***OFFICIAL MINNESOTA AT MICHIGAN IN-GAME THREAD!!!!***

Play like this the rest of the season and we'll win 3-4 more games.

They called the foul on the first part of the spin. I wish I was more surprised by the level of corruption

Absolutely no attempt at defense on the game winning drive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That sucks. We just can’t catch a break. Great effort by our team.

Dang! That was not the way I wanted a hard fought game to end. It was much, much, much better than the Iowa game.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

I know it's a loss, but this team has nothing to be ashamed of with this one. Being as shorthanded as we are, this is an impressive effort.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Appeared the had no clue on what to do defensively on Michigan’s last possession.

Tough one to lose. The last 5 minutes or so of regulation was tough. It’s obvious McBrayer isn’t comfortable out there. Nice to see a good effort for once.

Appeared the had no clue on what to do defensively on Michigan’s last possession.

Not sure it mattered. The refs were going to blow their whistles if we did more than breath on them.

At least they showed some fight, I'll give them that. Sure looked tired on defense at the end.

Great effort. Still wondering about some coaching decisions. The switch guard on the big and Murphy on the guard was interesting and Michigan’s last possession way too easy.

Fun game. Glad to see Washington see it go through the hoop. Hopefully that’s a huge confidence booster for him.

REALLY BAD D there but for the majority of the first 40 was really good defense with only 6 poor defensive sets. Great job on that today and what i expect every damn game. Play defense like that every game and we would have several more wins.

This is the line up/playing time that should have happened 6 games ago - no gas & konate - get the guys who know how to play and will be playing next year together on the court as much as possible the rest of the year. If these guys can play this well and with the depth we will have next year the sky’s the limit.

This is the line up/playing time that should have happened 6 games ago - no gas & konate - get the guys who know how to play and will be playing next year together on the court as much as possible the rest of the year.

Couldn't help but think this as well watching the game today.

Hurt played too many minutes, tho the deck isn't exactly stacked right now and someone has to play SF.... On defense, he gets burned by smaller or equal sized offenders, and on offense, he does very little besides cut well. Cutting well maybe gets you one or two buckets a game, but that is it. Fitz played well defensively and rebounded well too. Nate was good on O but had several lapses/space outs/f*** ups on defense that were glaring for a senior. Murph got screwed over by a few calls. Would have been nice to have him for the whole game. IW showed what he is capable of and why gopherhole sucks and no one should read it often (calling for his head on a stick basically). Against the zone, IW was able to penetrate like no one else on the team. I really don't want to get into officiating, but the refs in this game should never get to call another D1 game again. Horrible

Another really good effort from the guys today but I think the lack of depth caught up to them late in the 2nd half and OT just as it did against Iowa, Northwestern, Maryland, etc. Only 7 guys played today. Really couldn't have Konate or Gaston trying to guard Wagner on the perimeter. I appreciate the way this team continues to grind each day despite everything that has gone wrong this year. I think there have been a few moments where guys have felt sorry for themselves about the situation we are in and it was noticeable in the game at Northwestern and against Purdue but for the most part they've competed hard. Yeah there are a couple games we probably should've won that we didn't finish and I'm disappointed with that but I'm definitely not questioning whether the effort is there with this team.

This is the line up/playing time that should have happened 6 games ago - no gas & konate - get the guys who know how to play and will be playing next year together on the court as much as possible the rest of the year. If these guys can play this well and with the depth we will have next year the sky’s the limit.

I think Michigan is the dream matchup to play without a true center. It served our current roster well. We would get destroyed implementing this on other opponents. I’m all for trying it though.

Hurt played too many minutes, tho the deck isn't exactly stacked right now and someone has to play SF.... On defense, he gets burned by smaller or equal sized offenders, and on offense, he does very little besides cut well. Cutting well maybe gets you one or two buckets a game, but that is it. Fitz played well defensively and rebounded well too. Nate was good on O but had several lapses/space outs/f*** ups on defense that were glaring for a senior. Murph got screwed over by a few calls. Would have been nice to have him for the whole game. IW showed what he is capable of and why gopherhole sucks and no one should read it often (calling for his head on a stick basically). Against the zone, IW was able to penetrate like no one else on the team. I really don't want to get into officiating, but the refs in this game should never get to call another D1 game again. Horrible
Hurt was fine. Made a 3 and had a couple really nice cuts that should've resulted in free throws but seems like he doesn't get any calls from the refs. Matthews wasn't a great matchup for him with his quickness but he did a decent job on him and really only got blown by a couple times the problem was the help wasn't there when it happened. Murphy definitely got screwed by the charge call and that was really when Michigan made their run as I think the Gophers were up 10 when Murph sat. You can see Washington starting to understand things better and just make better decisions overall. Seems like the game has slowed down for him a little bit.

I understand we’re short handed and guys are fatigued, but there’s no excuse for allowing guys who you know want to go right off the dribble to consistently beat you and have straight line drives at the basket. That was MI entire offense in overtime. It’s a basic concept, you take away player’s strong hand / shade them toward off hand. Pitino needs to take timeout after 3rd/4th layup and state obvious.

Overall great effort, very glad to see light bulb turning on for Isaiah.

It was a good effort today, to be sure. As there are in any game, there were high points and low points. The string of no calls against Michigan when we were up 10 swung momentum, and we didn't have enough to pull through.

Sent from my 2PZC5 using Tapatalk

Gophs got killed by a series of bad calls in the second half. Amazing how the league kicks teams to the curb when they stop being useful to them.

Corruption in sports is pervasive.:mad:

At least this losing skid will assure us of a higher draft pick next year. ;););)

Top Bottom