Gophers offer San Antonio, TX guard Kevin McCullar

UpAndUnder43

Reaction score
While the rest of the site is discussing post-season honors Michael Hurt would earn in the MIAC (or not earn, depending on which side of the argument you are on), the Gophers have offered a scholarships to Texas guard Kevin McCullar. 6'4", 180lbs and ranked 99th in his class per 247sports.com

Gophers are his 9th offer. Baylor, Houston, Kansas State, LA Tech, UTSA, Texas Tech, Tulsa and Oklahoma are the others.

Rivals has him was the 60th ranked player in the class of 2019, ESPN changed their website so I'm having trouble finding his player page (which is disappointing because they usually offer decent analysis)

Looks like a solid prospect based on ratings. Light offer list is a little confusing but I guess he has 10-ish months to pickup more offers and decide.

Obviously scoring and athleticism are ideal to depict in your highlight tapes but I wish these guys (especially guards) would show them on the defensive side of the ball too. The two sides to this are that I would like to see someone who comes off as a smart defender but also that defense can be taught unlike athleticism.

But McCullar looks like a solid guard with size and length at a position we will ALWAYS need depth at. I'm sure he has a lot of pressure to stay in state at one of those 453 Texas schools.

Top Bottom