Michigan Win: Over 20 points or Under

MennoSota

Reaction score
The Game is at Crisler. Michigan can shoot 3s better than most teams. The Gophers defense against the 3 ball has been as bad as any team in the league.
Do we keep it under 20 points for the loss or is it a loss of over 20 points?
After watching Iowa dismantle us, I simply accept Saturday's game is a loss. [emoji22]

My son who got his undergrad degree at the "U", is now in dental school in Ann Arbor at the other "U". He's torn on what to wear to the game. Does he wear his Gopher shirt and take his lumps at the game, or wear his Wolverine gear and partake in the fun of the ass-kicking that will take place?

No Coffey will make it hard to keep under 20 but, for some reason, this team is really good at getting down by 15 and then bringing it back to 8 before going back to 15 continuously. So I would be Gophers if the spread was +20.

But what do I know...

Before the great unraveling of this season occurred, I booked a ticket to Michigan to go to the game with a friend (Wolverines fan). I'll be there in the flesh to watch my favorite team lose by 28 points in a game that will be over after the first 7 minutes. Still pumped though!

This year's Michigan team is a bit odd for a Beilein coached team. They have consistency and strength in rebounding and defense, two areas that they've not been very good at in the past. Offensively, one game they'll shoot lights out, like the game at Purdue, then in the last game, against Northwestern it took them over 10 minutes to break the 5 point barrier (they trailed 5-14 the first ten minutes of the game).

With Minnesota as short handed as it is, I suspect this game will follow the pattern where Minnesota plays tough and keeps the score manageable until the last five minutes of the game with Michigan pulling away.

Right now I have Michigan +25.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Michigan is only favored by 12.5? That seems low...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Boys played well but for the love of god can we not have moral victories. Please don’t go all Minnesotan.

Boys played well but for the love of god can we not have moral victories. Please don’t go all Minnesotan.
NO! Its sooo imperitive that we not have any positive take aways from this!! PLEASE stick to your negativity and prove that we the fans at least dont suck. Do NOT let Washington's 32 minutes 26pt, 11-16, 6 reb, 3-3 from the line performance give you encouragement!

Well...what a pleasant surprise. I didn't see this coming, but this is a great building block for the underclassmen. The outcome was a loss, but the ray of hope is refreshing.

NO! Its sooo imperitive that we not have any positive take aways from this!! PLEASE stick to your negativity and prove that we the fans at least dont suck. Do NOT let Washington's 32 minutes 26pt, 11-16, 6 reb, 3-3 from the line performance give you encouragement!
Ha! [emoji106]

The GOPHER team played well today and with spirit and some heart. Too bad they couldn't get the win. They showed much possibility for the future. A Big Ten loss is a Big Ten loss. Hope for future games and seasons is hope for future successes. BOTH can exist at the same time. Yet, today, I think the hope for future games and seasons seems more realistic than anyone worrying about trying to fire the coach because his team is sitting at 3-9 in Big Ten play.

People need to forget about believing that Dick Pitino will be anywhere except the University of Minnesota for the 2018/2019 Big Ten season. The game today was competitive in every sense of the imagination. I saw great effort from the players on what has historically been a tough court for the GOPHER to compete on. There is reason to feel a bit optimistic today as opposed to: "the world sucks..." A conference road loss is a conference road loss. That is how it counts in the conference standings. However, a team can gain a great deal from SOME of the losses that occur. THIS was a good road conference loss in that regard in my (so very incredibly) humble and lowly opinion. Had 'that stinking corn/blue crowd on the ropes GOPHER...get 'em next trip to Ann Arbor!

Top Bottom