WOULD MICHAEL HURT BE ALL CONFERENCE IN THE MIAC?

Dear god, I'm so sorry about "lying" that UST is a top 3 MIAC team right now. I did not realize they were that low this year.

Last year, UST was #1 in the MIAC standings and this year, SJU is #1 so I'd say over the last two years, these two programs along with Bethel have been two of the top 3 programs in the MIAC. But I'm really sorry about "lying" about UST current standing. I don't know how I'll live with myself after that.

Well SJU is #1 and UST is currently #3, so they may not have been in 3rd place at the time but doesn't mean they were not a top 3 team.

Hurt needs acting lessons. Tonight he got shoved out of bounds while getting a rebound and hit while taking a shot. Bring the # of WTF no calls the last two games to at least 5.

Dear god, I'm so sorry about "lying" that UST is a top 3 MIAC team right now. I did not realize they were that low this year.

Last year, UST was #1 in the MIAC standings and this year, SJU is #1 so I'd say over the last two years, these two programs along with Bethel have been two of the top 3 programs in the MIAC. But I'm really sorry about "lying" about UST current standing. I don't know how I'll live with myself after that.

Word is in Northfield that the Oles are upset with your Power Ratings. They just throttled the Johnnies, have 2 MIAC Playoff titles in the past 4 years, appeared in NCAA Sweet 16 in 2015 & currently in 2nd place.

Word is in Northfield that the Oles are upset with your Power Ratings. They just throttled the Johnnies, have 2 MIAC Playoff titles in the past 4 years, appeared in NCAA Sweet 16 in 2015 & currently in 2nd place.

And the Oles are coached by Owatonna native and former Gopher hoopster Dan Kosmoski; he served under Clem a few years as well.

It's definitely a confidence issue, shooting was his strength in High school. I've seen him light it up while his 8th grade brother played PG.

A lot players lose their confidence under Pitino. It's not even funny; Washington is another clear example. smh

I've seen this kinda coaching many times micro & mismanagement of too many players.

Let go of the ego and let the kids play ball is my best advice

That has been true. In a separate thread, I listed a number of players who I felt played worse over time under Pitino. I didn't list Washington because I think it is too early to tell whether or not he has lost his confidence.

So has Washington regained his confidence despite Pitino's mismanagement?

And did your list also include players who've improved leaps and bounds under Pitino?

There does seem to be a trend that senior year role players seem to be almost less effective than they were as freshmen/sophomores (eye test). This may just be a perception as our expectations have increased, unsure if the numbers would reflect this.

0-5 shooting against Indiana so far with a doughnut on the scoreboard. Michael Hurt is beyond terrible. We can’t win with guys like this on the court. He is Painful to watch.

He looked pretty good in the last game and seemed like he was back in a shell tonight. At this point Hurt is problem number 4 or 5, not a focal point. He might become a useful player by the end of the year as Washington has become now.

If I were him I'd just start throwing up threes and then give a ball fake or two and barrel to the hoop for a dunk or lay up, offensive foul be damned! Is the guy not 6-7, 220 lbs?

All the criticism would get me so POed I'd just be driving to the hoop and creating mayhem especially when the season is lost and you are down by 30.

That below .500 lifetime overall record and below .500 MIAC lifetime record sure are impressive.

In my mind, Hurt is very similar to Joey King. maybe an inch or two shorter, similar foot speed, last I checked King's playing in Finland..

Both questionable big ten talent, but both clearly D-1 talent. They would be starters at lower D-1 levels.

Give Hurt another year of development and maybe he can become serviceable as a big ten bench player.

If we get his bro, no question, it's a home run.

That said, If you can go to Duke, why the hell not.

poster above was right, didnt work with the ellingsons, but didnt Pitino run Wally off a year before Henry's decision?

This is so dumb. Of course he would dominate.

Compare this to Chris Streveler. He had nothing at Minnesota, but was a dominant player at SDSU. Now move that to the MIAC? Not D1-AA, the MIAC.

He would dominate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is so dumb. Of course he would dominate.

Compare this to Chris Streveler. He had nothing at Minnesota, but was a dominant player at SDSU. Now move that to the MIAC? Not D1-AA, the MIAC.

He would dominate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Some people prefer hyperbole over reality. They said the same thing about Colton Iverson and now he's playing professionally and likely making a lot more money than any of the people who said he wasn't a D1 caliber player.

Some people prefer hyperbole over reality. They said the same thing about Colton Iverson and now he's playing professionally and likely making a lot more money than any of the people who said he wasn't a D1 caliber player.

What would his numbers be in MIAC?

With Amir and Pree down, this is his big chance to step-up, and he's just not ready... Not sure he ever will be either.

With Amir and Pree down, this is his big chance to step-up, and he's just not ready... Not sure he ever will be either.

Hurt had bad offensive game but played very good defensively against Bridges and had 4-5 rebounds and a block.

Hurt had bad offensive game but played very good defensively against Bridges and had 4-5 rebounds and a block.

Agreed. He drove to the hoop multiple times and shot more than he typically has. He has room for growth, and I hope he realizes it. Last night was the first time I've seen him get assertive on both ends of the court. I hope he finishes the season with the same effort.

I was fairly impressed with his defense on Bridges, which on its face was a really bad matchup for him. He managed to overcome the massive athleticism gap by working harder and being fundamentally sound. Hopefully he can build on it.

I was fairly impressed with his defense on Bridges, which on its face was a really bad matchup for him. He managed to overcome the massive athleticism gap by working harder and being fundamentally sound. Hopefully he can build on it.

I think if he worked on foot speed we'd see a different player.

Get the man a , weighted vest, ladder, and some cones. Get him doing agility drills all off season and he'll look like a different player.

I think if he worked on foot speed we'd see a different player.

Get the man a , weighted vest, ladder, and some cones. Get him doing agility drills all off season and he'll look like a different player.

Ok, Patches O'Houlihan

31 min 2pts. Another stellar night for Michael. He played stellar defense tonight though.

Well, OK, maybe we can say he was a poor man's version of Dan Dakich whose claim to fame as a player was holding down Michael Jordan in regional semifinal upset of North Carolina (Jordan's last college game). I think it's safe to say that Miles Bridges is no Michael Jordan, though.

I'll say this about the MIAC, the atmosphere was more electric for the St Olaf/Carleton game I was at last night than any of the 4 Gopher games I have attended this season. Since both teams have locked up their play-off berths all that was at stake was pride and the Goat trophy.

Admission/Parking was $0. A Coke and popcorn was $2.50 total.

I'll say this about the MIAC, the atmosphere was more electric for the St Olaf/Carleton game I was at last night than any of the 4 Gopher games I have attended this season. Since both teams have locked up their play-off berths all that was at stake was pride and the Goat trophy.

Amateur sports at its best!

Would love to see Carleton make a run through the MIAC Tournament in memory of Jack Thurnblad.

Wish I could have been there, i actually watched a little bit online. Most the MIAC has a great online broadcast, St. Olaf has something like 7 cameras going, very high quality and good camera angles.

I headed south with a Tommie alum to watch Olaf take down UST last Sat. and the Ole students were very boisterous and it was a great atmosphere.

Wish I could have been there, i actually watched a little bit online. Most the MIAC has a great online broadcast, St. Olaf has something like 7 cameras going, very high quality and good camera angles.

I headed south with a Tommie alum to watch Olaf take down UST last Sat. and the Ole students were very boisterous and it was a great atmosphere.

Impossible. uST is clearly top 3 and definitely not in a 3 way tie for 4th place with two teams that they’ve gone 2-2 against

I'm really glad to hear this. Carleton had some extremely talented players when I was there, including a few who really held their own against some good Gopher bball players. I played soccer at Carleton and usually attended basketball and football games against St. Olaf. Those environments were awesome. You've sent me down memory lane.

Top Bottom