***OFFICIAL NEBRASKA AT MINNESOTA IN-GAME THREAD!!!***

Have you ever seen a quicker technical foul call from half way across the court? Unbelievable....

Was it the same ref who was calling everything else?

Was it the same ref who was calling everything else?

Yep, same ref. Also the same ref that spent an entire possession standing next to Miles, while Miles screamed at him, and the ref just stood there and listened.

Go Gophers!!

What?? Nebraska isn't even in the tournament field right now according to every major bracketology out there. In some cases they aren't even in the first four out. They have one good win.

Whether Nebraska gets into tourney or not they have a legit shot at going 14-4 or 13-3 in BIG with their remaining schedule and 23-8 or 22-9 with rpi of 52 right now. I like their chances!

What?? Nebraska isn't even in the tournament field right now according to every major bracketology out there. In some cases they aren't even in the first four out. They have one good win.
They are likely to get to 12 wins in the conference if not more based on their remaining schedule. When was the last time a b10 had that many wins and didn't make the tourney. Don't worry, I'll wait

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

They are likely to get to 12 wins in the conference if not more based on their remaining schedule. When was the last time a b10 had that many wins and didn't make the tourney. Don't worry, I'll wait

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

The B1G is historically bad this year. If they go 12-6 in the B1G and don't beat one of Ohio St/Michigan St/Purdue in the Big Ten tourney they likely will not be dancing. Take a look at their resume, and the games they have remaining. They have one quality win, and no chances to pick up any quality wins in their remaining regular season games.

The B1G is historically bad this year. If they go 12-6 in the B1G and don't beat one of Ohio St/Michigan St/Purdue in the Big Ten tourney they likely will not be dancing. Take a look at their resume, and the games they have remaining. They have one quality win, and no chances to pick up any quality wins in their remaining regular season games.
If the B1G Conference is bad this year, then what does that say about our plucky 3-10 in the conference lads?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

For an idea of how bad the B1G is this year, and how a 12 or even 13 win B1G team could get left out here is why:

Team A (7th in B12, Currently 10 seed by Lunardi)
Record: 16-8
RPI: 32
KenPom: 25
Record vs. Quadrant 1: 4-7
Record vs. Quadrant 1/2 Combined: 6-8
True Road Record: 2-5
Overall SOS: 17
Non-Conference SOS: 62
Best 3 Wins (using RPI): vs #15, #24, vs #47 (total = 86)
Quadrant 1/2 Games Remaining: 2 Q1, 4 Q2

Team B (4th in B1G, currently out First Four Out by Lunardi)
Record: 18-8
RPI: 55
KenPom: 57
Record vs. Quadrant 1: 0-6
Record vs. Quadrant 1/2 Combined: 3-8
True Road Record: 4-6
Overall SOS: 91
Non-Conference SOS: 259
Best 3 Wins (using RPI): #40, @ #83, #86 (total = 209)
Quadrant 1/2 Games Remaining: 0 Q1, 1 Q2

Team C (7th in Big East, Currently First Four Out by Lunardi)
Record: 14-10
RPI: 56
KenPom: 49
Record vs. Quadrant 1: 3-8
Record vs. Quadrant 1/2 Combined: 5-10
True Road Record: 3-3
Overall SOS: 12
Non-Conference SOS: 140
Best 3 Wins (using RPI): #27, @ #27, #29 (total = 83)
Quadrant 1/2 Games Remaining: 3 Q1, 1 Q2

Team D (9th in SEC, currently 10 seed by Lunardi)
Record: 16-8
RPI: 36
KenPom: 47
Record vs. Quadrant 1: 4-6
Record vs. Quadrant 1/2 Combined: 5-7
True Road Record: 1-6
Overall SOS: 34
Non-Conference SOS: 80
Best 3 Wins (using RPI): #10, vs #18, #30 (total = 58)
Quadrant 1/2 Games Remaining: 5 Q1, 1 Q2

Team E (5th in ACC, currently Last Four In by Lunardi)
Record: 17-7
RPI: 60
KenPom: 60
Record vs. Quadrant 1: 4-5
Record vs. Quadrant 1/2 Combined: 4-6
True Road Record: 2-4
Overall SOS: 68
Non-Conference SOS: 283
Best 3 Wins (using RPI): #4, #7, @ #11 (total = 22)
Quadrant 1/2 Games Remaining: 2 Q1, 3 Q2

My point here is that Team B (Nebraska) is basically drawing dead compared to these other teams. The Huskers profile can only get worse at this point. Every other team has a number of quality games ahead which means even losing some of those games will help their computer numbers, or at least won't hurt them. (And most of them already have a sizable advantage on Nebraska in the computer numbers.) Nebraska desperately needs to pick up a win over Ohio St/Purdue/Michigan St in the Big Ten Tourney to have a good shot.

If the B1G Conference is bad this year, then what does that say about our plucky 3-10 in the conference lads?

Why are everyone of your posts negative. Did you not get attention as a kid? Please enlighten us O'Negative one.

Why are everyone of your posts negative. Did you not get attention as a kid? Please enlighten us O'Negative one.
I guess you don't like it when I reframe things for a more accurate perspective. I'm sorry you take that as negative in the middle of another less than optimal season.

I guess you don't like it when I reframe things for a more accurate perspective. I'm sorry you take that as negative in the middle of another less than optimal season.

Well if that were the case, I'd would have said nothing. Anyway...

GO GOPHERS!!

No, they will go to the tournament if they go 12-6 in the Big Ten. I don't care if the Big Ten is "bad" this year. Iowa had a similar mediocre pre-conference season a few years ago but went to the tournament due to a 12-6 Big Ten record. A computer doesn't pick teams to the tournament. A committee picks teams and they have their traditional biases.

Top Bottom