Former Gophers S Damarius Travis headed to Super Bowl -- on Patriots practice squad

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per STrib:

The Patriots' latest Super Bowl trip will bring Damarius Travis back to Minnesota, where he was a standout defensive player for the Gophers.

Travis, 23, hasn’t played in an NFL game since the preseason, but he said a year spent with the Patriots practice squad has helped him grow immeasurably.

Travis spends Patriots practices working with Tom Brady, Rob Gronkowski and the rest of the offense. He'll be working out with the team next week at the Vikings' Winter Park complex.

“It’s awesome,” Travis said this week, as the team began preparation for the Eagles. “We challenge each other every day to get better.”

Travis was a ball-hawking safety for the Gophers from 2012 to 2016. The Florida native led Minnesota in tackles as a senior but went undrafted last year, so he signed with the Patriots as a rookie free agent.

The 6-2, 215-pound Travis played in all four Patriots preseason games and made 10 tackles against the Giants in the finale. The Patriots released him when they set their 53-man roster, but quickly added him to the practice squad.

http://www.startribune.com/former-g...er-bowl-on-patriots-practice-squad/471129103/

Go Gophers!!

PJ should invite him to come tour the new facilities if he has time. Gotta keep the connection to alum strong!

Good for Travis! I still think he's got a decent shot to contribute at the NFL level.

PJ should invite him to come tour the new facilities if he has time. Gotta keep the connection to alum strong!

I would think he would like to see it and see some of the guys.

Might be a challenge with Philadelphia using the practice facility?

I bet Travis sticks around the nfl for a while

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom