Mike Grimm and Spencer Tollackson

Reaction score
Waited to listen to 5 games before making judgment... their complete ignorance and anger towards the officials is EMBARRASSING. My lord... the Zebras aren't perfect human beings. I had a good friend tell me how bad it was, so I decided to listen on my own. Wanted to hear them in close games, bad games, and somewhat positive games. It is the same narrative each game. Really sad honestly. Thank God I didn't turn on the radio for the game against Nebraska when the refs were legitimately terrible.

Really hoping the Golden Gophers win this game!

Waited to listen to 5 games before making judgment... their complete ignorance and anger towards the officials is EMBARRASSING. My lord... the Zebras aren't perfect human beings. I had a good friend tell me how bad it was, so I decided to listen on my own. Wanted to hear them in close games, bad games, and somewhat positive games. It is the same narrative each game. Really sad honestly. Thank God I didn't turn on the radio for the game against Nebraska when the refs were legitimately terrible.

To be fair to them, there is about a 40% chance a northwestern guy gets picked up by UMNPD for assault on a play that was a no call.

To be fair to them, there is about a 40% chance a northwestern guy gets picked up by UMNPD for assault on a play that was a no call.

Not talking about that play. Obvious that was a foul. It had been going on the entire half. Listen back if you don't believe me

This has been a poorly officiated game.

There should definitely be an EOAA investigation.

There should definitely be an EOAA investigation.

There will be no charges but in August 2022 the northwestern player will be banned from campus and the refs will get a suspension because they lied about what happened.

There will be no charges but in August 2022 the northwestern player will be banned from campus and the refs will get a suspension because they lied about what happened.

The refs deserve to be sent to Mike Preifer's island until they glow.

It's every game. Grimm spends about 60% of the time calling play-by-play and 40% of the time complaining about the officials. Every stinkin' game. And Tollackson adds very little to the broadcast, other than the occasional "when I played" story. I don't listen on the radio unless there is no TV and no other way to follow the game.

To be fair to Grimm, he tends to point out bad calls both ways, he's just much more agitated when it's the against the Gophers.

That was the most poorly officiated game I have seen in a long time. The flagrant on Coffey, the offensive call on McBrayer, The constant pushing under the bucket by NW of Murphy, not giving Mason the 2 pts on the layup and then a no call on another one a minute later. Almost never drawing a whistle on contact going to the bucket, missed traveling calls. The crew was awful. That said their coach schooled ours in the second half on defense- they got layups and we got forced shots. A very frustrating game in a very frustrating year. Grrr.

That was the most poorly officiated game I have seen in a long time. The flagrant on Coffey, the offensive call on McBrayer, The constant pushing under the bucket by NW of Murphy, not giving Mason the 2 pts on the layup and then a no call on another one a minute later. Almost never drawing a whistle on contact going to the bucket, missed traveling calls. The crew was awful. That said their coach schooled ours in the second half on defense- they got layups and we got forced shots. A very frustrating game in a very frustrating year. Grrr.

Flagrant on Coffey and no bucket for Mason when he took two more steps were the right call...

I saw plenty of calls Northwestern didn't get either, like the 1 or 2 illegal screens Bakary sets each game.

Make your free throws and don't act like the sky is falling over the last 10 minutes of game play and we win the game. Frustrating Loss.

Like Grimm though, FWTW.

Flagrant on Coffey and no bucket for Mason when he took two more steps were the right call...

I saw plenty of calls Northwestern didn't get either, like the 1 or 2 illegal screens Bakary sets each game.

Make your free throws and don't act like the sky is falling over the last 10 minutes of game play and we win the game. Frustrating Loss.

Like Grimm though, FWTW.

Agreed.

I like Grimm. Don't think Tollackson is particularly good at the job. If it has to be a former player I'd wonder about Andre Hollins. He was always really well spoken. When he's done playing overseas maybe he'd be interested.

I never understood why they went with Tollackson over Lynch.

Top Bottom