***OFFICIAL MINNESOTA AT IOWA IN-GAME THREAD!!!!***

Stan

Reaction score
Not sure on the health of our boys tonight, certainly having Amir and Dupree will make a big difference. If we have neither, it will be a grind and the freshmen will have to step up.

It's Iowa, it's Fran, let's do this.

GET 'ER DONE PITINO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Let's make Fran's face extra red tonight.

It's time for Isaiah Washington and Jamir Harris to grow up and play like Sophomores. Iowa gives them a great chance to shine.

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Go Gophers!!

Iowa is so bad this year that my father-in-law, a long time (50+ years) Hawkeye fan, may never let me hear the end of it if they beat us.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Lute Olson will not be coaching this years Hawkeyes, and I'm hearing Kevin Boyle, Steve Carfino, and Acie Earl will not be suiting up tonite so the Gophers have a shot.

However, Iowa is playing better and is at home against a bad Gopher squad. Iowa by 12.

Hearing Konate has 3 fouls and 2 turnovers in early shootaround.

A full week to prepare, have the two best players on the court, a huge quickness advantage in the back court against the worst power 5 defense in the country. No excuse to lose tonight. Just take care of business.

I have a hunch this will be the season worst loss.....hope I'm wrong

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Jeezus. Hurt can receive a pass and get rid of it faster than anybody in the country. A HOT POTATO in his hands!

Well, we're down 10-1, so I guess it could be worse in theory.

Go Gophers!!

Jeezus. Hurt can receive a pass and get rid of it faster than anybody in the country. A HOT POTATO in his hands!
But does it go to his team?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Not sure how the refs determine that was a common foul.....

Amir gets a flagrant for it last game.and announcers say they like the no flagrant this game cuz that's what basketball is in late January.....what....No basketball play at all there

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk

Not sure how the refs determine that was a common foul.....

Were the announcers going to praise the call either way? Seemed like they were on board with the review... and then were happy it wasn't a flagrant?

Iowa has some little bitches on their team.

Taking after coach I guess.

Really like what I am seeing from Fitzgerald once again. He seems to have gotten a lot more comfortable in the last few games. Hope he decides to stick around for next year. He will be a nice player coming off of the bench.

Jelly didn’t go under the pick resulting in an easy 3 pointer. Then he takes a contested step back three. Hope he learns from this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anyone else have PlayStation Vue? I can't get mine to work at all.

Should be winning this one at halftime, but down 4. Terrible defense on three separate 3 point attempts (Hurt twice, Washington once) and the terrible start to the game are the difference right now. Gophers 2-10 from 3 and Iowa was 5-10 before that last prayer was blocked. The two terrible unforced turnovers that lead to buckets also hurt (Mason pass to Harris who wasn't looking then Mason trying to dribble through 2 guys).

In the second half, I really want to see the Gophers up on the Iowa shooters. These guys are S L O W, they are not going to go by you. There's really no reason to allow them to get looks from 3. Offensively, more dribble penetration from the guards unless/until the 3's start falling.

Shooting poorly and down 4. PLAT DEFENSE and we got this. Iowa is a truly awful team.

Top Bottom