If you’re Coyle, why do u keep Pitino

While I get your point, I've already waited 20 years to see the Gophers finish above the Badgers in the conference standings, and it's not gonna happen this year either. I've come to believe that there's some virtue to impatience when it comes to sports in general and evaluating coaches in particular. The Vikings fired Steckel after one year, and didn't the Packers fire Rhodes after one year as well? Those are organizations that were serious about success and didn't need to see any more in order to make a decision. The truth is that you might have to kiss a few frogs before you find a prince.

If there was no evidence that we would surpass the Badgers with RP then I'd be right there with you. However, there is evidence that things have the potential to change.

If there was no evidence that we would surpass the Badgers with RP then I'd be right there with you. However, there is evidence that things have the potential to change.

What exactly is this evidence?

Oh, did you hang a banner on your bedroom wall to commemorate it? I actually really liked the 2012-13 squad for a while. But yeah, UCLA was terrible, and that is a fact. Whether the game is played in St. Paul Central's gymnasium or in the NCAA tournament, you still only play a basketball team, and the one we played happened to be horse manure.

Sure, "terrible" teams from power conferences make the NCAA Tournament all the time - "horse manure" teams even. Yes, that is a thing that totally happens.

The sad thing is that it would be the only banner-worthy achievement of the Gopher basketball team since 1990 - most likely before you were born, judging by your maturity level.

I'm sorry, I just don't get this anymore. Trust me, I'm not a die hard Pitino fan, but it comes down to a few simple things for me:

1. Do you like the potential of next year's roster? If not, then fine, be gone with him. For those of you who seem to think that our current roster will all stick around with a coaching change, you're probably wrong.
2. Do you like our chances with local recruits (next two classes) better with RP or an unknown? If you don't think it matters, be gone RP.
3. Do you believe that last season was an aberration?

My answers:

1. Yes. While not necessarily a Sweet 16 team, I think they can compete for top 4 in conference and a berth in the tourney. Like many of you, I think if they don't show signs of growth and togetherness next season then it's probably time to reconsider.
2. RP. The scales of "it's cool to stay home in MN" have tipped a bit under RP, and I think that he's done a good job. Before Oturu's commitment, he felt like a stretch to be here, Bill Self was recruiting him. Yet we got him. Will we get Hurt, or Suggs? I'd give us a decent chance of landing one with RP, and no chance with a new coach.
3. No, I do not. IF they had stayed fully healthy, I'd like them as a 5 seed or better in this year's tourney. After Curry, I put them on a 7-9 seed. After Lynch, it was completely lost. This is on BK, GD, DF, and ultimately Pitino. However, our front court will be much deeper next season, and we won't have to witness the precipitous drop off as we have each of the past three seasons.

I'd also like to address the comparison of coaching records vs. REAL hope. While RP has the worst overall record, he did land the school it's all time highest win total last season. Again, see my answer to number three to address what could have been this season. ALSO, never at any point in time did I feel the Gophers could make a run in the tourney under Tubby, or Monson. Each of the past two seasons, I thought we had a legitimate chance of advancing, versus anybody. F**K an NCAA win if it comes versus a depleted, overrated, half A**ed UCLA team. F**K an NCAA berth if it comes with a 45% chance of beating your first round opponent. I want REAL NCAA berths. Last year WOULD have been one if Springs hadn't gotten injured two games prior to the tourney. This year WOULD have been one, and then we all know what happened.

I don't know if next year would qualify as a REAL berth, but at least there's a chance.

Who knows, maybe a different coach could do well with next year's roster, and convince them all to stay. But it would have been RP who paved the way on the recruiting trail.

1. I see next years team as a NIT team on paper. NCAA tourney bid wouldn't completely shock me, but I'd put it at maybe 20%. I'll say 30% no postseasin, 50% NIT bid, and 20% NCAA bid. We are set at the 3 and 4, but the other positions are question marks in my mind. I'm not banking on any of the freshmen coming in and lighting the world on fire. I think we'll finish somewhere between 7th-11th in the conference.

2. I'd say about equal. We haven't really ever had a major problem getting hometown recruits to stay here with the exception of the top 20 guys like Jones, Vaughn, Trent, etc. Monson, Tubby, and Pitino have all generally done a good job with that. I don't think we are going to get Hurt or Suggs no matter who the coach is. Plus, I don't really care where the recruits come from as long as we are winning.

3. It appears to be at this point. The thing that set last years team apart was that we were really good on defense. In Pitino's other 4 years we have been average to very bad at defense. So, I don't think it is a matter of whether one views it as an aberration, but whether one is willing to admit it was. By definition, it was an aberration.

As far as your comments on the NCAA tourney. I'd just like to see us get back to making it there on a semi-regular basis. It seems silly to complain about whether our wins there are legitimate or not when we can't even get there very often anymore. A NCAA tournament win is still a NCAA tournament win whether it comes against a depleted 16 seed or a dominant 1 seed. Heck, we're probably going to miss postseason play altogether for the 3rd time in 4 years. I wouldn't say we are in a position to judge.

Sure, "terrible" teams from power conferences make the NCAA Tournament all the time - "horse manure" teams even. Yes, that is a thing that totally happens.

The sad thing is that it would be the only banner-worthy achievement of the Gopher basketball team since 1990 - most likely before you were born, judging by your maturity level.

I love that you intentionally instigate posters, and then claim to have "maturity" grounds to stand on. Do you expect posters to roll over in front of your impressive thoughts on Gopher sports? I was just dishing it right back at you Mr. High and Mighty.

Do you even know who stepped on the court for UCLA in that game? Or are you so old (considering that you were OBVIOUSLY born prior to 1990, as if that is somehow noteworthy) that your memory is fading you? UCLA didn't play that game at full strength. It's akin to MTSU beating the Gophers without Springs, except even less notable, considering the caliber of talent that was absent for UCLA. Come on, it's funny that you even try to pretend that you're "Proud" of that victory.

Also, the grass is not always greener as a Gopher fan. In fact, it's virtually NEVER greener. We always want to think we just have to shake it up for things to work out. Perhaps this is a time to just wait and see. Sports fans in general have no patience. We have a history of SUCKING HARD, perhaps let's just have a bit of patience.

What is patience ? 5 years, 7 years ? Iwould not change for next year unless there is a home run hire. Muss would be a great hire. Pretty good chance that anyone with a top 30 job, a top 40 coach wants no part of this job.

While I get your point, I've already waited 20 years to see the Gophers finish above the Badgers in the conference standings, and it's not gonna happen this year either. I've come to believe that there's some virtue to impatience when it comes to sports in general and evaluating coaches in particular. The Vikings fired Steckel after one year, and didn't the Packers fire Rhodes after one year as well? Those are organizations that were serious about success and didn't need to see any more in order to make a decision. The truth is that you might have to kiss a few frogs before you find a prince.

I think we will, but the problem is I'm not going to get a ton of gratification out of it being that we are going to do it by going like 5-13.

I'm open minded on Medved, though he's a bit too green IMO. I'll pass on Nagy, kind of for the opposite reason. I feel like both would be skipping a rung on the ladder and should probably prove it at a Mountain West-level job before trying to make in the the B1G.

As mentioned earlier by another poster...Musselman. Would love to see him in the Barn. Just signed an extension with Nevada but given how they are playing, schools will come knocking for sure.

I love that you intentionally instigate posters, and then claim to have "maturity" grounds to stand on. Do you expect posters to roll over in front of your impressive thoughts on Gopher sports? I was just dishing it right back at you Mr. High and Mighty.

Do you even know who stepped on the court for UCLA in that game? Or are you so old (considering that you were OBVIOUSLY born prior to 1990, as if that is somehow noteworthy) that your memory is fading you? UCLA didn't play that game at full strength. It's akin to MTSU beating the Gophers without Springs, except even less notable, considering the caliber of talent that was absent for UCLA. Come on, it's funny that you even try to pretend that you're "Proud" of that victory.

I can't imagine another fan base who goes out of its way to discredit the few positive things that happen to our teams. I could care less who UCLA trotted out there or how hard they played. We fricking beat UCLA in the NCAA Tournament for the second straight time we played them in the Tourney, that's awesome (note, I was supportive of the coaching change even with this victory). Do you honestly think there are MTSU fans disparaging other MTSU fans for being "proud" of their win over us without Springs?! Of course not. We beat UCLA in the NCAA Tourney, that should be a good thing we should all be proud of.

Go Gophers!!

I'm sorry, I just don't get this anymore. Trust me, I'm not a die hard Pitino fan, but it comes down to a few simple things for me:

1. Do you like the potential of next year's roster? If not, then fine, be gone with him. For those of you who seem to think that our current roster will all stick around with a coaching change, you're probably wrong.
2. Do you like our chances with local recruits (next two classes) better with RP or an unknown? If you don't think it matters, be gone RP.
3. Do you believe that last season was an aberration?

My answers:

1. Yes. While not necessarily a Sweet 16 team, I think they can compete for top 4 in conference and a berth in the tourney. Like many of you, I think if they don't show signs of growth and togetherness next season then it's probably time to reconsider.
2. RP. The scales of "it's cool to stay home in MN" have tipped a bit under RP, and I think that he's done a good job. Before Oturu's commitment, he felt like a stretch to be here, Bill Self was recruiting him. Yet we got him. Will we get Hurt, or Suggs? I'd give us a decent chance of landing one with RP, and no chance with a new coach.
3. No, I do not. IF they had stayed fully healthy, I'd like them as a 5 seed or better in this year's tourney. After Curry, I put them on a 7-9 seed. After Lynch, it was completely lost. This is on BK, GD, DF, and ultimately Pitino. However, our front court will be much deeper next season, and we won't have to witness the precipitous drop off as we have each of the past three seasons.

I'd also like to address the comparison of coaching records vs. REAL hope. While RP has the worst overall record, he did land the school it's all time highest win total last season. Again, see my answer to number three to address what could have been this season. ALSO, never at any point in time did I feel the Gophers could make a run in the tourney under Tubby, or Monson. Each of the past two seasons, I thought we had a legitimate chance of advancing, versus anybody. F**K an NCAA win if it comes versus a depleted, overrated, half A**ed UCLA team. F**K an NCAA berth if it comes with a 45% chance of beating your first round opponent. I want REAL NCAA berths. Last year WOULD have been one if Springs hadn't gotten injured two games prior to the tourney. This year WOULD have been one, and then we all know what happened.

I don't know if next year would qualify as a REAL berth, but at least there's a chance.

Who knows, maybe a different coach could do well with next year's roster, and convince them all to stay. But it would have been RP who paved the way on the recruiting trail.

Completely agree with you. I don't get it either.

1. I see next years team as a NIT team on paper. NCAA tourney bid wouldn't completely shock me, but I'd put it at maybe 20%. I'll say 30% no postseasin, 50% NIT bid, and 20% NCAA bid. We are set at the 3 and 4, but the other positions are question marks in my mind. I'm not banking on any of the freshmen coming in and lighting the world on fire. I think we'll finish somewhere between 7th-11th in the conference.

2. I'd say about equal. We haven't really ever had a major problem getting hometown recruits to stay here with the exception of the top 20 guys like Jones, Vaughn, Trent, etc. Monson, Tubby, and Pitino have all generally done a good job with that. I don't think we are going to get Hurt or Suggs no matter who the coach is. Plus, I don't really care where the recruits come from as long as we are winning.

3. It appears to be at this point. The thing that set last years team apart was that we were really good on defense. In Pitino's other 4 years we have been average to very bad at defense. So, I don't think it is a matter of whether one views it as an aberration, but whether one is willing to admit it was. By definition, it was an aberration.

As far as your comments on the NCAA tourney. I'd just like to see us get back to making it there on a semi-regular basis. It seems silly to complain about whether our wins there are legitimate or not when we can't even get there very often anymore. A NCAA tournament win is still a NCAA tournament win whether it comes against a depleted 16 seed or a dominant 1 seed. Heck, we're probably going to miss postseason play altogether for the 3rd time in 4 years. I wouldn't say we are in a position to judge.

Thanks for your post. In response to your answer to #3, isn't all of this about subjectivity? You say that it's an aberration by definition, yet deciding a coaches fate based on the potential for future output is entirely subjective. I think it's foolhardy to see this all as black and white. He DID bring us to our highest win total ever, and yes he DID bring us through one of our worst season's ever. OK, his luck (regarding injuries, transfers, behavior) was BAD two seasons ago, GREAT last season, and HORRIBLE this season. If you average it all out, he's probably an average coach.

I understand what you're trying to say about "quality" of NCAA victories not mattering, but I disagree. If you get there, and have little to no chance of success, what was the point of getting there in the first place? I completely believe that last year's team had a good chance with Springs, and that this year's team had a GREAT chance with a full roster. Outside of that, I have nothing else to give me hope in the past 20 years. That's just the way I've felt heading into the post season, and I think that it matters from a fan perspective. For example, I like this season's Wolves squad, but does any of it really matter? They're not getting past the Warriors (unless their plane crashes), hence the lack of luster around a playoff appearance.

Is this year a disaster? Yes.
Why is it a disaster? Because we had expectations of taking it to the next level, reasonably based expectations. The bar was raised. Then Curry explodes his knee in the off-season. Then Lynch gets suspended for something that maybe happened off-campus 18 months ago, then Coffey hurts his shoulder- is it no wonder Mason has gone full pout mode on the bit- but that doesn't excuse it. He's a GD senior for crying out loud, I put less of his attitude crap on Richard and most of it on him at this stage of his career. Can't forget Dupree's foot is all f-d up too.

I am not saying RP is the best recruiter ever, or the best motivator or in game strategist. He was the B1G coach of the year last year. So now all of a sudden he sucks at coaching?
What team was met with so many pieces of bad luck?
4 of his top 6 players are either out or hurt. His best player (Murphy) is the type of player who's game doesn't allow for him to take over games. Our second best player (Mason) has been totally checked out since the Bama game.

I'm actually impressed the team is able to even show any signs of life before running out of gas each game.

Richard has a great class coming in. He has the nicest basketball facilities in the B1G right now. He gets another year. But I would say anything beyond that is contingent on different results than this year.

I can't imagine another fan base who goes out of its way to discredit the few positive things that happen to our teams. I could care less who UCLA trotted out there or how hard they played. We fricking beat UCLA in the NCAA Tournament for the second straight time we played them in the Tourney, that's awesome (note, I was supportive of the coaching change even with this victory). Do you honestly think there are MTSU fans disparaging other MTSU fans for being "proud" of their win over us without Springs?! Of course not. We beat UCLA in the NCAA Tourney, that should be a good thing we should all be proud of.

Go Gophers!!

I think you're missing my point. I also enjoyed the win at the moment. However, I believed 100% that we would lose to Florida (which we did by 14). We don't build programs to win one NCAA game (and yes it was against a crap team) in 20 years. We hire coaches, and build programs to make a run in a tournament. If your program isn't trotting out teams that have a chance to advance deep, then you're not doing your job. I'm simply saying that I think Pitino assembled teams that gave us a fighting chance. A better chance than the other teams we've trotted out.

Okay, you're now all given full permission to host a 5-year reunion party for that victory, CONGRATULATIONS GOPHER FANS!!!

Why is it a disaster? Because we had expectations of taking it to the next level, reasonably based expectations. The bar was raised. Then Curry explodes his knee in the off-season. Then Lynch gets suspended for something that maybe happened off-campus 18 months ago, then Coffey hurts his shoulder- is it no wonder Mason has gone full pout mode on the bit- but that doesn't excuse it. He's a GD senior for crying out loud, I put less of his attitude crap on Richard and most of it on him at this stage of his career. Can't forget Dupree's foot is all f-d up too.

I am not saying RP is the best recruiter ever, or the best motivator or in game strategist. He was the B1G coach of the year last year. So now all of a sudden he sucks at coaching?
4 of his top 6 players are either out or hurt. His best player (Murphy) is the type of player who's game doesn't allow for him to take over games. Our second best player (Mason) has been totally checked out since the Bama game.

I'm actually impressed the team is able to even show any signs of life before running out of gas each game.

Richard has a great class coming in. He has the nicest basketball facilities in the B1G right now. He gets another year. But I would say anything beyond that is contingent on different results than this year.

Can this post please be posted ad infinitum?

As I have said many times on the Football board, I don't "expect" anything from recruits until I actually see them play for the Gophers.

yeah, Oturu, Omersa and Gabe K. are putting up good numbers - against MN HS opponents. Next year, they will be playing against B1G competition. It's one thing playing against Eden Prairie or Edina - and a whole 'nother world playing against Purdue or Michigan State.

Maybe all three recruits will come in and play lights-out from day one. But, maybe one, or two, or even all three of them will struggle with the transition to college ball.

All I'm saying is this: if you are staking your hopes for next year's team on true freshmen coming in and being immediate impact players, good luck.

if everything goes right, the Gophers could be very good next year. But, if everything does not go right, there could be more struggles, especially in the conference. Coyle and the higher-ups will have to weigh all of it as they consider the coach's future. And, if ticket sales drop off, that will add another element to the conversation. If I had to guess right now, I would put the odds of Pitino being at the U in 2 years as 50/50.

:clapping:

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Go Gophers!!

Also, when I think of my favorite recent Gopher moments, that victory doesn't enter my mind. Yet, it's used as one of the primary criteria in comparing Tubby vs Pitino. For the record, my favorite moment came under Tubby when we beat Indiana that season.

As I have said many times on the Football board, I don't "expect" anything from recruits until I actually see them play for the Gophers.

yeah, Oturu, Omersa and Gabe K. are putting up good numbers - against MN HS opponents. Next year, they will be playing against B1G competition. It's one thing playing against Eden Prairie or Edina - and a whole 'nother world playing against Purdue or Michigan State.

Maybe all three recruits will come in and play lights-out from day one. But, maybe one, or two, or even all three of them will struggle with the transition to college ball.

All I'm saying is this: if you are staking your hopes for next year's team on true freshmen coming in and being immediate impact players, good luck.

if everything goes right, the Gophers could be very good next year. But, if everything does not go right, there could be more struggles, especially in the conference. Coyle and the higher-ups will have to weigh all of it as they consider the coach's future. And, if ticket sales drop off, that will add another element to the conversation. If I had to guess right now, I would put the odds of Pitino being at the U in 2 years as 50/50.

This all sounds about right. I think all of this has less to do with instant success from the recruits, and what promise they show when they step on the floor. It's pretty clear in most cases if a player is out of his league. If 2 out of 3 look like lost puppies, then yes I'd recommend a coaching change, and yes the team won't be very successful. There are high quality veterans on next year's team though, it's not as though these three freshmen need to be amazing for the team to play well. I'm optimistic from a depth perspective, as in, it appears we have actual basketball players.

Thanks for your post. In response to your answer to #3, isn't all of this about subjectivity? You say that it's an aberration by definition, yet deciding a coaches fate based on the potential for future output is entirely subjective. I think it's foolhardy to see this all as black and white. He DID bring us to our highest win total ever, and yes he DID bring us through one of our worst season's ever. OK, his luck (regarding injuries, transfers, behavior) was BAD two seasons ago, GREAT last season, and HORRIBLE this season. If you average it all out, he's probably an average coach.

I understand what you're trying to say about "quality" of NCAA victories not mattering, but I disagree. If you get there, and have little to no chance of success, what was the point of getting there in the first place? I completely believe that last year's team had a good chance with Springs, and that this year's team had a GREAT chance with a full roster. Outside of that, I have nothing else to give me hope in the past 20 years. That's just the way I've felt heading into the post season, and I think that it matters from a fan perspective. For example, I like this season's Wolves squad, but does any of it really matter? They're not getting past the Warriors (unless their plane crashes), hence the lack of luster around a playoff appearance.

I think your first two questions are definitely subjective. Smart minds could disagree on the answer to both. I don't think there is much subjectivity to #3 at this point. If you look at Pitino's five season which one is not like the others? The obvious answer is last season because it was the only year we made the big dance, which is why I say it is an aberration by definition.

I've said this before, but for the record I'm not necessarily for firing Pitino after this year even if we continue to play like we have. But if Coyle has a guy he really wants for the job then I'm for it.

Let's pretend Coyle really wants Musselman and thinks he'd be a great fit. Go to Musselman's agent and make sure he'll take the job, then go ahead and fire Pitino. If there isn't anyone out there we really want who will take the job, then give Pitino another year.

That was my other big problem with firing Tubby: Teague had no plan. He fired a HOF coach who just won the program's first NCAA tournament game in 16 years so that he could go on a wild goose chase. How ridiculous does that sound? If Norwood had Shaka all lined up to take the job then I would have volunteered to be part of Tubby's moving crew. But he didn't. An AD has to have a plan before firing a coach. (Obviously extreme scandals would be the exception to this.) I'm never for firing a coach just to fire him. That accomplishes nothing. An AD who is doing his job will survey the waters first. Know that you can get your guy.

For example, there is no doubt in my mind that Coyle at least had preliminary conversations with PJ's agent before he fired Claeys. He knew he could get PJ, and that is why he was okay paying the buyout and firing Claeys. People can rip Coyle all they want for other things, but anyone with a brain will admit that our football coaching search was very well done. We knew who we wanted, we knew we could get him, and it took all of 3 days to make it happen. If Coyle can do that in this situation then I am all for it.

Also, when I think of my favorite recent Gopher moments, that victory doesn't enter my mind. Yet, it's used as one of the primary criteria in comparing Tubby vs Pitino. For the record, my favorite moment came under Tubby when we beat Indiana that season.

Mine as well. And that is partly why I disagree with you that it didn't feel like we could make a run in the NCAAs. I was disappointed that Florida was next up in the bracket for us. I had planned on picking the Gators to go really far. But after beating #1 Indiana I felt like we had a shot to make a run. I didn't think we were going to win the whole thing, but I could have seen that Gopher team making the Sweet Sixteen or Elite 8 no matter who the opponents were. But that is all definitely subjective. I was never that excited about last years team because we never really beat a top-tier team. Winning at Purdue was nice, but they ended up a 4 seed. Indiana still got a 1 seed the year we beat them.

I think your first two questions are definitely subjective. Smart minds could disagree on the answer to both. I don't think there is much subjectivity to #3 at this point. If you look at Pitino's five season which one is not like the others? The obvious answer is last season because it was the only year we made the big dance, which is why I say it is an aberration by definition.

I've said this before, but for the record I'm not necessarily for firing Pitino after this year even if we continue to play like we have. But if Coyle has a guy he really wants for the job then I'm for it.

Let's pretend Coyle really wants Musselman and thinks he'd be a great fit. Go to Musselman's agent and make sure he'll take the job, then go ahead and fire Pitino. If there isn't anyone out there we really want who will take the job, then give Pitino another year.

That was my other big problem with firing Tubby: Teague had no plan. He fired a HOF coach who just won the program's first NCAA tournament game in 16 years so that he could go on a wild goose chase. How ridiculous does that sound? If Norwood had Shaka all lined up to take the job then I would have volunteered to be part of Tubby's moving crew. But he didn't. An AD has to have a plan before firing a coach. (Obviously extreme scandals would be the exception to this.) I'm never for firing a coach just to fire him. That accomplishes nothing. An AD who is doing his job will survey the waters first. Know that you can get your guy.

For example, there is no doubt in my mind that Coyle at least had preliminary conversations with PJ's agent before he fired Claeys. He knew he could get PJ, and that is why he was okay paying the buyout and firing Claeys. People can rip Coyle all they want for other things, but anyone with a brain will admit that our football coaching search was very well done. We knew who we wanted, we knew we could get him, and it took all of 3 days to make it happen. If Coyle can do that in this situation then I am all for it.

Yes, but last season also happened to be the year in which he had all of the players he wanted, hence my not seeing it as an aberration. I don't think we're here to discuss definitions, this is about using what's available to assess his recent progress, and future output. There was so much patchwork going on in the prior years that I honestly don't factor them in at this point. If we can't find depth once BK and GD have moved on, then I'll agree with people that RP is to blame for not having his bench players ready to go.

I completely agree with everything that you wrote about the coaching search. If Coyle has a sure fire plan, and it's somebody more attractive, then go for it. After all, it's his prerogative.

Mine as well. And that is partly why I disagree with you that it didn't feel like we could make a run in the NCAAs. I was disappointed that Florida was next up in the bracket for us. I had planned on picking the Gators to go really far. But after beating #1 Indiana I felt like we had a shot to make a run. I didn't think we were going to win the whole thing, but I could have seen that Gopher team making the Sweet Sixteen or Elite 8 no matter who the opponents were. But that is all definitely subjective. I was never that excited about last years team because we never really beat a top-tier team. Winning at Purdue was nice, but they ended up a 4 seed. Indiana still got a 1 seed the year we beat them.

I see where you're coming from, and yes that Gopher team had some very nice wins. I completely lost hope when we played Iowa and made 1 FG in a 20 minute stretch. That actually happened. I remember thinking, that there is no way I could be on the bench and do worse than Tubby is right now. I think they had potential as a transition team, but that half court offense was hard to watch as they had no good ball handlers.

This is just a terrible take. The ONE tourney win we've had in ages and you are strangely trying to discredit the victory. Bizarre.

What I was trying to say, is that I think this should all be about subjectivity.

+1. I'm not a fan of Coyle by any means, but he handled the Claeys firing (which I was firmly against) and Fleck hiring with a shocking level of competence.

This is just a terrible take. The ONE tourney win we've had in ages and you are strangely trying to discredit the victory. Bizarre.

No, I'm not trying to "discredit" it. I'm using it as an example in the context of some of you wishing to fire Pitino. For Pete's sake. They won a tourney game, awesome. I was happy when they won it. I don't care about it anymore though, when I think about the future of the team.

Top Bottom