WOULD MICHAEL HURT BE ALL CONFERENCE IN THE MIAC?

Pdiddy

Banned
Reaction score
Not trying to be harsh but another huge swing and miss by Pitino on recruiting. A local Minnesota kid who I want to do well more than anyone. What can I get excited for in the next two years watching him for the Gophers? Nothing. Transfer to St Thomas play 30 min a game and avg 10 Pts a game if he decides to shoot. Not sure that gets you all conference but he would get plenty of playing time and might have fun taking more than one shot a game.

If he stayed 4 years no doubt in my mind. Probably not as a freshmen or sophomore though

Not trying to be harsh but another huge swing and miss by Pitino on recruiting. A local Minnesota kid who I want to do well more than anyone. What can I get excited for in the next two years watching him for the Gophers? Nothing. Transfer to St Thomas play 30 min a game and avg 10 Pts a game if he decides to shoot. Not sure that gets you all conference but he would get plenty of playing time and might have fun taking more than one shot a game.

Do we really think the swing was to get Michael and that’s it? There’s a reason whatever the hell his name is middle Ball kid got a UCLA scholarship

Do we really think the swing was to get Michael and that’s it? There’s a reason whatever the hell his name is middle Ball kid got a UCLA scholarship

Yeah. He probably goes to a Missouri valley school if not for his brother

Hurt was runner up POY in Minnesota. I believe that was behind Coffey. We always complain about not getting in State talent. This time we did and this is what we get.

"We're going to win the Big Ten championship and we're going to take the Gopher Nation to Pasadena. That's my dream, that's my goal and that's my belief. It will happen here sooner rather than later." -- Tim Brewster

Hurt was runner up POY in Minnesota. I believe that was behind Coffey. We always complain about not getting in State talent. This time we did and this is what we get.

"We're going to win the Big Ten championship and we're going to take the Gopher Nation to Pasadena. That's my dream, that's my goal and that's my belief. It will happen here sooner rather than later." -- Tim Brewster
We need to get in State talent

We do not need to get in State bodies

Hurt had offers from Northwestern, Nebraska, and Northern Iowa. Certainly not college basketball royalty, but not bottom of the barrel D-I schools.

Ya know I thought that at only 6’6” or 6’7”, Mike might get a pass, but it seems he was just big enough to pass the threshold to become the latest edition of “tall white guy that everyone hates.”

How is Mike a scapegoat in any of this? When you can get a runner-up Minnesota Mr. BB, you take him.

WHO CARES? HOW DOES THIS QUESTION MATTER? WHY ARE WE YELLING?

We need to get in State talent

We do not need to get in State bodies

Pitino cant win either way! 2 years ago he brought in the 2 top guys in the state. Next year we have the top 3. 3 weeks ago everyone was talking about how with hurt on the floor the ball moves better and he is only one who moves without the ball. 3 weeks later we want him to transfer to st. thomas. Pitino gets washington and he has progressed probably like many freshman around the country, but not fast enough for people on this site to where were basically running him out of minneapolis. Next year one of our freshman will have a bad game or not progress as quick as WE want so im sure people will say they are a swing and a miss too! Like i said Pitino cant win either way.

someone with seats near me was talking about how they are going to cancel their tickets for next year because we don't recruit the local kids. 5 of our last 7 were MN kids and Pitino wanted McKinley Wright-he never committed, they wanted Reuvers but got in late, they wanted Theo John, pretty sure any conversations with Davidson were as plan c after Wright and Washington. Tre Jones has wanted to go to Duke since he was 5. But it seems like they are trying

Pitino obviously is trying. We can win without minnesota kids but its important to recruit the state. There is a ton of talent here. Im from chicago and i know illinois used to recruit big time in chicago but has been unsuccessful in the past and has been a sore subject for illini fans. Next year they have 5 star coming in from chicago. You cant get everybody. Not much you can do if a kid doesnt want to come here or feels elsewhere is a better fit.

Pitino cant win either way! 2 years ago he brought in the 2 top guys in the state. Next year we have the top 3. 3 weeks ago everyone was talking about how with hurt on the floor the ball moves better and he is only one who moves without the ball. 3 weeks later we want him to transfer to st. thomas. Pitino gets washington and he has progressed probably like many freshman around the country, but not fast enough for people on this site to where were basically running him out of minneapolis. Next year one of our freshman will have a bad game or not progress as quick as WE want so im sure people will say they are a swing and a miss too! Like i said Pitino cant win either way.

Agreed. Mason sucked as a freshman as well. just saying

McBrayer and Washington have similar stats as freshman. Both at 32% from the field and both score about 6 points a game. When all is said and done McBrayer gonna have a nice 4 year career here. Gotta give Washington time.

What??

Nate Mason 2014-15 stats: 9.8 ppg, 2.8 rpg, 2.8apg, 1.8 spg, 41%FG, 39% 3pt FG, 2.5 to 1 a/to ratio

If that sucks then I don't even know what to call IW's season...

Isaiah Washington 2017-18 stats: 6.6 ppg, 2.7 rpg, 2.1 apg, 0.3 spg, 32%FG, 21% 3pt FG, 1.5 a/to ratio

The only area Mason was worse than IW as a freshman was free throw percentage.

If Mason sucked as a freshman then I hope all our freshmen suck next year.

What??

Nate Mason 2014-15 stats: 9.8 ppg, 2.8 rpg, 2.8apg, 1.8 spg, 41%FG, 39% 3pt FG, 2.5 to 1 a/to ratio

Isaiah Washington 2017-18 stats: 6.6 ppg, 2.7 rpg, 2.1 apg, 0.3 spg, 32%FG, 21% 3pt FG, 1.5 a/to ratio

Lol. Hard to argue the facts when the facts are against you!

What??

Might have been a little of the top on the word SUCKED. he struggled at times as well

I'm sure he would get better over the next two years but can't say i'd be sad if he transferred and we are able to find someone else who can contribute.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hurt doesn't play with any confidence. He's supposed to be a solid shooter, yet hardly ever looks to shoot except near the rim. And he's not a good finisher at the rim. Work on the mid-range and out game and I think he could be a solid contributor.

Hurt doesn't play with any confidence. He's supposed to be a solid shooter, yet hardly ever looks to shoot except near the rim. And he's not a good finisher at the rim. Work on the mid-range and out game and I think he could be a solid contributor.
I said this when Hurt was recruited and I say it again: Hurt's release is too slow which means he doesn't get good looks from the arc. Hurt is not athletic enough to play above the rim. His one positive is he's a decent passer. He was not someone to get excited about, but the GH thought he was the second coming of Blake Hoffarber.
Nothing we can do now. Smile and hope Michael gets a good education. He may help on the scout team.

I said this when Hurt was recruited and I say it again: Hurt's release is too slow which means he doesn't get good looks from the arc. Hurt is not athletic enough to play above the rim. His one positive is he's a decent passer. He was not someone to get excited about, but the GH thought he was the second coming of Blake Hoffarber.
Nothing we can do now. Smile and hope Michael gets a good education. He may help on the scout team.

I think you're being hard on the Beave. Lots of productive shooters out there with slower releases that make their living on being the recipients of inside-out passing. With the attention Murphy receives when he catches the ball, I'm still surprised we haven't exploited this. (There are actually a number of things we could exploit but haven't, but those would largely require in-game adjustments.)

Not trying to be harsh, but he'd be a 10 ppg guy in D3...:rolleyes:

One problem Hurt is having is Mason almost never passes him the ball and McBrayer is not much better. Last night Mason only passed to Hurt once! I can not tell you how many times the ball comes to the middle and then back where it came from when Hurt is wide open on the other side. If the ball had continued on to Hurt he would have had a wide open shot. Hurt was a good shooter in high school and will be at this level when given a chance. I think we will see him improve next year with Mason gone.

Might have been a little of the top on the word SUCKED. he struggled at times as well

He did struggle at times (hit a freshman wall) but he started 9 games as a freshman on a veteran team so that's saying something.

One problem Hurt is having is Mason almost never passes him the ball and McBrayer is not much better. Last night Mason only passed to Hurt once! I can not tell you how many times the ball comes to the middle and then back where it came from when Hurt is wide open on the other side. If the ball had continued on to Hurt he would have had a wide open shot. Hurt was a good shooter in high school and will be at this level when given a chance. I think we will see him improve next year with Mason gone.

I don't disagree with you but I saw Mason pass to Hurt a couple of games ago when Hurt made a move to the basket (he scored too). Most of the time Hurt simply just plays like he knows he's not any good and doesn't try to make a move to score when the vets are on the court. What's the point of passing to a guy when he's just going to pass the ball back to you later in the shot clock?

What??

Most sports fans, like most voters, have poor memories.

I'm sure he would get better over the next two years but can't say i'd be sad if he transferred and we are able to find someone else who can contribute.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hurt could have had a decent career in D1 ball but probably not at this level. He was offered by both Bucknell and Davidson. He could have gone to one of those two small but prestigious private universities, had an OK career as a rotation player, earned a nice degree, and made some good contacts with the children of the upper crust.

Top Bottom