Basketball ONLY fans - I need your help!!!

The Vikings were one step from the Super Bowl. So, yeah, that was one better option. The T-Wolves are in line to make the playoffs for first time in more than decade (with home court advantage to boot), so yeah, that's also a better option. Women's hockey has been a dynasty in recent years. In fact, last year was the first time they hadn't made it to the title game in six years, so yeah, some people will find that a better option.

You can continue to spout your same numbers until you're blue in the face. The bottom line is that men's hockey doesn't win at a high level and hasn't for going on a full decade. They're often sluggish and uninterested and it's been that way for years. People are fed up with paying to see it and therefore aren't going to games or watching it.

It isn't some kind of conspiracy. Actually, it's very straightforward and simple. But keep beating the drum if you like. It seems to be some kind of crusade for you.

Sent from my SM-G360V using Tapatalk

You Vikings fan won't ever learn will you? One step from the Super Bowl? Wow. I suppose if you love NFL football, then the Vikes may have SEEMED like a better option. But the Vikes weren't playing TWICE as hard a schedule as the rest of the NFL, were they???

The Women's hockey team, I've been following them very closely since their very first game. So I know that they were/ARE a Dynasty, but this is a DOWN year. They are in danger of not making the Tourney, and if they do, they get #1 Wisconsin in the first round, and this is NOT the year we'll surprise Wisconsin. No Amanda Kessel to save our season this year. Even Amy P and her sister chose to take the year off. Great for all the teams that were just waiting to finally beat us, not so much for us.

NEXT YEAR now will be a different story.

T-Pups been so bad for so long that they're just getting into the playoffs is better than a team that actually has a chance to win a Title???

Gopher Men's Hockey has ALREADY BEATEN

#3 SCSU
#4 Clarkson, TWICE
#12 UND, ON THE ROAD
#16 PSU
#17 Harvard, TWICE
#20 Wisconsin

They only lost by ONE goal in ROAD games vs

#1 Notre Dame
#6 Ohio St
#10 UMD
#15 Michigan

And tied #15 Michigan ON THE ROAD

Who could we meet in the NCAA tourney that we haven't shown we can beat? Denver?

Denver went 4-3-3 vs the Bottom 40 teams

UMinn went 7-0-0 vs the Bottom 40 teams

Cornell is 0-1 vs the Top 8
UMinn has THREE wins vs the Top 4

Western Michigan went 5-5 vs the Bottom 40

Providence went 0-2 vs the Top 20

UND went 6-2-4 vs the Bottom 40

And we beat them in their own Arena

Minnesota is playing some of the best hockey against the best teams, in the country.

It's a shame Gopher nation doesn't recognize this.

Does the team have some flaws? Sure, but those flaws have not cost us a single loss to a team outside of the Top 20 or a single home game vs the Top 4 teams. AND THOSE are the teams we will meet in the NCAA tourney, not the Michigan team that beat us at home.

And 1 goal losses on the road, well, its not unfair to say those could go either way on neutral ice.

And we won most of our home games by more than 1 goal. So its not like we'd lose the same as we'd gain if the road team got a free goal.

NCAA tourney games are NOT road games.

SIX of our road games came against Top 8 ranked teams.

Well, it felt like trolling at that point, so if it altered the discussion then it was beneficial despite the acrimonious feelings it may have created. It is easy to use the word too soon, but if you refrain from using it you get the 2016 US Presidential Election.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

I appreciate this post. And am sorry I called you an idiot. I'll admit you frustrate the hell out of me. Very stubburn, sort of like me in that regard, lol. Just adamantly didn't agree with your opinion. You aren't an idiot, you just take the unpopular side of the discussion a lot, and technically I'm in that position now so that's a little ironic, lol. Well, lets just hope that the U doesn't screw things up somehow, whether that's keeping or firing Pitino or Lucia?

I tell you, we'll know when we have the future HOFer, because that will be the day ALL Gopher fans agree and claim to like the guy. lol

You Vikings fan won't ever learn will you? One step from the Super Bowl? Wow. I suppose if you love NFL football, then the Vikes may have SEEMED like a better option. But the Vikes weren't playing TWICE as hard a schedule as the rest of the NFL, were they???

The Women's hockey team, I've been following them very closely since their very first game. So I know that they were/ARE a Dynasty, but this is a DOWN year. They are in danger of not making the Tourney, and if they do, they get #1 Wisconsin in the first round, and this is NOT the year we'll surprise Wisconsin. No Amanda Kessel to save our season this year. Even Amy P and her sister chose to take the year off. Great for all the teams that were just waiting to finally beat us, not so much for us.

NEXT YEAR now will be a different story.

T-Pups been so bad for so long that they're just getting into the playoffs is better than a team that actually has a chance to win a Title???

Gopher Men's Hockey has ALREADY BEATEN

#3 SCSU
#4 Clarkson, TWICE
#12 UND, ON THE ROAD
#16 PSU
#17 Harvard, TWICE
#20 Wisconsin

They only lost by ONE goal in ROAD games vs

#1 Notre Dame
#6 Ohio St
#10 UMD
#15 Michigan

And tied #15 Michigan ON THE ROAD

Who could we meet in the NCAA tourney that we haven't shown we can beat? Denver?

Denver went 4-3-3 vs the Bottom 40 teams

UMinn went 7-0-0 vs the Bottom 40 teams

Cornell is 0-1 vs the Top 8
UMinn has THREE wins vs the Top 4

Western Michigan went 5-5 vs the Bottom 40

Providence went 0-2 vs the Top 20

UND went 6-2-4 vs the Bottom 40

And we beat them in their own Arena

Minnesota is playing some of the best hockey against the best teams, in the country.

It's a shame Gopher nation doesn't recognize this.

Does the team have some flaws? Sure, but those flaws have not cost us a single loss to a team outside of the Top 20 or a single home game vs the Top 4 teams. AND THOSE are the teams we will meet in the NCAA tourney, not the Michigan team that beat us at home.

And 1 goal losses on the road, well, its not unfair to say those could go either way on neutral ice.

And we won most of our home games by more than 1 goal. So its not like we'd lose the same as we'd gain if the road team got a free goal.

NCAA tourney games are NOT road games.

SIX of our road games came against Top 8 ranked teams.

Boy are you out in left field.

Anyone that knows my posting history knows I'm not a Vikings fan in the slightest. Really got me with that one there chief. But it's still a fact they were a step away from the Super Bowl, even if they collectively failed to show up on the biggest stage yet again. It didn't surprise me in the least that they pissed it away, but other folks were and are far more interested in them than Gopher hockey. And for this season, they had good reason.

As to the other teams, the T-Wolves are showing signs of life for the first time in years. Of course people are going to be more interested in them right now. They're the hot item. And unless they completely fall apart, people will follow them much more closely

But the point still stands. The Gophers aren't playing some of the best hockey against some of the best teams, as you claim. They're getting beat like a drum consistently, by comers at every level of college hockey. If that's good enough for you, fine. For the vast majority, it isn't.

In other words, get over it. The fact remains this is entertainment for most people, not some of kind of unhinged crusade like you're on. They've seen the product, considered the price of tickets along with amount of emotional energy needed and found Gopher hockey a bad investment. Those numbers are just as relevant as your trite numbers about how they're almost a good team.

Chances to win a title for Gopher hockey? Sure, if you say so. But I'll simply say the same thing that I say to Vikings fans: I'll believe it when I see it.

Boy are you out in left field.

Anyone that knows my posting history knows I'm not a Vikings fan in the slightest. Really got me with that one there chief. But it's still a fact they were a step away from the Super Bowl, even if they collectively failed to show up on the biggest stage yet again. It didn't surprise me in the least that they pissed it away, but other folks were and are far more interested in them than Gopher hockey. And for this season, they had good reason.

As to the other teams, the T-Wolves are showing signs of life for the first time in years. Of course people are going to be more interested in them right now. They're the hot item. And unless they completely fall apart, people will follow them much more closely

But the point still stands. The Gophers aren't playing some of the best hockey against some of the best teams, as you claim. They're getting beat like a drum consistently, by comers at every level of college hockey. If that's good enough for you, fine. For the vast majority, it isn't.

In other words, get over it. The fact remains this is entertainment for most people, not some of kind of unhinged crusade like you're on. They've seen the product, considered the price of tickets along with amount of emotional energy needed and found Gopher hockey a bad investment. Those numbers are just as relevant as your trite numbers about how they're almost a good team.

Chances to win a title for Gopher hockey? Sure, if you say so. But I'll simply say the same thing that I say to Vikings fans: I'll believe it when I see it.

You are an example of the worst kind of fan. Not even just a bandwagon fan, but worse. The typical bandwagon fan waits for one of his teams or just a good team on a roll, and they jump on the band wagon and ride along. Maybe that is what you were doing with the Vikings? I don't know.

But your comments an attitude towards the Gopher Men's hockey team are LAZY and IGNORANT. Hey, if you don't think going to games is entertaining, then fine, don't go. But going public with your negative opinions is just hurting the team. The negativity around the program is possibly partly to blame for the program not being as successful as it could. Other fan bases stick by their teams through thick and thin, the good times and the bad. Fans like you make me sick.

They are getting beat like a drum consistently??? by comers at "EVERY" level of college hockey??????

WTF are you talking about, are you a complete from another planet or something?

They haven't lost a game or even tied a game vs a team outside of the Top 20 ALL YEAR. They are the only team IN THE NATION that can make that claim.

So who are all of these "comers" and what are all of these multiple levels you are talking about???

Top 4 teams
Top 8 teams
Top 14 teams
Top 20 teams??? Are those the multiple "level"s you speak of???

Because the U hasn't lost a game outside of the Top 20 YET.

UMn has THREE wins vs that Top 4. SCSU has NONE.

So was it #4 Clarkson or #3 SCSU that beat us like a drum consistently???

Seems to me we are 3-1 vs those 2 teams.

Whose beating whose drum???

And getting beat by ONE GOAL in a ROAD GAME, is not getting beat like a drum.

And what is consistent??? Got swept ON THE ROAD by #1 Notre Dame, TWO WINS vs #4 Clarkson, a split with #3 SCSU, got swept ON THE ROAD by #6 OSU, lost a close one on the road to #10 UMD, BEAT #12 UND on the road, SWEPT #17 Harvard, split with #16 PSU, got 1 pt in 4 games vs #15 Michigan(only really embarrassing weekend all year, really), and split with #20 Wisconsin.

That is hardly consistent.

4 thumpings, all on the ROAD, and all vs Top 12 ranked teams.

THREE WINS vs Top 4 ranked teams, no other team in the nation has more.

EIGHT WINS vs Top 20 ranked teams, only Notre Dame has more.

And there is nothing unhinged about my crusade. I can't stand lazy and ignorant people spouting out negative things about people or teams or whatever, that they don't have a clue what they are talking about.

Like I said, if you are a bandwagon fan, FINE, take your money and/or your time and invest it elsewhere, in some other team, OR just keep your ignorance based opinions to your self.

Like with politics, yeah, everyone has a right to vote and to have an opinion, but honestly, those who don't know what they are talking about should just keep their opinions to themselves OR GET EDUCATED about the issues before blabbering on about them.

Or exercise their right to freedom of speech and look like an idiot publicly if that is their thing.

Let me ask you a question? Is Clarkson not the #4 ranked team in the country?? Did we not give them HALF of all of their losses? 2 is half of 4, right?

And SCSU is #3 in the country, and we beat them.

We SWEPT #17 Harvard.

We beat #12 UND on the road.

How is that not good hockey and how are they not the best teams in the country???

You are an example of the worst kind of fan. Not even just a bandwagon fan, but worse. The typical bandwagon fan waits for one of his teams or just a good team on a roll, and they jump on the band wagon and ride along. Maybe that is what you were doing with the Vikings? I don't know.

But your comments an attitude towards the Gopher Men's hockey team are LAZY and IGNORANT. Hey, if you don't think going to games is entertaining, then fine, don't go. But going public with your negative opinions is just hurting the team. The negativity around the program is possibly partly to blame for the program not being as successful as it could. Other fan bases stick by their teams through thick and thin, the good times and the bad. Fans like you make me sick.

They are getting beat like a drum consistently??? by comers at "EVERY" level of college hockey??????

WTF are you talking about, are you a complete from another planet or something?

They haven't lost a game or even tied a game vs a team outside of the Top 20 ALL YEAR. They are the only team IN THE NATION that can make that claim.

So who are all of these "comers" and what are all of these multiple levels you are talking about???

Top 4 teams
Top 8 teams
Top 14 teams
Top 20 teams??? Are those the multiple "level"s you speak of???

Because the U hasn't lost a game outside of the Top 20 YET.

UMn has THREE wins vs that Top 4. SCSU has NONE.

So was it #4 Clarkson or #3 SCSU that beat us like a drum consistently???

Seems to me we are 3-1 vs those 2 teams.

Whose beating whose drum???

And getting beat by ONE GOAL in a ROAD GAME, is not getting beat like a drum.

And what is consistent??? Got swept ON THE ROAD by #1 Notre Dame, TWO WINS vs #4 Clarkson, a split with #3 SCSU, got swept ON THE ROAD by #6 OSU, lost a close one on the road to #10 UMD, BEAT #12 UND on the road, SWEPT #17 Harvard, split with #16 PSU, got 1 pt in 4 games vs #15 Michigan(only really embarrassing weekend all year, really), and split with #20 Wisconsin.

That is hardly consistent.

4 thumpings, all on the ROAD, and all vs Top 12 ranked teams.

THREE WINS vs Top 4 ranked teams, no other team in the nation has more.

EIGHT WINS vs Top 20 ranked teams, only Notre Dame has more.

And there is nothing unhinged about my crusade. I can't stand lazy and ignorant people spouting out negative things about people or teams or whatever, that they don't have a clue what they are talking about.

Like I said, if you are a bandwagon fan, FINE, take your money and/or your time and invest it elsewhere, in some other team, OR just keep your ignorance based opinions to your self.

Like with politics, yeah, everyone has a right to vote and to have an opinion, but honestly, those who don't know what they are talking about should just keep their opinions to themselves OR GET EDUCATED about the issues before blabbering on about them.

Or exercise their right to freedom of speech and look like an idiot publicly if that is their thing.

Let me ask you a question? Is Clarkson not the #4 ranked team in the country?? Did we not give them HALF of all of their losses? 2 is half of 4, right?

And SCSU is #3 in the country, and we beat them.

We SWEPT #17 Harvard.

We beat #12 UND on the road.

How is that not good hockey and how are they not the best teams in the country???
You don't know a damn thing about me or my history as a fan. You are an unhinged lunatic that has been posting on every board you can find accusing anyone who doesn't agree with your rants of being stupid, ignorant or lazy when all it really is is you having an infantile tantrum when folks call you out on your ridiculousness and irrationality. Call me names all you want, but your lunacy is all over the place for people to see. So take your freaking meds, grow the eff up and accept that most folks don't think like you.

Once you mature beyond
a seventh grade level of interaction, I might actually take your view seriously. But I seriously doubt you're capable.

You don't know a damn thing about me or my history as a fan. You are an unhinged lunatic that has been posting on every board you can find accusing anyone who doesn't agree with your rants of being stupid, ignorant or lazy when all it really is is you having an infantile tantrum when folks call you out on your ridiculousness and irrationality. Call me names all you want, but your lunacy is all over the place for people to see. So take your freaking meds, grow the eff up and accept that most folks don't think like you.

Once you mature beyond
a seventh grade level of interaction, I might actually take your view seriously. But I seriously doubt you're capable.

Just being honest, if you can't handle it, then maybe leave your negative opinions to yourself. If you can't handle the heat, then stay out of the kitchen.

BTW, genius, you just missed a great game tonight, because you thought your time would be so much better invested on the Timberwolves or the Wild or whoever? lol

#1 ranked team in the country, goes DOWN, just like I said the Gophers had shown they were good enough to pull off.

Maybe my "crusade", had some merit?

I tried to tell you, but NOOOO, I was being ridiculous and irrational. lol Ok.

Once you mature beyond

I'm still waiting to hear who all these "comers" are.

oh, and all the "many levels throughout hockey" are.

lol

Just being honest, if you can't handle it, then maybe leave your negative opinions to yourself. If you can't handle the heat, then stay out of the kitchen.

BTW, genius, you just missed a great game tonight, because you thought your time would be so much better invested on the Timberwolves or the Wild or whoever? lol

#1 ranked team in the country, goes DOWN, just like I said the Gophers had shown they were good enough to pull off.

Maybe my "crusade", had some merit?

I tried to tell you, but NOOOO, I was being ridiculous and irrational. lol Ok.
Such a tough guy! Thanks for proving my point. You're little more than a middle-schooler throwing fits. Keep tantrumming. It's entertaining as all heck.

Btw...the fact that you thought when I mentioned people have been more interested in the Vikings and T-Wolves right now that I was referring to myself is hilarious.

Congrats to Gopher hockey on a nice win tonight. We'll see if it magically changes the larger public's view of either Lucia or the hockey program.

Such a tough guy! Thanks for proving my point. You're little more than a middle-schooler throwing fits. Keep tantrumming. It's entertaining as all heck.

Btw...the fact that you thought when I mentioned people have been more interested in the Vikings and T-Wolves right now that I was referring to myself is hilarious.

Congrats to Gopher hockey on a nice win tonight. We'll see if it magically changes the larger public's view of either Lucia or the hockey program.

Hey, maybe I got a little carried away, but I'm still waiting for you to tell me who all of these "comers" are, and who all of these teams from "all different levels" are???

What levels could you possibly be talking about? UMn has STILL yet to lose to a single team not ranked in the Top 20.

As for comers?

SCSU is the #3 ranked team in the country. UMD is ranked #8, Mankato St is ranked #7.

They didn't rise up simply because the Gophers had a few bad seasons, they were ALL slowly rising up for the past 2 decades. And with UMn's help even. UMD may have gotten to Div 1 with the main campus' help even? And they made the Frozen Four the year after our Back to Back Title wins, while in the WCHA. They did that mostly of their own accord. WHILE we were dominating the sport.

Mankato's slowly been getting better every year. All the good teams leaving the WCHA left a vacuum that they took advantage of and are now filling.

SCSU got help from our very own Herb Brooks to get to Div 1. They renamed their Arena after him.

We sent them Dahl, who at least got them into the tourney. They took Motzko from us and he was an upgrade and now they at least win a game sometimes in the NCAA tourney.

And blame Cliff Thompson and Mariucci and the U in general, for doing such a great job of promoting and supporting hockey in American, most specifically right here in Minnesota. We now produce so many great players that there isn't room for them all on the Gopher squad, so now VERY good players, not just ones who couldn't make the Gophers squad, but very good players have more options now, and can play in their home state without having to get recruited by Minnesota, or maybe they grew up a SCSU or Mankato fan, or a Duluth fan, or maybe their family did, or maybe they don't like big city living?

But they were all on the rise, for LOTS of reasons, none of which had anything to do with Lucia.

Oh, except that Lucia did such a great job of recruiting after the back to back titles, that we couldn't keep those stars around more than a year anymore. So Lucia's adjusting his recruiting to adapt to this new phenomenon in college hockey, means that he might not go after one and doners and teams like SCSU might? SCSU probably lost their first one and doner after last year? Maybe that is part of why they are struggling right now? They are just starting to figure out what Lucia figured out many years ago, that its difficult to produce a consistent winner with so much come and go regarding players. That frosh wasn't the only guy to leave the program with eligibility left, they lost at least one other player with at least a year left.

And no, you jerk, this one win vs #1 ranked Notre Dame probably won't "magically change(s) the larger public's view of either Lucia or the hockey program", and that is a shame.

Because combined with the other THREE top 4 wins, and/or the other EIGHT Top 20 wins, or all of the "100% totally taking care of business vs the Bottom 40, going 7-0-0 vs them" could or should change the view of the more dedicated Gopher hockey fans, whose attitudes about the team help to determine the "larger" public's view of both Lucia and the hockey program.

Bottom Line: Gopher Hockey is going to have to win the B1G tourney in order to make it to the NCAAs. Their Pairwise ranking won't get them an at-large bid. Those facts make this a sub-par hockey season.

Fire Lucia and get a new voice who can reach the players.

Bottom Line: Gopher Hockey is going to have to win the B1G tourney in order to make it to the NCAAs. Their Pairwise ranking won't get them an at-large bid. Those facts make this a sub-par hockey season.

They are #11 right now. If they split and have @WI, home to OSU, and @PSU left. If they split all those series, they should stay around 11. As long as high ranked teams win HEA, ECAC, B1G, & NCHC, that ranking should be good enough to make the NCAA.

Dude? When was the last time you checked the PWR rankings? lol

And be careful about using the word "facts" when you are wrong. :)

They are #11 right now. If they split and have @WI, home to OSU, and @PSU left. If they split all those series, they should stay around 11. As long as high ranked teams win HEA, ECAC, B1G, & NCHC, that ranking should be good enough to make the NCAA.

Even if high ranking teams DON'T win those 4 conference tourney's, I think an #11 PWR ranking would still keep them in?

But unfortunately, you forgot about the WCHA. So if a team not ranked in the Top 10 wins every single Conference Tourney, then a #11 PWR would not be enough.

So the U's got to finish out the season as the #10 seed to be guaranteed an at-large bid. Granted, what are the chances of Zero Top Ten ranked teams all losing in their Conf tourneys?

With half of the NCHC ranked in the Top 10, its a pretty good chance one of those 4 will win the Conf Title, or if UND or WMU win their conf tourney's, that could push them up into the Top 10 of the PWR and it would still work out that the #11 ranked team could get in.

Just simplify it:

Under .500 and 6th place out of 7 in the B1G conference? 19, yes NINETEEN points behind the conference leader?

That's unacceptable if you believe your program is a national contender and when you have basically unlimited recruiting power in comparison to other programs (not to mention plenty of fan support and backing from the University). If you're Ohio State Hockey, this is fine.

Lucia hasn't won an NCAA title for 15 years? It's amazing they've kept him through this Sahara drought.

This is similar to then end of the Woog era.

This is the equivalent to Coach K's Duke or Roy Williams' Carolina not getting past the sweet 16 in 15 straight years. Or similar to the Gopher basketball team not making the NCAA tournament in 15 straight years.

Just simplify it:

Under .500 and 6th place out of 7 in the B1G conference? 19, yes NINETEEN points behind the conference leader?

That's unacceptable if you believe your program is a national contender and when you have basically unlimited recruiting power in comparison to other programs (not to mention plenty of fan support and backing from the University). If you're Ohio State Hockey, this is fine.

Lucia hasn't won an NCAA title for 15 years? It's amazing they've kept him through this Sahara drought.

This is similar to then end of the Woog era.

This is the equivalent to Coach K's Duke or Roy Williams' Carolina not getting past the sweet 16 in 15 straight years. Or similar to the Gopher basketball team not making the NCAA tournament in 15 straight years.

You don't really keep up with college hockey, do you? LOL

How long did Denver go without making the Frozen Four after their b2b titles???

How long did UND go without winning a Title after their 2000 title?

How long has it been since Michigan has won a Title?

How many Blue Blood hockey programs can claim Titles in the last 10 years???

Just 4.

If you look at just the last 6 years, only BC and UND have more trips to the Frozen Four than Minnesota. And if UMn makes the FF this year, they could EASILY be tied for the most trips to the FF in the past 7 years, unless UND gets there?

And BC might miss their 2nd NCAA tourney in a row this year. And we really don't know how UND will do with this new coach of theirs. Won a title with all of Hakstol's guys but hasn't been very impressive since.

Do you even do more than look at the Conf standings???

UMn's got the most wins vs Top 4 ranked teams. They are #11 in the country. Conf standings don't mean diddly squat.

We are the Alabama football of college hockey.

BUT - keep in mind, in comparison to college FB or BB, we have much less competition to compete with overall nationally + less competition in the very top tier. Denver, Sioux, and maybe 2 or 3 others are the only ones in our stratosphere prestige-wise/program popularity. There is no doubt that Minnesota is the most prestigious college hockey program in America (not talking titles only, talking total package of program).

When you're the most prestigious program, you're supposed to set the standard, not lag behind it.

Expectations *should* be the following:

- 2 or more national championships per decade.

- 4 or more Frozen fours per decade

- NCAA tournament appearances 9/10 years in a decade

Even if we were much more generous with the above criteria, their record since 2003 would fall short.

You don't really keep up with college hockey, do you? LOL

How long did Denver go without making the Frozen Four after their b2b titles???

How long did UND go without winning a Title after their 2000 title?

How long has it been since Michigan has won a Title?

How many Blue Blood hockey programs can claim Titles in the last 10 years???

Just 4.

If you look at just the last 6 years, only BC and UND have more trips to the Frozen Four than Minnesota. And if UMn makes the FF this year, they could EASILY be tied for the most trips to the FF in the past 7 years, unless UND gets there?

And BC might miss their 2nd NCAA tourney in a row this year. And we really don't know how UND will do with this new coach of theirs. Won a title with all of Hakstol's guys but hasn't been very impressive since.

Do you even do more than look at the Conf standings???

UMn's got the most wins vs Top 4 ranked teams. They are #11 in the country. Conf standings don't mean diddly squat.

We are the Alabama football of college hockey.

BUT - keep in mind, in comparison to college FB or BB, we have much less competition to compete with overall nationally + less competition in the very top tier. Denver, Sioux, and maybe 2 or 3 others are the only ones in our stratosphere prestige-wise/program popularity. There is no doubt that Minnesota is the most prestigious college hockey program in America (not talking titles only, talking total package of program).

When you're the most prestigious program, you're supposed to set the standard, not lag behind it.

Expectations *should* be the following:

- 2 or more national championships per decade.

- 4 or more Frozen fours per decade

- NCAA tournament appearances 9/10 years in a decade

Even if we were much more generous with the above criteria, their record since 2003 would fall short.

Again, you don't pay much attention to college hockey, do you???

College hockey is WAY different than Football.

What is this Stratosphere that you speak of???

Last 10 years.

UMD = Title
Yale = Title
Union = Title
Prov = Title

ONLY BC, has more than 1. Only 4 blue blood programs have Natl Titles the last 10 years. Same # of non-blue bloods that have them.

Notre Dame is one of 3 teams with more than 2 FFs, and they aren't even a blue blood program.

programs with 2 FFs are

UMD
Quinipiac
Miami of Ohio
Union
Denver
BU
Minnesota
Michigan

4 non-blue bloods and 4 blue bloods.

Teams with just 1 FF the past decade

Bemidji,
Vermont,
RIT,
Ferris St,
SCSU,
Omaha,
Harvard,
UML,
Yale,
Providence

&

Wisconsin.

That is a 10 to 1 ratio.

And that makes for 22 teams out of 60 teams that have made a Frozen Four in just the last 10 years.

That's OVER 1/3rd of all college hockey teams!!!

So what the hell is this stratosphere you are talking about??? Seems a large percentage of the college hockey world seems to be in this stratosphere you are talking about!!!

And that doesn't even include Maine, NH & Michigan St, all 3 being blue blood programs with ZERO Frozen Fours the past 10 years. In fact, all 3 of those programs are probably not even considered blue bloods anymore?

York & Hakstol were the best college hockey coaches, yet Hakstol still never delivered UND a single title, until the year AFTER he left for the NHL.

And York is going to miss the NCAA tourney for his 2nd year in a row this year.

Dude, the college hockey landscape has changed DRASTICALLY over the last 10 years, the NHL has just raped the blue blood programs of all of their best young talent and caused more disruption to those team's chemistry than most of them can handle, with the exception of York, and maybe Hakstol if you are ok with his never winning a title, which it sounds like to you wouldn't find acceptable.

So BC is the one and only Alabama of college hockey the last decade, and even they are now struggling. Minnesota is more like? Well, honestly there is no good comparison that I can think of? Michigan maybe? Has incredible history, has had some bad seasons recently, last title was a while ago, fans have such incredibly high standards they want to fire their coach despite his doing pretty good when not playing OSU? Like I said, no good team out there in football that is a good comparison to what Minnesota is in hockey. Mostly because of the VAST difference between chk and cfb. NO WAY over 33% of cfb teams have finished in the Top 8 in the past decade. NO WAY!!! And I say Top 8 because there is almost double the # of cfb teams compared to chk.

So try knowing what the frack you are talking about before you post your opinion next time. It might save you from looking like an ignorant blowhard.

BTW, dumbsh1ts, all of you who pointed out how we were in 6th place in the conference standings, AS IF that actually was more significant than our being #9 in the nation, in the PWR???

Are you people just THAT lazy, or are you mentally retarded???

We had 2 games on the 3 teams ahead of us in the standings, DUH!!! My guess is you idiots didn't even know this, did you???

Morons!!!

OMG, go F yourselves for being such poor excuses for fans. How could you not know this???

UMn, point wise, was in a better position to catch OSU in 2nd place than any other team in the B1G.

Their single win over Wisc on Friday, moved them up to 5th, just 2 pts behind Wisc and 3 pts behind Mich. Both who only have 3 games left in the season, while we have 5. Just a split in our 2 extra games moves us into a tie with Michigan for 3rd, ahead of both Wisc and PSU. Another win over Wisconsin tomorrow, almost guarantees our finishing ahead of Wisconsin and PSU, as we'd be 1 pt ahead of them with 4 games to play, to their 2, and their 2 being road games vs Ohio St.

Top Bottom