Coach PJ Fleck spoke at Target corporate office today

West Fargo Gopher Fan

Section 114 Row 2
Reaction score
Coach Fleck Spoke at my job today for a little over an hour. It was amazing. I've seen him speak before and always feel like I'm strong enough to run through a brick wall afterwards.

If you have not seen coach Fleck speak in person I strongly recommend it.

Some notes I took are below. I'm sure if you have seen him speak before some of these will look familiar.

“Run into the fire not away from the fire”.

We (U of M) have tradition. I am the bridge to connect past present and future.

If you want to have a successful life you will have hard times.

“Never throughout history has a person who lived a life of ease had a life worth remembering” - Teddy Roosevelt.

If you want to do successful things in life you will have criticism.

Successful people are unsuccessful people who didn’t quit.

You have to overcome doubt and criticism to be successful.

It is your job to be unforgettable but it has to be real. People read body language more than they listen to the words that come out of your mouth.

Stop trying to prove to other people that you can succeed. Instead prove it to yourself. Then it will spread to others.

“Don’t let circumstances dictate your behavior.”

Maturity: “When doing what you have to do becomes doing what you want to do.”

Failing = growth (Required to be successful)

Failure = quit

FAMILY= “Forget about me I love you.”

Row the Boat = Never Give Up Attitude

Three parts to RTB = Oar, boat, compass

Oar = energy you bring to life

Boat = the sacrifice. The more you give, the more you serve, the bigger your boat will get. Through the adversity.

Compass = the direction in your life. Surrounded by the people YOU choose to include in your life.

The result should not surprise you.

Sounds like a great speech. Maybe Target will become more of a sponsor.

Shows what kind of a guy Fleck is. Those who don't like him personally have issues as to not taking that step to be successful in life. I think he is a great guy.

Boilerplate motivational speaker stuff, glad he's getting out there though. Good for the U as long as he can get the wins rolling in too.

Sounds like a great speech. Maybe Target will become more of a sponsor.

PJ has done a couple speaking engagements at corporate sites... when he goes back a couple times it seems to be a good sign that they're going to be giving more.

He is someone who can sell the program and the brand.

I hope he plans on being here long term.

Shows what kind of a guy Fleck is. Those who don't like him personally have issues as to not taking that step to be successful in life. I think he is a great guy.

I am doomed to failure...but maybe not. I became successful before Fleck came to town. Does this mean I am going to lose my success because i don't like his act?

I am doomed to failure...but maybe not. I became successful before Fleck came to town. Does this mean I am going to lose my success because i don't like his act?

Well, I was a failure before he got here and I still am. Now I know why.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom