***OFFICIAL NORTHWESTERN AT MINNESOTA IN-GAME THREAD!!!!***

Slapped straight in the face.....and the refs allow the ball to go straight down the court for an easy two.

Pretty much sums up the refs tonight.

As noted in another thread, we now have 24-7 access to our own practice facility. Guys should be shooting FTs all day and all night

So, maybe we win the Iowa game and....um...

I have confidence we win one or two more but I wouldn’t bank on Iowa. It’ll be a random night where our opponent doesn’t show up.

Great coaching again. Ya think Coyle sees all the empty seats??? Should get worse as the season winds down. Pitino’s coaches can recruit a little, Pitino can’t coach for squat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great coaching again. Ya think Coyle sees all the empty seats??? Should get worse as the season winds down. Pitino’s coaches can recruit a little, Pitino can’t coach for squat.

If next year goes like this year he will be gone.
0% chance he goes this year.

Embarrassing loss. Completely out-schemed again in the second half.

I didn’t mention the officiating
The is B1G officiating. If you watched their performance in Bowl games, you know they wish they had the spines of jellyfish.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Just ignore Fitzgerald’s arm getting jacked by two purple arms...

Very true but I was wondering why Fitzgerald didn’t go up with two hands.

Such a disappointing game. The body language in the second half was bad. The Half court offense was not good and Murphy and Mason got outplayed by their counterparts badly in the second half.

Embarrassing loss. Completely out-schemed again in the second half.
Ate we still talking about the NFC Championship game or any random MBB game from the last five years?

Down the stretch we got beat to the ball, missed our free throws, missed our shots, were slow on defense and didn’t get open for many good shots. Other than that, we played well.

What a dumpster fire. I've officially entered the casual fan zone.

We win an evenly officiated game. But this should have been able to win this solidly enough not to matter. Disappointing either way. NCAA hopes officially dead. NIT hopes hanging by a thread. Most promising freshman not even playing. The rest of the season will be a no-fun slog.

I really thought we would win games with our four starters. I’m now coming to the conclusion that they just aren’t as good as I once thought. We are simply getting outplayed in most areas of the game night in and night out. Oh well.

If next year goes like this year he will be gone.
0% chance he goes this year.

Next year is not looking good. If IW sticks around your looking at 2 sophomores and 3 freshmen playing a lot of minutes. Doesn’t sound like a whole of success to me. Why not end this now.

Gophers are babies. Coffey cost us a possession, 2 free throws for them and then they got the ball.

Mason could have gotten his own rebound because no one was on the other side of the basket. Instead he was wining to a ref. 8 points game lost.

I have confidence we win one or two more but I wouldn’t bank on Iowa. It’ll be a random night where our opponent doesn’t show up.

If we lost at home to Iowa, Pitino should be fired after the game.

What a dumpster fire. I've officially entered the casual fan zone.
But we shouldn't be calling for Pitino to be fired. He needs another chance. *headsplode*

Next year is not looking good. If IW sticks around your looking at 2 sophomores and 3 freshmen playing a lot of minutes. Doesn’t sound like a whole of success to me. Why not end this now.

It's better to fire a coach to early than too late. I'm starting to land firmly in the move on camp. Musselman has Nevada ranked. He won't be around to hire a year from now.

Omersa and Otura will be a significant improvement. Fitzgerald let a slow big drive to the right with his right hand twice.

But we shouldn't be calling for Pitino to be fired. He needs another chance. *headsplode*

He shouldn't be fired this year but his seat is getting warm. Crazy how quickly it has changed from just a few months ago.

Omersa and Otura will be a significant improvement. Fitzgerald let a slow big drive to the right with his right hand twice.

IW is the highest rated freshman Pitino has recruited. He's provided little. Freshman don't generally make huge impacts.

It's better to fire a coach to early than too late. I'm starting to land firmly in the move on camp. Musselman has Nevada ranked. He won't be around to hire a year from now.
We were ranked this season, too. :barf:

Musselman would be my first call. The AD should already be checking his interest through back channels.

Because 10 months ago he was big ten coach of the year and he has 3 good recruits coming in.

I’m not convinced we would get someone better because I think he is potentially better than this year shows.

Agreed and bigs even less. To me it is time to move on next year looks like an NIT team at best to me. I just hope they don't make the mistake of bringing him back and then firing him mid season.

IW is the highest rated freshman Pitino has recruited. He's provided little. Freshman don't generally make huge impacts.

Gophers are babies. Coffey cost us a possession, 2 free throws for them and then they got the ball.

Mason could have gotten his own rebound because no one was on the other side of the basket. Instead he was wining to a ref. 8 points game lost.

Very good points. Along with the poor refs.....we had some bonehead plays by the guys that should be leading the team. What the hell came over Coffey? What did he expect to gain there?

Mason played too good of a game to have me thinking about that play where he could have gotten his own rebound had he not been whining to the ref......

Top Bottom