Former Gopher commit JJ Watt takes shot at MN fans for rarely having Axe

BleedGopher

Reaction score
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Go Gophers!!

If you are gonna be a tool and take the low road, Wisconsin can have you as it's own. (gut reaction...)

If you are gonna be a tool and take the low road, Wisconsin can have you as it's own.

Yep. His Minnesota citizenship should officially be revoked.

We deserve every bit of it. Even when they are bad they kick our ass. Wisconsin football out classes our program in every way.

It was a nice tweet and nothing more than a friendly jab at us. No need to get in arms over this.

We deserve every bit of it. Even when they are bad they kick our ass. Wisconsin football out classes our program in every way.

National titles? Big Ten titles? Do those matter? And when was the last time a bad Wisconsin team kicked our ass? They haven’t been bad in quite awhile.

I started to dislike JJ Watt as soon as I saw him in the opening crawl of the year the Texans were on Hard Knocks and he was rapping a Fort Minor song, "Remember the Name" like a weenie. He's so thirsty for attention it's crazy. (This is outside of all the outstanding fundraising he did for Houston during and after the hurricane of course. Which was incredible on his part.) I still think he's a gigantic tool.

Well stated.

I say, if you don't like it, then work harder. Winning starts with knowing we can. Then work on one's mental toughness. Things will improve.

I love it because it will be all the sweeter when a win occurs.

I started to dislike JJ Watt as soon as I saw him in the opening crawl of the year the Texans were on Hard Knocks and he was rapping a Fort Minor song, "Remember the Name" like a weenie. He's so thirsty for attention it's crazy. (This is outside of all the outstanding fundraising he did for Houston during and after the hurricane of course. Which was incredible on his part.) I still think he's a gigantic tool.

You may hereforward refer to him as JJt*att

one of the responses to his tweet, "Do you even know what a full football season looks like?" ;)

They only count if people of all of God’s races were allowed to compete.

Gopher's been playing Black, Indian, Chinese, Canadian & every other race since as far back as? when did Bobby Marshall start his Gopher career???

And there might have been someone before that?

So that would mean 1903, 04, 11, 15, 34, 35, 36, 40, 41 & 60 all count then?

Gopher's been playing Black, Indian, Chinese, Canadian & every other race since as far back as? when did Bobby Marshall start his Gopher career???

And there might have been someone before that?

So that would mean 1903, 04, 11, 15, 34, 35, 36, 40, 41 & 60 all count then?

If African-Americans weren’t allowed to compete, they don’t count. That’s just me.

Rival bragging rights are earned which is something Gopher fans have a hard time with.

Karma is coming to the Badgers. Wait and see.

Go ahead and make fun JJ. How about returning the slab to it's rightful owners then?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They will not return the slab of bacon, they claim they retired it. I didn't think it was that big a shot, his way of trying to be humerous, and trash talk about the Axe. Giving a rub isn't that bug a deal. It has been more than a decade, Until the Gophers actually win it, will be like that with the Badgers. There run has been sustained, and something Gophers want to emulate and get to that level. Not really that much of a shot. Keep hearing about there demise, but doesn't seem to happen. You want to knock the bully off the block figure out how to beat them at there own game.

Sent from my SM-J327P using Tapatalk

Maybe someone should try to get the Slab Of Bacon back.

Got no issue. See it as more of a shoutout to the Evil Empire to the East than directed at us.

For whatever it's worth Madison will never host a Super Bowl.

I didn't have a problem with him having a little fun at our expense either. Just think that if they can pick on us for not seeing the axe it would be nice to have what is rightly ours and be able to say the same back. All in good fun.

Maybe someone should try to get the Slab Of Bacon back.

What happened to him? He was posting on here earlier, now he is gone?

What happened to him? He was posting on here earlier, now he is gone?

He is somewhere locked up in the Badgers Trophy Room.

SLAB OF BACON TROPHY.jpg

If African-Americans weren’t allowed to compete, they don’t count. That’s just me.

That's what I am saying, they WERE allowed to compete, at least at Minnesota. As far as I know at least. There was an African-American on the 1904 team, named Bobby Marshall, so if he was allowed to play in 1904, my guess is he and other African-Americans would have been allowed to play in 1903 as well. If none did, I seriously doubt it was because they weren't allowed to.

Dude, go to GopherSports.com click on the football page, then on history, then on National Champions, and look at the pictures of the team rosters yourself and tell me that African-Americans couldn't play for the Gophers!!!

1904 team had one, Bobby Marshall, google him sometime, you might learn something.

1936 team had one, even the black and white picture shows it as clear as night and day dude. I never even knew this was even in question when it came to the Gophers? If I did, I would have surely memorized each of the African-American players names on all of these teams, but it's hard enough for me at my age to remember who all of the All-Americans were on those teams.

And the 1960 to 63 teams were chock full of African-Americans, Sandy Stephens the first ever All-American QB for one, Bobby Bell & Carl Eller, please tell me that you've heard of these players?

The Civil Rights Movement nicknamed their most influential leaders "The Big Six", and Martin Luther King Jr of course was one of them, but 2 of the 6 were University of Minnesota graduates dude. Roy Wilkins attended the U in the early 20s, and Whitney Young attended UMn right after the end of WW2.

So I'm struggling to find a time when African-Americans weren't welcome at the University of Minnesota or weren't allowed to play football??

Heck, Bobby Marshall even played Baseball for the Gophers AND ICE HOCKEY in the Twin Cities, professionally!!!

Top Bottom