Official 2021 Gophers Football Recruiting Updates Thread: Links, Tweets, Videos etc

Status
Not open for further replies.
Swinney is going to be a tough get. He grew up an Iowa fan because of his grandfather. This article covers that. I also saw a couple other comments about hoping for an Iowa offer. He said he’ll be visiting several schools in the near future, including Notre Dame and Minnesota. For a kid with his mid 3-star rating, he sure is getting a lot of attention all of a sudden.

Bastian isn't coming here. Iowa or Iowa St is not his dream school either. He has disclosed his dream school to very few people. I will not go any further.

I know his parents, and my son plays at Edina with him.

Following Carroll.

lame. Go away.

If you’re that strong of a Catholic, why are you at public school?? Shouldn’t you be at Benilde?

He needs to get a Notre Dame offer before he can follow Quinn.

Also I can't speak for Bastian, but Quinn is actually Presbyterian, not catholic.

Following Carroll.

lame. Go away.

If you’re that strong of a Catholic, why are you at public school?? Shouldn’t you be at Benilde?

Maybe because your parents paid a lot in taxes and you're in a good school district. The same reason why the occasional Lutheran doesn't go to St. Croix Lutheran.

Fleck flying the commit signal 20min ago, wonder when we'll know

Ah, ok, just checked and even though we knew about it yesterday, no signal and eastern tweeted this morning about committing. Welcome aboard!

Interesting that we have a commit for 2021 that 24/7 doesn't have a profile for yet. That's getting ahead of the curve.
He didn't play his sophomore season, so apparently he was off peoples radars till he started grabbing a bunch of offers the last week or so. 24/7 should get the 2021 class prospects fleshed out soon though.

Interesting that we have a commit for 2021 that 24/7 doesn't have a profile for yet. That's getting ahead of the curve.
Well, he wouldn't have a profile...reports are he's undersized.

More importantly, if I post a photo of myself, can dpo guess my height and weight? He could have a huge future in the carnival circuit.

More importantly, if I post a photo of myself, can dpo guess my height and weight? He could have a huge future in the carnival circuit.

Have you measured the distance from your mouth to the top of your head yet, not including the hair? He could be right.

I see that K-State offered Swinney as well. That's going to be another program that will be sniffing around the Twin Cities every year now, because their coach was previously at NDSU, which recruits the Cities as bread n butter every year.

If we have to start worrying about the likes of K-State then that shows you our recruiting is turning into a dumpster fire. Don't get me wrong, I like K-State, my wife was a cheerleader there, I go to their games on occasion, and I have some K-State gear that I wear. But lets not get worried about a mid ranked big 12 team.

If we have to start worrying about the likes of K-State then that shows you our recruiting is turning into a dumpster fire. Don't get me wrong, I like K-State, my wife was a cheerleader there, I go to their games on occasion, and I have some K-State gear that I wear. But lets not get worried about a mid ranked big 12 team.
Who said anything about worried? I'm not worried, per se, just noting that they'll be around.

K-State it appears has had classes ranked in the 70's and 60's the past few seasons, and including 2020.

If Kliemann wants any chance at sustained success there, that will have to change.

STrib: Gophers add in-state defensive end Deven Eastern of Shakopee to 2021 class

The Gophers just signed the majority of their 2020 class Wednesday, but the focus is already turning to 2021.

Shakopee defensive end Deven Eastern shared his committment on Twitter on Thursday. 247Sports.com does not yet have him ranked, but he is 6-5, 260 pounds and also had an offer from Nebraska.

He is the third commit in the 2021 class alongside brothers Athan Kaliakmanis, a quarterback, and Dino Kaliakmanis, a receiver. Illinois athlete Sam Jackson is also a soft commit in that class.

Go Gophers!!

Don't tell me it's the team due East?
Sorry, but if neither your parents went to school in Madison, and yet somehow Madison is your "dream"??

That's a pretty damn low bar for a dream. And it means you'll probably grow up to be an a__hole. (yes I'm trolling)

Bastian isn't coming here. Iowa or Iowa St is not his dream school either. He has disclosed his dream school to very few people. I will not go any further.

I know his parents, and my son plays at Edina with him.

It won't happen right away but it will be exciting if local kids will have the Gophers at the top of the list. Love for it to be like Wisconsin and Iowa where all the best kids want the in state offer and stay home. I know many posting here don't care if the kids local or not, I'm of the opposite view. All things being equal give me the local kid over a kid from somewhere else, just hate local kids going to a rival and helping them beat the Gophers...salt meet wound! On the other hand I'm of the ilk that I want kids that want to be Gophers. If you are local and WANT to be a Gopher I definitely like that player more. That's you Carter Coughlin and Tyler Johnson! Sounds like this Shakopee kid is in that category, welcome!

Highlights of Bastian Swinney v. Deven Eastern. Earlier in the game, Swinney was at RT, but they moved him to the left side, probably to deal with Eastern. They locked horns in the last three plays in the highlight video. In each case, Eastern got the better of Swinney, fighting off a block to make the tackle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom