Video: 30th Anniversary of "Send it in Jerome"

Saw Jerome and Pittsburg play in the NCAA tourney in Lincoln. He was a man. That was the year Danny Manning and KU won it all. Also got to see KU play in that pod in Lincoln.

Bump. Happy 33rd Anniversary.

Damn, I used to LOVE Big Monday on ESPN. Three big college hoops games in one night, at the time, what in the hell could be better? Just a great way to start the week.

I remember watching this game live and when it happened, my jaw dropped.

It's really been 30 years? Boy, I'm getting old...

I remember watching this game live and when it happened, my jaw dropped.

It's really been 30 years? Boy, I'm getting old...

Actually, 33.

Funny how Jerome Lane never took off in the NBA.

Funny how Jerome Lane never took off in the NBA.
Couldn't do much besides dunk from what I remember.

Speaking of remembering...I was certain I watched this live at a hoops tournament in Faribault. I swear I was playing cards in one of the hotel rooms and we all went nuts after he shattered the backboard. I did the math and that would have been impossible. Best not to worry and just go with it I guess.

Speaking of remembering...I was certain I watched this live at a hoops tournament in Faribault. I swear I was playing cards in one of the hotel rooms and we all went nuts after he shattered the backboard. I did the math and that would have been impossible. Best not to worry and just go with it I guess.

Must have been ESPNClassic.

Must have been ESPNClassic.
No, I thought it happened a few years earlier then it did. Where was I when it really happened? Was I in a different hotel room? Was I still playing cards? Again, better to forget all about it. Easier that way.

No, I thought it happened a few years earlier then it did. Where was I when it really happened? Was I in a different hotel room? Was I still playing cards? Again, better to forget all about it. Easier that way.
Cue the Twilight Zone music.

Somehow I was able to remember he played for the Nuggets.
Had to look up his five and five average though.

Top Bottom