Fox 9: Broadcaster Tony Dungy happy to be back in Minnesota for Super Bowl

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per Fox 9:

While some may prefer a warmer location for Sunday's big game, former NFL head coach and Super Bowl winner Tongy Dungy feels right at home.

"It's been great for me, a real blessing to come back,” said Dungy. “[NBC gets the Super Bowl] every three years and so you can't control that, but to have it here has been special."

Dungy's Minnesota ties run deep. He was a four-year starter at quarterback for the Golden Gophers back in the ‘70s and as Minneapolis is now on the grandest stage hosting Super Bowl LII, Dungy is excited to see the city he once called home getting the chance to showcase itself to the world.

"The city, I knew they were going to roll out everything,” said Dungy. “There's a lot of civic pride here. We're all concerned what the Super Bowl is going to be like at zero degrees, walking around but they're going to put their best foot forward. The volunteers have been outstanding and it's going to be a great week."

http://www.fox9.com/news/broadcaster-tony-dungy-happy-to-be-back-in-minnesota-for-super-bowl

Go Gophers!!

per Fox 9:

While some may prefer a warmer location for Sunday's big game, former NFL head coach and Super Bowl winner Tongy Dungy feels right at home.

"It's been great for me, a real blessing to come back,” said Dungy. “[NBC gets the Super Bowl] every three years and so you can't control that, but to have it here has been special."

Dungy's Minnesota ties run deep. He was a four-year starter at quarterback for the Golden Gophers back in the ‘70s and as Minneapolis is now on the grandest stage hosting Super Bowl LII, Dungy is excited to see the city he once called home getting the chance to showcase itself to the world.

"The city, I knew they were going to roll out everything,” said Dungy. “There's a lot of civic pride here. We're all concerned what the Super Bowl is going to be like at zero degrees, walking around but they're going to put their best foot forward. The volunteers have been outstanding and it's going to be a great week."

http://www.fox9.com/news/broadcaster-tony-dungy-happy-to-be-back-in-minnesota-for-super-bowl

Go Gophers!!

I’m hearing that it’s a cover. Fleck will be fired by the middle of next week and Dungy named the head coach.

I’m hearing that it’s a cover. Fleck will be fired by the middle of next week and Dungy named the head coach.

S M O K E S C R E E N
M
O
K
E
S
C
R
E
E
N

Top Bottom