Ray Christensen

IronRanger91

Reaction score
What a great day for Gopher Football!!! Everything could have not been more perfect right down to a great win over a quality Air Force team...for me the highlight was the series called by Ray Christensen...I really became a huge Gopher football fan back in seventh grade during the Lou Holtz/John Gutekunst eras...Gopher football games were seldom on TV...for me it was an old AM radio that had Ray Christensen's "Golden" voice bringing the game to wherever I may have been...once the games were on TV more often, I would mute the TV and listen to Ray...he was unbelievable then and eight years after retirement sounded as great as ever...thanks WCCO for having him back and thanks Ray!!! I only wish he was sill doing the game.

Ray sounded awesome -- like he hadn't missed a beat. I wish he would come back more often.

I loved it as well. I went and bought one of those radio earphones so I could hear it.

What I thought was funny was they were thanking him for sitting in and doing the broadcast of the series and he hadnt even started yet.

Top Bottom