WOULD MICHAEL HURT BE ALL CONFERENCE IN THE MIAC?

Michael played his best game in a MN uniform tonight. Give him some credit. It is good to see him gain some confidence.

Michael played his best game in a MN uniform tonight. Give him some credit. It is good to see him gain some confidence.

Yup. He would be a decent 10th best guy. He is a really bad 5-7th best guy

Yes. Just on a human level great to see the young man have succes. Got to be a fair amount of pressure on him being home state kid and all the accolades for his yoinger brother.

At 3 points per game I suggest the sample size is misleading.
I grant that last night's game against a bad Badger team was his best game. Perhaps he'll be a serviceable backup as a senior.

So are you saying that the 20 total shots and 14 three point attempts from his freshman season is a big enough sample size to judge, but 68 total shots and 17 three point attempts from this season isn't? Care to explain the logic there? If neither is a big enough sample size, then what led you to decide he's not a good shooter?

So are you saying that the 20 total shots and 14 three point attempts from his freshman season is a big enough sample size to judge, but 68 total shots and 17 three point attempts from this season isn't? Care to explain the logic there? If neither is a big enough sample size, then what led you to decide he's not a good shooter?
I have my opinion and you have yours. Both of us draw from the minimal data available.

I have my opinion and you have yours. Both of us draw from the minimal data available.

I think a sample size of 68 shots is more reliable than a sample size of 20 shots, but just like how I think Jordan Murphy is a scoring threat and you don't, we can agree to disagree.

I think a sample size of 68 shots is more reliable than a sample size of 20 shots, but just like how I think Jordan Murphy is a scoring threat and you don't, we can agree to disagree.
Murph is a scoring threat, but he's limited by not having a big center who is capable of stopping Murph from being double-teamed. He's also limited because his range only goes out to 15 feet. If he develops an outside presence like Wagner from Michigan then Murphy won't be hindered by a weakass center.

Murph is a scoring threat, but he's limited by not having a big center who is capable of stopping Murph from being double-teamed. He's also limited because his range only goes out to 15 feet. If he develops an outside presence like Wagner from Michigan then Murphy won't be hindered by a weakass center.

I'm glad you've changed your mind on that. He's a special player, and it goes beyond just rebounding. If he develops a more consistent shot for next season (he's already improved some), he will be scary good.

That below .500 lifetime overall record and below .500 MIAC lifetime record sure are impressive.

Regarding the Oles/Kosmowski the discussion was over the past 3 years, not lifetime.

Having said that Coach Kos' coaching arc is really amazing. First 16 seasons from 1995-2010 they had exactly 1 Top 3 finish in the MIAC. They were rarely even mediocre, did not win a MIAC play-off game and even had a 3-21 season.

Since 2011 they have been in the Top 3 in 5 seasons.

Everyone wants the local kid to be good. People get excited when we see one game out of 10 where he looks like he has a pulse. He will never be any good at the big ten level. 0pts again today. He is beyond terrible and has no business seeing time on the court. If he sees major minutes next year Pitino will be gone. We can’t play one man down next year with a guy that offers nothing offensively. Case closed. Can’t watch him anymore.

Everyone wants the local kid to be good. People get excited when we see one game out of 10 where he looks like he has a pulse. He will never be any good at the big ten level. 0pts again today. He is beyond terrible and has no business seeing time on the court. If he sees major minutes next year Pitino will be gone. We can’t play one man down next year with a guy that offers nothing offensively. Case closed. Can’t watch him anymore.
Don't watch the rest of this year then and don't watch next year because he will still be backing up Coffey. Today wasn't a real good day for Hurt but he has definitely shown improvement this year and who is to say he can't continue to improve over the summer and into next season. He defends hard, is a solid rebounder, and is usually one of the better ball movers on the floor. He does need to be a little bit more willing to let the 3 ball fly as he shoots it well.

Not a direct comment on Hurt’s play, but our offense is pick and roll for mason, drive by mason, Murphy iso off the block, IW ball handle. Basically we showcase individual skills, not sure if that is by design or necessity. Hurt doesn’t have the athleticism to beat most big ten defenders, but he does have decent understanding of the game and shows up against teams that are not filled with elite athleticism (Wisconsin). There’s a place for Hurt in the Big Ten, but his skill set doesn’t fit into this offense.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The goal is to get players in here better than Hurt. Rather than dream of ways to get Hurt on the floor and see him do basically nothing, how about upgrading the talent and putting someone else on the floor.

It's almost like Hurt is owed some time or a spot on the floor.

Hurt is basically brutal if you believe what your own eyes see. Of course, many people don't believe what their own eyes see.

I'm still improving...I don't know why he can't.

Top Bottom