Jerry Kill to return to SIUC as ambassador, fundraiser

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per The Southern:

Legendary college football coach Jerry Kill, who led the Salukis to five consecutive NCAA playoff appearances, will return to Southern Illinois University Carbondale as an ambassador for the university. He will also assist with fundraising for the athletics program.

Chancellor Carlo Montemagno said that Kill’s appointment as special assistant to the chancellor will begin in mid-March.

“Jerry comes home to SIU with a commitment to moving us forward,” Montemagno said. “He remains highly regarded among SIU fans, alumni and the community for playing perhaps the most significant role in the transformation of the university’s football program.”

http://thesouthern.com/news/local/s...cle_7dc017b5-5524-5e5b-b210-d12c8d1b8e1d.html

Go Gophers!!

I think this is the best role for Jerry to remain active in college athletics going forward. His personality will be a great asset in this role. Hopefully, he can find stability and contentment finally.

I think this is the best role for Jerry to remain active in college athletics going forward. His personality will be a great asset in this role. Hopefully, he can find stability and contentment finally.

You know what, I could care less. Coach Kill is history. My focus is what will make the Gophers successful in 2018. I am willing to do anything and everything to make this happen.

ol' jer is a ball coach. it's who he is, it's in his blood. he just wants to impact the kids.

I agree with this part “great ass...”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jerry just walked back into the bar and the over under on him returning to coaching just went from 24 months to 12 months.

Top Bottom