Official 2021 Gophers Football Recruiting Updates Thread: Links, Tweets, Videos etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

He's got 2, maybe 3 inches on Jonathan Mann who is listed at 6'3" if you try and lineup against the wall graphic.

Jonathan Mann.jpgdeastern2.jpg

Devin Eastern - DE from Shakopee - 6'6'' and 250 lbs as a junior.
Always amuses me when schools, even huge public schools with thousands of kids, have a monster like this playing a somewhat obscure position, like DE, when I bet their DT's probably are smaller. Or a guy like that playing TE, when the OT are probably smaller. Etc.

Nothing in the slightest wrong with it. Just high school football sometimes.

I've already stated 6'3", 230 seems about right. Much like how every skill position player recruited runs a 4.4, I find it humorous when linemen exaggerate their height and weight. In this instance, I find it even more humorous when everyone wants to argue about it.
You are arguing over two inches?

anyway....back on track. should have some good momentum going into the summer with recruits after the year the gophers had. And if we could also get a win against Auburn would be huge as well. will be interesting to see if we are able to reel in some bigger fish early on this go around. And if the coaches will be a little more "picky" when it comes to offers.

Always amuses me when schools, even huge public schools with thousands of kids, have a monster like this playing a somewhat obscure position, like DE, when I bet their DT's probably are smaller. Or a guy like that playing TE, when the OT are probably smaller. Etc.

Nothing in the slightest wrong with it. Just high school football sometimes.
Shakopee's DT this year was a heavier, slower, and shorter guy who played DT/NT.

Mike Morris was also listed at 6'5" and 290 lbs in the NFL. http://www.nfl.com/player/mikemorris/2502206/careerstats

But Deven Eastern is clearly 2" shorter than Mike Morris in this picture

deastern2-jpg.6800

Last edited:

Here is Tyrell Lawrence who is listed as 6'7".
He has a lot of hair, so we have to look at his eyes for comparison assuming similar forehead size.
His eyes align with the center of the lower opening in the B in Boat.
Eastern's eyes are more in the bottom maroon part of the B in boat. Probably a difference of 2 inches.
That would put Eastern at 6'5", maybe 6'4"

(This is assuming similar camera angles and distances from the wall.)

Tyrell Lawrence.jpegdeastern2.jpg

Is he committed? His twitter post makes it sound like he was offered and committed. But he's nowhere to be found on 247 or rivals as far as a one of our commits for 2021.

Is he committed? His twitter post makes it sound like he was offered and committed. But he's nowhere to be found on 247 or rivals as far as a one of our commits for 2021.
Wonder the same thing. Also, that little note he wrote talks about spending the next 4 years with the U of M, but he’s just a junior still.

Here is Tyrell Lawrence who is listed as 6'7".
He has a lot of hair, so we have to look at his eyes for comparison assuming similar forehead size.
His eyes align with the center of the lower opening in the B in Boat.
Eastern's eyes are more in the bottom maroon part of the B in boat. Probably a difference of 2 inches.
That would put Eastern at 6'5", maybe 6'4"

(This is assuming similar camera angles and distances from the wall.)

View attachment 6801View attachment 6802
Assuming Lawrence actually is 6'7" as listed.

:)

With the 2020 recruiting class mostly in the books is it too early to start getting excited for 2021?

The top 2 in state recruits are verballed elsewhere and there aren't too many highly rated guys after them. Who are our top priorities? Best chances to land? Had unofficials already? etc.?

You can't rest. You have to keep up with PJ. I wouldn't worry about the State Recruit Rankings. There will be other whose star will rise between now and NSD next year.

If Morris is truly 6’5” (everything I can find says he is), the kid is too.

Word is the announcement is coming tomorrow, they are letting the 2020 class have their day

Wonder the same thing. Also, that little note he wrote talks about spending the next 4 years with the U of M, but he’s just a junior still.

He's a junior.
Two days ago when he released his announcement and it hit some facebook posts, there was no 247 page for him.

On another site, an inference was made that a recruit who the staff really likes who doesn't have an offer on that site was going to announce. It appears it's Deven who posted it semi-privately earlier this week.

What's really interesting about this is how recruits get ranked. Here's a guy who appears to be a Big Ten caliber recruit with Big Ten size, and no ranking, in fact not even a 247 page who plays football in the toughest metro conference in Minnesota.

Makes you wonder how these all important recruiting rankings occur.

Really interested to see if he's pegged at a 0.79 or a 0.84 or a 0.89 once a ranking is assigned.

I don’t think this has been mentioned. Nebraska also offered him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom