Official 2021 Gophers Football Recruiting Updates Thread: Links, Tweets, Videos etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

He's a 6-5 260 Defensive End as a junior. Man among boys. Plays for Shakopee. Under-the-radar. Had no page on 247 until two days ago.

His twitter only has about 20 people, about a third related to the Gophers.
Wow, awesome. I like that Fleck keeps his eye out for the “under the radar“ types. There are a lot of gems under the radar

He's a 6-5 260 Defensive End as a junior. Man among boys. Plays for Shakopee. Under-the-radar. Had no page on 247 until two days ago.

His twitter only has about 20 people, about a third related to the Gophers.

He shouldn't have had Morris in the picture if he wanted to pass off the illusion (more like delusion) that he's 6'5", 260. Something like 6'3", 230 is closer to reality.

He shouldn't have had Morris in the picture if he wanted to pass off the illusion (more like delusion) that he's 6'5", 260. Something like 6'3", 230 is closer to reality.
if PJ Fleck is in that 5'-9"-5'10" range than this kid is most certainly 6'5". he is almost a full head height taller than fleck

if PJ Fleck is in that 5'-9"-5'10" range than this kid is most certainly 6'5". he is almost a full head height taller than fleck
A. The top of Fleck's head is at Eastern's mouth
B. You don't get to include hair when measuring height

Maybe I'm crazy, but I think he looks taller and probably 30-40 lbs smaller than Mike Morris (I wouldn't be shocked if Morris weighs more now than he did when he played, he's at least very close).

6-5, 6-6... whatever he is, he's tall enough to be a defensive end.

do me a favor and grab a tape measure and measure from your mouth to the top of your head and let me know what that is.....(make sure to not include your hair

Measure the distance from your mouth to the top of your head.

Now add that length to 5' 10".

What do you get?

Otherwise, another quality dpo post, zeroing in with laser like accuracy on the substance and importance of another poster's point. His height.

Edit: ninja'd by goohs 24

do me a favor and grab a tape measure and measure from your mouth to the top of your head and let me know what that is.....(make sure to not include your hair
The fault in your logic is your incorrect presumption that Fleck is 5'10". He's maybe 5'8". We can argue about this all day if you want, but the dude is not 6'5" - period.

The fault in your logic is your incorrect presumption that Fleck is 5'10". He's maybe 5'8". We can argue about this all day if you want, but the dude is not 6'5" - period.

I don't think Mike Morris is either. Dude looks taller than Mike Morris.

LOL.

First rule of holes, dpo... when you find yourself in one, stop digging.

I don't think Mike Morris is either. Dude looks taller than Mike Morris.
I mean, unless you want to argue that they photoshopped the picture to make Mike Morris taller, he is quite clearly shorter than Mike Morris. Morris was listed at 6'5" in his prime (probably an exaggeration even then) and he's damn near 60 now, meaning he's lost an inch or two of height like every human being who's ever aged.

I mean, unless you want to argue that they photoshopped the picture to make Mike Morris taller, he is quite clearly shorter than Mike Morris. Morris was listed at 6'5" in his prime (probably an exaggeration even then) and he's damn near 60 now, meaning he's lost an inch or two of height like every human being who's ever aged.

So you think Deven is 6'2"?

6'3"

You seem adamant about this.

So you think Deven is 6'2"?

6'3"

You seem adamant about this.
I've already stated 6'3", 230 seems about right. Much like how every skill position player recruited runs a 4.4, I find it humorous when linemen exaggerate their height and weight. In this instance, I find it even more humorous when everyone wants to argue about it.

I don't think it's clear he is shorter, it's really close. Morris is closer to the camera and Eastern's legs seem more bent. Even with that, they line up pretty closely. So, no, I don't think it's clear.

As far as if Morris is lying about his height too, probably. But then why use him as your point of reference. Your point was that he was clearly shorter than Morris. I don't think it's clear and if I had to make a guess, I'd say he is slightly taller.

I've already stated 6'3", 230 seems about right. Much like how every skill position player recruited runs a 4.4, I find it humorous when linemen exaggerate their height and weight. In this instance, I find it even more humorous when everyone wants to argue about it.

You pointed out that he is not his listed height, so you felt compelled to give your opinion. People just disagree with your opinion.

I don't think it's clear he is shorter, it's really close. Morris is closer to the camera and Eastern's legs seem more bent. Even with that, they line up pretty closely. So, no, I don't think it's clear.

As far as if Morris is lying about his height too, probably. But then why use him as your point of reference. Your point was that he was clearly shorter than Morris. I don't think it's clear and if I had to make a guess, I'd say he is slightly taller.
Eastern is standing in front of Fleck, and Morris is standing behind him - yet Morris is closer to the camera? LOL - ok, bro.

Eastern is standing in front of Fleck, and Morris is standing behind him - yet Morris is closer to the camera? LOL - ok, bro.

The shadow of Fleck's head on Eastern's shoulder disagrees with you. Clearly bro.

Holy cow who cares about his height. Length matters more. I'd rather have a guy with longer arms and two inches shorter than a taller guy with short arms. You don't bat down passes or tackle with your head.

You've fallen off your rocker.

Look where the their heels of their feet are in relation to the wall. The camera appears more centered in front of Eastern however, but Eastern if closer to the back wall than Fleck or Morris.

Morris's and Eastern's eyes matchup, so assuming their foreheads are similar, their height would be similar.
The only frame of reference is the wide part of the oar. Not sure how wide that is at it's wide point, but I'd guess 5 - 6 inches.

Eastern and Morris appear to be 1.5 oar widths taller than Fleck. That would be 7.5-9 inches.
Assume 7.5.
If Fleck is 5'9" instead of 5'10.
Add 7.5" and that would be about 6'3 1/2"

That's assuming oar width of 5", not 6" and Fleck's height of 5'9" not 5'10".

Then dont start the argument if you find it so humorous.

This is reminiscent of when you went off that there was no way Faalele was 400 lbs when the Gophers first started recruiting him

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom