The Pride of Minnesota was in the Super Bowl halftime show!

Taji34

Reaction score
The band you saw during the halftime show with Justin Timberlake was indeed our very own Pride of Minnesota!

Also help the band travel:

They did awesome!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was wondering if it was the marching band. However, only the drumline played their instruments. Horns were just dancing and moving their instruments.

I was wondering if it was the marching band. However, only the drumline played their instruments. Horns were just dancing and moving their instruments.

The audio for "Suitcase and Tie" was a recording of the band, but yes none of the music was live. They didn't have enough microphones to record the whole band live.

The audio for "Suitcase and Tie" was a recording of the band, but yes none of the music was live. They didn't have enough microphones to record the whole band live.
Thanks. I'm glad they recorded the band.

About the only thing we can be proud of these days.

Let's row the boat to a national championship.

I didn't watch the halftime show. I'll have to watch it on YouTube.

I didn't watch the halftime show. I'll have to watch it on YouTube.

The band shows up during "Suit and Tie", which is roughly halfway through. Then appear sporadically throughout the rest of the halftime show.

Now that we know they can perform to modern music, can they start updating the halftime.performances?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Wait, what?

So were they pretending to play or did they just drop any pretense that they were actually playing? (I don’t remember what I saw).

Were the drums/percussion live?

Wait, what?

So were they pretending to play or did they just drop any pretense that they were actually playing? (I don’t remember what I saw).

Were the drums/percussion live?

I believe drums/percussion was live. But Brass and Saxophones were pre-recorded and pretended to play.

I think on show of the scale of the Super Bowl Half-time that they probably resorted to pre-recordings if they can get away with it.

I believe drums/percussion was live. But Brass and Saxophones were pre-recorded and pretended to play.
I think the band that was on stage had a horn section that was mic'd. I could hear them, but the UMN band just had dance choreography but didn't actually play.
The drumline looked/sounded like they played because their intro was louder than the horns after the initial entrance.
Still...good to see UMN had a part in the halftime show.
I'm not a big Timberlake fan so I found his music fairly lame. I have no dispute with anyone dissing the halftime show on that level.

I think the band that was on stage had a horn section that was mic'd. I could hear them, but the UMN band just had dance choreography but didn't actually play.
The drumline looked/sounded like they played because their intro was louder than the horns after the initial entrance.
Still...good to see UMN had a part in the halftime show.
I'm not a big Timberlake fan so I found his music fairly lame. I have no dispute with anyone dissing the halftime show on that level.
Yeah, Justin Timberlake's band probably was mic'd, but the Pride of Minnesota wasn't, they were prerecorded and danced/pretended to play.

I'm pretty sure parts of JT's performance was also lip-synced. Couple times towards the end it looked fairly obvious he was not singing. Highlights were definitely UMMB and the tribute and outside lighting, nice touch.

I wish they had an M on them somewhere, or it more visible if it was there.

Still great experience for the kids!

Top Bottom