Former Gopher commit JJ Watt takes shot at MN fans for rarely having Axe

Lol, I’ve been on this site since 2010 and we’ve been saying that for longer then that.

Hope Springs Eternal. Being a Minnesotan is like being in prison for years. You develop a certain type of psychosis and can't handle being released by a victory over the Fadgers - as of now a fourteen-year prison term. :confused:

So, Karma can intervene but will take many many years of therapy.

Someone said something about emulating them, and beating them at their own game?? I'm sorry, my dream for the Gopher football team is not to some day beat the WisconSIN BADgers, its to win a Natl Title. And what Wisconsin is doing in football, just like their bb team, may win W Div Titles or Conf titles in bb, but neither approach will probably EVER win them a Natl Title.

That is the one thing we have over them, our SEVEN Natl Titles, to their none. Even when they came in 2nd, it was a former Gopher leading them as their coach.

So lets throw all this bs about emulating them out the ******** window and do things our own way and win ANOTHER Natl Title before they win their 1st. That alone, just one glorious season, will make up for 20 years straight of losing to them in head to head action. No one cares about the UMn vs UW rivalry and how far it goes back, etc., except Gopher and Badger fans. But Natl Titles??? That's what the entire nation cares about.

And everything in football is important, kicking, special teams, pass defense, rush defense, rushing offense, great receivers, great depth, but nothing has kept the Gophers out of the Natl Title hunt more than a COMPLETE AND TOTAL LACK of a super star QB.

Sandy Stephens was an All-American QB, and won us a Title. We haven't had an All-American quality QB since him. All-Conf QB is not good enough. It has to be an All-American quality QB.

How we get THAT guy to come here, is beyond me. If I knew that, I'd probably have gone into coaching, lol, or recruiting maybe? New facilities are a great first step. Maybe Fleck can pull it off someday? I don't know? Until then I guess we have to hope he puts all of those other pieces into place.

I think possibly, the biggest selling point to some young hot shot #1 ranked national recruit and future superstar QB, could be the thought that he wouldn't be following in the footsteps or a long list of great QBs that he would have to try to measure up against? Sandy Stephens isn't exactly someone the nation remembers or has even heard of and the U wasn't exactly known for its QBs before him, either. Didn't need a superstar QB back in the 30s and 40s.

So, he could become the Greatest QB ever in the history of UMn football, a program with 7 Natl Titles and 7 pro fb HOFers!!!

And I hope the young man that finally fits this bill is for some reason reading this thread and starts dreaming today of fulfilling that role when he graduates high school. :)

If African-Americans weren’t allowed to compete, they don’t count. That’s just me.

Makes sense. Those who didn't ban players based on race should be punished for those that did.

Makes sense. Those who didn't ban players based on race should be punished for those that did.

Hey, if we use his measuring standard, how many fb Titles would Bama lose? Or how many bb titles would UK lose?

I might like this idea!!!

Top Bottom