New DB Coach?

MaxyJR1

Reaction score
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

http://arizonawildcats.com/coaches.aspx?rc=617

"In 2016, Addae took on the task of developing a young, yet talented unit of safeties. Much of the season, the Wildcats played three true freshmen in their back end, including regular starters Tristan Cooper and Isaiah Hayes. The duo combined for 73 tackles and established the foundation for a physical unit in coming years. Meanwhile, sophomore Demetrius Flannigan-Fowles led the unit with 78 tackles, including four for loss, while breaking up six pass and intercepting two others.

Addae also made his mark on the recruiting trail, helping the Wildcats haul in one of its most talented classes in years. Among the newcomers are several talented safeties expected to team up with the now seasoned group from a year ago. Further development in 2017 will have Arizona’s safeties as a unit to watch in the coming years.

He spent the 2010 and 2011 seasons as the running backs coach at the University of Cincinnati. At UC, Addae mentored All-BIG EAST Second-Team selection Isaiah Pead, who rushed for 1,029 yards while leading the conference in yards per carry (6.6), a mark that ranked him in the top-10 nationally. Pead, who averaged 93.6 yards per game, was UC’s first 1,000-yard rusher in almost a decade and only the Bearcats’ seventh all-time. Addae was recognized by Rivals.com as one of the top-10 recruiters in the BIG EAST Conference.

Before coaching the Bearcats, Addae served as UC’s Director of Player Development. He also managed many of UC’s off-the-field responsibilities, including the highly-successful Cats In The Community program."

Go Gophers!!

I need people to tell me how I should feel about this

per Randy:

The Gophers have a new defensive backs coach.

Jahmile Addae, who spent the past two seasons coaching Arizona’s secondary, was announced Thursday as Minnesota’s defensive backs coach. Addae replaces Maurice Linguist, who left in January to become Texas A&M’s cornerbacks coach.

Addae, four-year starter and three-time All-Big East defensive back at West Virginia, spent the past five seasons at Arizona, the first three as an analyst and the past two as defensive backs coach. Kevin Sumlin, the Wildcats’ new coach after the firing of Rich Rodriguez, brought in a mainly new staff of assistants.

Addae, a Tampa, Fla., native, had Tampa, the west coast of Florida and Las Vegas as his primary recruiting areas while with Arizona.

Addae, 35, also was running backs coach at Cincinnati in 2010 and ’11, a defensive graduate assistant at Michigan (2008 and ’09) and video graduate assistant at West Virginia (2007).

http://www.startribune.com/gophers-name-jahmile-addae-as-defensive-backs-coach/472187783/

Go Gophers!!

Appears to be a good hire. Florida is a good get for us as to recruiting as he appears to know that area well. Don't know anything about the impact of Las Vegas recruiting area though.

Appears to be a good hire. Florida is a good get for us as to recruiting as he appears to know that area well. Don't know anything about the impact of Las Vegas recruiting area though.

I may be mistaken but isn't Las Vegas Bishop Gorman one of the best HS for Football in the West.

Sumlin kept the defense. Coordinator that was at Arizona but not this guy who was his dB coach.

I'm assuming Jahleel Addae, SS for the Chargers, is his brother?

I may be mistaken but isn't Las Vegas Bishop Gorman one of the best HS for Football in the West.

Yep. That school pumps out a bunch of big time athletes. DeMarco Murray, Shabazz Muhammad, Zach Collins, Joey Gallo, and Marty Cordova to name a few.

Way to ruin his super special day. Didn't stop to think he may have wanted a live-streamed hat ceremony?

Looks like a home run to me. He can coach and he can recruit.

First post on the reddit thread was an Arizona fan saying he was excellent with player development and that it was a good hire.

Yeah I don't think losing Mo Linguist is going to be the death knell some were suggesting.

Yeah I don't think losing Mo Linguist is going to be the death knell some were suggesting.

He was our best recruiter. We lost our best two recruiters on the staff - and it wasn't even close on the rest. Addae's out of the rankings since he wasn't currently coaching. Sounds like the fans thought he could coach, so that will help, but yeah. Losing your second best recruiter after losing your first best recruiters seems like that might be something to be concerned over - particularly when the HC's philosophy is to have better players than everyone else and that will solve all your problems.

Does it mean it's the end of the world? Doubt it. Is is a legitimate concern? Yes.

He was our best recruiter. We lost our best two recruiters on the staff - and it wasn't even close on the rest. Addae's out of the rankings since he wasn't currently coaching. Sounds like the fans thought he could coach, so that will help, but yeah. Losing your second best recruiter after losing your first best recruiters seems like that might be something to be concerned over - particularly when the HC's philosophy is to have better players than everyone else and that will solve all your problems.

Does it mean it's the end of the world? Doubt it. Is is a legitimate concern? Yes.

PJ was/is our best recruiter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PJ was/is our best recruiter.

so is he supposed to recruit every kid, full time? It could explain some of the coaching last season, but without guys that can build the relationships and keep them warm PJ may not be able to seal the deal, as it were.

so is he supposed to recruit every kid, full time? It could explain some of the coaching last season, but without guys that can build the relationships and keep them warm PJ may not be able to seal the deal, as it were.

I get what you are saying, but position coaches are way overrated. Kids are coming here because of PJ above any position coach.

I get what you are saying, but position coaches are way overrated. Kids are coming here because of PJ above any position coach.

I don't disagree with that.

We'll see how it turns out on the recruiting front.

Given the coaching we saw, I'm not concerned at any changes that are made impacting us on the field. I'd be happier if we were announcing a new D coordinator, but that apparently isn't in the cards.

Without question. They are on level with teams like IMG and Mater Dei.
Good having West Coast area tie in with new Coach. He's gonna need to get that LBer? from Servite (Lytle?) In.

I'm seeing chatter on Twitter, that another assistant coach may be on the move. Any news on that?

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Top Bottom