Eagles fawn over Gophers’ brand-new practice facility: ‘It’s state of the art’

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per Dane:

So far, the Eagles are having all the fun inside the recently completed structure; the Gophers have yet to use the facility.

“I heard they haven’t even used it yet,” Eagles guard Chance Warmack said. “I felt kind of bad. It’s awesome, man. It’s state of the art. They really did a good job.”

https://www.twincities.com/2018/02/...d-new-practice-facility-its-state-of-the-art/

Go Gophers!!

SHOULDN'T MARK COYLE BE SAYING THIS AND NOT EAGLES PLAYERS?! :rolleyes:

The Gophers surely should have shunned this good press and not allowed them into the new building because it's #ourhouse.

per Dane:

So far, the Eagles are having all the fun inside the recently completed structure; the Gophers have yet to use the facility.

“I heard they haven’t even used it yet,” Eagles guard Chance Warmack said. “I felt kind of bad. It’s awesome, man. It’s state of the art. They really did a good job.”

https://www.twincities.com/2018/02/...d-new-practice-facility-its-state-of-the-art/

Go Gophers!!

This endorsement is huge for recruiting. Of course, it’s more than offset by the media harping on the weather.

This endorsement is huge for recruiting. Of course, it’s more than offset by the media harping on the weather.

I was thinking the same thing. Word will get out. But the weather thing. Give it a rest, you pussies. We don't have earthquakes, and forest fires and hurricanes and mud slides.

I give credit to Mark Coyle. Not sure this complex would be finished without Coyle.

I'm really glad Coyle was able to pull this off, and get TCF Stadium Built.

(kidding about the TCF thing).

They didn't say "well...it's in the neighborhood"?

Chance Warmack is a former Crimson Tide player. If he's giving accolades that says somethin. Why don't we record that and market him instead of MC? Watching MC get excited about something is like watching Prince Charles narrate a neck and neck horse race.

Mark Coyle has to say that. The eagles players don’t.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I KNOW!!! SO WHY DIDN'T COYLE TALK ABOUT HOW MUCH THE EAGLES LIKE IT INSTEAD OF EAGLES PLAYERS?! FIRE COYLE!! :rolleyes:

Halsey said:

"I was thinking the same thing. Word will get out. But the weather thing. Give it a rest, you pussies. We don't have earthquakes, and forest fires and hurricanes and mud slides."

Uhhh...check that...we do have landslides...Mississippi River...at UM East Bank and tragedy at St. Paul city park.

Fortunately don't think this will affect 'crootin.

Great to hear an outside party's take on the facility. Very good press.

I didn't know that a 100 yard indoor field was a big deal. A pro who played at Alabama seemed surprised that a college team had that. Haven't the Gophers had that at Bierman for years? Maybe it's a North/South thing.

I didn't know that a 100 yard indoor field was a big deal. A pro who played at Alabama seemed surprised that a college team had that. Haven't the Gophers had that at Bierman for years? Maybe it's a North/South thing.

I suspect folks who make some of these quotes are just helping out the local media guys with a good quote and generally just being nice about everything.

It's more than the field. It's probably also the training facilities.

Give it a rest e.bigelow. I'd rather hear these things said by the Eagles players, especially one who was a Bama player than to be paraphrased by our AD.

We'd want any publicity the Eagles and outsiders give about our Athletic Village and the U. This is big for our program.

SHOULDN'T MARK COYLE BE SAYING THIS AND NOT EAGLES PLAYERS?! :rolleyes:

Too early to tell, but hopefully the Eagles comments make it into some sort of promotion stuff for the football team. Fleck seems pretty smart with that kind of thing. Coyle not so much.

Give it a rest e.bigelow. I'd rather hear these things said by the Eagles players, especially one who was a Bama player than to be paraphrased by our AD.

We'd want any publicity the Eagles and outsiders give about our Athletic Village and the U. This is big for our program.

It was sarcasm.

I was thinking the same thing. Word will get out. But the weather thing. Give it a rest, you pussies. We don't have earthquakes, and forest fires and hurricanes and mud slides.

And snakes and Zika.

Speaking of snakes, Coyle is probably silent because the national media would make fun of the way he pronounces his S's. (hiss) [emoji216]

I love how you guys can hijack a post with your petty bickering

Too early to tell, but hopefully the Eagles comments make it into some sort of promotion stuff for the football team. Fleck seems pretty smart with that kind of thing. Coyle not so much.

From my casual perspective on social media, nothing but positives about Fleck, the facilities, the city, etc. Can't hurt. I'm still a little shocked, that in 2018, so many people are shocked that the Twin Cities is a vibrant thriving place. Seems many of the national "hipsters" were convinced they were headed to Winnipeg.

Not very many cities can boast the number of professional sports venues that we have in the Twin Cities.

From what I see of PJ Fleck so far, he knows how to turn things that we have to offer here in addition to pro sports into positives. The timing of the Super Bowl and the completion of the Athletic Complex couldn't have come at a better time.

Let's hope that it helps the recruiting for Gophers FB & BB.

From my casual perspective on social media, nothing but positives about Fleck, the facilities, the city, etc. Can't hurt. I'm still a little shocked, that in 2018, so many people are shocked that the Twin Cities is a vibrant thriving place. Seems many of the national "hipsters" were convinced they were headed to Winnipeg.

Well, outside of recruiting, I'm ok with people from other parts of the country not knowing how good we have it here. lol Keeps em away, leaves more of the place just for us, lol.

But I was thinking about how we need a really cool movie to be filmed in Minneapolis and maybe St Paul, too? That shows what life is like here.

I mean, if you are thinking big movies, what do you remember?

Prince's Purple Rain, showed him driving his motorcycle through the countryside and Apollonia jumping into a lake? Sure it portrayed 1st Ave as a cool club, but it didn't really show off the city.

Fargo made Minnesota look really, REALLY bad. Made it look like Canada.

Can't think of any others?

But I think you get what I am saying.

I live in MN. Have my whole life. I also travel for my job and have seen many other places. Some better. Many worse. I like it here. I think it is a great place to live. However, I can't think of anything I care about less than if others do or don't agree, or even know. Why on earth should I care what people I don't even know think about MN? I can't even think of a reason to care what people I do know think about MN. There is something very Minnesotan about wanting others to like what you like. I don't get it at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well, outside of recruiting, I'm ok with people from other parts of the country not knowing how good we have it here. lol Keeps em away, leaves more of the place just for us, lol.

But I was thinking about how we need a really cool movie to be filmed in Minneapolis and maybe St Paul, too? That shows what life is like here.

I mean, if you are thinking big movies, what do you remember?

Prince's Purple Rain, showed him driving his motorcycle through the countryside and Apollonia jumping into a lake? Sure it portrayed 1st Ave as a cool club, but it didn't really show off the city.

Fargo made Minnesota look really, REALLY bad. Made it look like Canada.

Can't think of any others?

But I think you get what I am saying.

Untamed Heart, Grumpy Old Men, Wild (small part here), Mighty Ducks

Purple Rain - at least it puts Minneapolis as Prince's stomping ground. True to his love for the State, he chose to stay and live here instead of NYC or LA or other places.

I think the Minnesota Film Board has been busier and more successful than most of us would have thought. In addition to the movies already mentioned the principal photography for the following films was shot somewhere in Minnesota.

Airport (1970) (box office #1 film in the U.S.)
An American Romance (1944)
Angus (1995)
Beautiful Girls (1996)
Best Man Down (2012)
The Bishop's Wife (1947)
Dear White People (2014)
Drop Dead Gorgeous (1999)
Equinox (1992)
Factotum (2005)
Foolin' Around (1980)
Ghost from the Machine (2010)
Graffiti Bridge (1990)
The Heartbreak Kid (1972)
Here On Earth (2000)
Herman U. S. A. (2001)
I Am Not a Serial Killer (2016)
Ice Castles (1978)
Into Temptation (2009)
Iron Will (1994)
Jingle All the Way (1996)
Joe Somebody (2001)
Killer Movie (2008)
Kumiko, the Treasure Hunter (2014)
Little Big League (1994)
Los Enchiladas! (1999)
Major League: Back to the Minors (1998)
The Monster of Phantom Lake (2006)
Mystery Science Theater 3000: The Movie (1996)
North Country (2005)
Older Than America (2008)
One More Saturday Night (1986)
Overnight Delivery (1998)
The Personals (1982)
A Prairie Home Companion (2006)
Purple Haze (1982)
A Serious Man (2009)
Sign o' the Times (1987)
A Simple Plan (1998)
Stuck Between Stations (2011)
Sugar & Spice (2001)