get,” Fleck told the Pioneer Press on Wednesday.

https://www.twincities.com/2018/02/...showing-speed-agility-that-attracted-gophers/

Go Gophers!!
haha, what the **** is wrong with the NCAA?

It's gotta come come down to who's catching a cold.

Top Bottom