AP: Pitino: Gophers have ‘got to play close to perfect’ to win

I think the great trials of the 3 game road trip and how Richard overcame his weeping to the media about the unfairness of it all and inspired the troops to keep the margin against OSU under 20 deserves an entire chapter of its own. Don't sell us short.

And YOUR successful coaching career makes you an expert? Not sure about you, but my father is a HOF Coach, and the guy I'm defending got hired by a B1G university, AND also won B1G COY.

Can you match that? Or are you just an armchair QB that feels safe behind the computer screen to criticize those who are ACTUALLY out there in the world doing it?

And it was more than a 3 game road trip. It was 6 games out of 8.

And OSU wasn't the lowly team some of you have claimed they are. They are TIED FOR 1st, with #3 ranked Purdue right now, for the lead in the B1G.

But I am sure you Pitino HATERS will figure out some way to downplay how good Purdue and OSU are. pathetic.

And YOUR successful coaching career makes you an expert? Not sure about you, but my father is a HOF Coach, and the guy I'm defending got hired by a B1G university, AND also won B1G COY.

Can you match that? Or are you just an armchair QB that feels safe behind the computer screen to criticize those who are ACTUALLY out there in the world doing it?

And OSU wasn't the lowly team some of you have claimed they are. They are TIED FOR 1st, with #3 ranked Purdue right now, for the lead in the B1G.

But I am sure you Pitino HATERS will figure out some way to downplay how good Purdue and OSU are. pathetic.

Lol. That was far more of a shot at you than Pitino. Lighten up, Francis.

Your father is a HOF coach too? Have you ever worn a chicken suit to the Barn?

I'll bet my dad can beat up your dad.

Your father is not in the basketball hall of fame as it was easy to find all the guys who are now 85, you must be talking high school.

Your father is not in the basketball hall of fame as it was easy to find all the guys who are now 85, you must be talking high school.

What? You don't believe me? lol Back in the day, some guys coached more than one sport. So he coached bb, but you are right, he's not in the basketball hall of fame. But one of his college teammates IS in the basketball hall of fame. That's all I'm going to say, because anymore and I might as well tell you my name.

What? You don't believe me? lol Back in the day, some guys coached more than one sport. So he coached bb, but you are right, he's not in the basketball hall of fame. But one of his college teammates IS in the basketball hall of fame. That's all I'm going to say, because anymore and I might as well tell you my name.

I hear his mom's best friend is in the HOF. You are loony, dude.

This is not a black and white deal.

If you are assessing responsibility for the Gophers situation, of course you factor in the injuries and suspensions. Those have impacted what the team is capable of accomplishing.

But - I maintain that does not give Pitino and the remaining players a free pass. The coach has at least some responsibility for the product he is putting out on the court. The players have at least some responsibility for their effort and efficiency in executing the game plan.

The question is one of degree. Is Pitino 10% responsible for the performance of the team? 20%? 30%? How about the players? There is a number that is correct. It is not Zero - it is not 100%. it is somewhere in between. And we can argue about where that number lies. But Pitino does not get a free pass.

And, by the way, let's not forget this fact: the U of MN is still charging full price for the tickets. The fans are not getting in for a reduced price because of injuries and suspensions. What do the season-ticket holders, and the single-game ticket buyers deserve from the coach and players? What should they expect from the coach and players? If I was paying full price for my ticket, and getting some of these recent performances from the team and coach, I would have some questions.

Or, the U could announce that all tickets are being discounted 25% for all remaining home games because of the injuries and suspensions. Yah, sure. That's going to happen.

I hear his mom's best friend is in the HOF. You are loony, dude.

You are the complete idiot who was quacking about how the hockey team was in 6th place in a 7 team league and how they "might" sneak into the tourney???

Hey Genius, they were ranked NINTH in the PWR BEFORE this weekend, when they had played 2 fewer conf games than the 3 teams ahead of them in the standings, DUH!!!

2 wins this weekend jumped them up past formerly in 3rd place Wisconsin, and ahead of idle PSU, so now they are in 4th and only 3 pts behind 3rd place Michigan and STILL have played fewer games than 3rd place Michigan.

And maybe the "real loon" is the one who makes fun of someone they don't know, who could be telling the truth, just because they are too simple minded to realize this possibility?

And no, my mom's best friend is not in the HOF, my father's former college teammate is in the Basketball HOF.

Top Bottom