Recruiting Class Bet

#4. They both admit their true feelings, stop lying to themselves and just run off together.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

#4. They both admit their true feelings, stop lying to themselves and just run off together.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

I like Johnny.
I'd prefer he stay because his optimism is a beacon of light in this dark cave!

But, I'm all for someone staying true to their moral compass as well.

I think it all comes down to weather DPDoll wants to let him off the hook or not.

I like Johnny.

But, I'm all for someone staying true to their moral compass as well.

I think it all comes down to weather DPDoll wants to let him off the hook or not.

I believe Johnny when he says he will not log in under a different name.

Myself personally I couldn't stay off here a whole year but I also would never make the bet

Just wondering - was the bet confined to the Football board, or all Gopher Hole Boards?

If it was just the Football board, JB could still post on the basketball board or the Off-Topic Board, and he and DP could find new things to argue about.

Just wondering - was the bet confined to the Football board, or all Gopher Hole Boards?

If it was just the Football board, JB could still post on the basketball board or the Off-Topic Board, and he and DP could find new things to argue about.

God this is hilarious. Quickly becoming one of my favorite threads. :clap:

Technically, and this is a loophole, JB could post via private message through a third party. For example, if someone like me were to be less than 100% positive about the team giving up 450 yards on the ground JB could write Fargo and say “PE is the biggest dope on the board, PJ rulz” and Fargo could copy and paste without violating the letter or spirit of the agreement.

Technically, and this is a loophole, JB could post via private message through a third party. For example, if someone like me were to be less than 100% positive about the team giving up 450 yards on the ground JB could write Fargo and say “PE is the biggest dope on the board, PJ rulz” and Fargo could copy and paste without violating the letter or spirit of the agreement.

JB wouldn't do that. I read somewhere he is optimistic and has a strong moral compass.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What a change from the hoops boards...

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

I like Johnny.

+1

Oh come on, if DPO leaves who is gonna be around to nitpick at everyone's posts and let them know that they are ignorant for having a different opinion than him?

Pretty sure there are plenty of people on this board that do this. Spoofin comes to mind regularly.

Oh come on, if DPO leaves who is gonna be around to nitpick at everyone's posts and let them know that they are ignorant for having a different opinion than him?

I'm still hoping he will let us know how much we need to donate before our opinions matter.

35th and dropping...unpredicted UK passed us.

Still a great recruiting class, can't wait to see how they translate it to the field.

Rivals has Gophs at 39, 9th in B1G with IA and WI passing them. I remember some poster who said no way it would happen...

I'm watching the ESPN National Signing Day Special. They have us ranked as the 29th best class. I know the bet was on the 247 composite.....but does this throw a wrinkle in the ballbag? :eek:

Maybe we augment the bet!

Double or nothing:
Next years 247 ranking improving from this years...JB is on the improves side and Dp on the decrease.

Loser stays away for TWO years!

Double or nothing:
Next years 247 ranking improving from this years...JB is on the improves side and Dp on the decrease.

I will be very surprised AND happy if we finish better than 35 next year. I don’t see it happening. We lost our best and highest profile recruiters and two of the three replacements have zero talking points. If we ascend it almost has to be all PJ... which I guess is possible.

Double or nothing:

Found JB's new account

I will be very surprised AND happy if we finish better than 35 next year. I don’t see it happening. We lost our best and highest profile recruiters and two of the three replacements have zero talking points. If we ascend it almost has to be all PJ... which I guess is possible.

PJ's mission for next season: Make the improbable possible. We need a few more solid classes like 2018.

Still a great recruiting class, can't wait to see how they translate it to the field.

Rivals has Gophs at 39, 9th in B1G with IA and WI passing them. I remember some poster who said no way it would happen...

I think this is a good recruiting class and definitely a step in the right direction, but hopefully no one really thinks mid-30's or higher is a "great" class. We need to set our sites higher...that's why Coyle hired Fleck.

Something to keep in mind as our recruiting class falls in the rankings.

None of the recruiting systems are very good at measure a kids "HOW".

So if they did, I'd expect our rating to be much higher.

Something to keep in mind as our recruiting class falls in the rankings.

None of the recruiting systems are very good at measure a kids "HOW".

So if they did, I'd expect our rating to be much higher.

Give it a rest. On field contributions and actual results (meaning wins) will determine recruiting success.

I think this is a good recruiting class and definitely a step in the right direction, but hopefully no one really thinks mid-30's or higher is a "great" class. We need to set our sites higher...that's why Coyle hired Fleck.

I am comparing strictly to past Gophs class ranks. I do believe that getting the right fit of recruits in classes consistently in the 35-40 range, along with a high level of player development by the coaching staff, can absolutely translate into a sustained higher level of success (wins totals). There are plenty of examples out there.

Top Bottom