Minnesota United 2018 Season Thread

Great win last night. Darwin is still trying to figure out his role a little bit, and when they put in Gomez he was a nice spark. That looks like it will be a fun duo once they are more up to speed. We have to stop letting in those early goals though.

Agreed on all counts.

Unrelated note: Allianz is quite possibly going to be the best atmosphere in the league when it opens next year. The support and experience is absolutely amazing - best in the Twin Cities as far as I'm concerned.

<div style="width: 100%; height: 0px; position: relative; padding-bottom: 56.250%;"><iframe src="https://streamable.com/s/q9eui/qsliue" frameborder="0" width="100%" height="100%" allowfullscreen style="width: 100%; height: 100%; position: absolute;"></iframe></div>

Agreed on all counts.

Unrelated note: Allianz is quite possibly going to be the best atmosphere in the league when it opens next year. The support and experience is absolutely amazing - best in the Twin Cities as far as I'm concerned.

Absolutely agree. The fan atmosphere at Allianz is going to be off the charts for anything Minnesota has ever seen. That is why I am happy to report I beat the deadline for buying season tickets next year. Along with all the fun, a side benefit of Allianz will be the ability to sell your tickets for face value or more if you can't attend the game. I've had Gopher football season tickets for 16 years and I have never been able to sell them for close to face value even though I have good seats.

Absolutely agree. The fan atmosphere at Allianz is going to be off the charts for anything Minnesota has ever seen. That is why I am happy to report I beat the deadline for buying season tickets next year. Along with all the fun, a side benefit of Allianz will be the ability to sell your tickets for face value or more if you can't attend the game. I've had Gopher football season tickets for 16 years and I have never been able to sell them for close to face value even though I have good seats.

You can already sell them for face value. I'm positive tickets will sell for more than face value next year. I've had zero trouble unloading my tickets for the games I can't attend. Lots of people looking for them all the time.

You can already sell them for face value. I'm positive tickets will sell for more than face value next year. I've had zero trouble unloading my tickets for the games I can't attend. Lots of people looking for them all the time.

Thanks for the info.

Sounds like they traded Nicholson for defender Eric Miller

Sounds like they traded Nicholson for defender Eric Miller

:(

I like Sam. I get that we are in desperate need of a solid defender, and it sounds like Miller might be that, AND it means we get to slot Gomez into the LW position (which is probably an upgrade over Sam), but I'll still miss him. Brought a lot of energy to the field.

:(

I like Sam. I get that we are in desperate need of a solid defender, and it sounds like Miller might be that, AND it means we get to slot Gomez into the LW position (which is probably an upgrade over Sam), but I'll still miss him. Brought a lot of energy to the field.

I liked sam too, and agree he brought a lot of energy to the team. With the injuries we have already had in our midfield I'm worried about midfield depth now without Nicholson... I know defense is a need but I don't think we are deep enough to trade away quality guys like that. I guess we'll see. Weather for saturday is looking great!

I liked sam too, and agree he brought a lot of energy to the team. With the injuries we have already had in our midfield I'm worried about midfield depth now without Nicholson... I know defense is a need but I don't think we are deep enough to trade away quality guys like that. I guess we'll see. Weather for saturday is looking great!

Maybe we're just making room for Benedetti in the summer transfer window :clap:

Maybe we're just making room for Benedetti in the summer transfer window :clap:

A guy can dream!

I do like a lot of the pieces they are adding. Our team is going to look very different next year than it did last or even the start of this year. With Molino back, darwin and gomez that is a pretty good sounding mid field.

What a fun game today. Down a man for basically the whole second half, win 1-0. Had a great time at TCF.

Nevermind what that means for Wednesday....

What a fun game today. Down a man for basically the whole second half, win 1-0. Had a great time at TCF.

2-2 in the next 4 and I’m happy as a clam. Squeeze a draw out of LAFC or SKC and it’s gravy.

That ref sucked. Doesn't call anything for long stretches, calls really tacky stuff here and there then gives a straight red card, unbelievable. Toye wasn't cutting it anyway and he shouldn't have started the 2nd half. Great win though to overcome being down a man. Thank you Shuttleworth and the crossbar! Shuttleworth proved how big his balls are by stopping that header with them (at least thats what it looked like at the game).

Will be interesting to see how these next 2 go. Have to assume LAFC will be tough to get points, but on paper San Jose should be an easy W at home but they don't have a mid week game to complicate things. Do we rest some guys Wednesday and throw the game to be better saturday?

Ramirez and Miller are questionable tonight, Danladi, Mears and Burch are out. Ibson is not traveling (rest). Gonna be a reallllly interesting (read: inexperienced) lineup but I can't say I blame them. I think they can get 3 points at home on Saturday against a floundering SJ team and they'd have a tough time getting a point at LAFC even with a healthy team.

Well that game went about as I expected, although they only really scored on our mistakes, they didn't seem way better than us or anything.

Well that game went about as I expected, although they only really scored on our mistakes, they didn't seem way better than us or anything.

I thought they would go to the video on the 1st goal for a potential offside.

Yeah, I'm honestly not upset given who we trotted out there (Harrison Heath, what??) and who we were playing.

Saturday will be excellent and I expect three points. Plus, dollar hot dogs.

Well after the dud game last week I hope we come out firing. We may need a lot of goals to win today. Weather looks great again! Go Loons!

Gritty (OK lucky) point yesterday against the top team in the west. Anybody watch on TV, were we offsides both times? Especially that first goal?

Loons are in 2nd overtime right now in the open cup. I actually hope it goes to penalties I'd like to see how bobby does!

I got what I wanted! Went to PK's and bobby was the man, blocked 2 out of 4 of their PKs and the loons advance. Someone very promptly changed the Cincinnati Wikipedia page to say "Owner: Bobby Shuttleworth" freakin love it! Kallman's celebration to his PK was awesome also.

Go LOONS!

How much longer does Heath get after this embarrassment?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How much longer does Heath get after this embarrassment?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pretty questionable subs at the end but really the ref blew the game for us, straight red carding Ibarra and only a yellow for the other guy is such a stupid call.

We should have won that game though. Darwin and Ibarra are starting to get some real good chemistry and combine that with the chemistry Ramirez and ibarra have they are fun to watch. I wonder what would have happened had Molino and Finlay not torn their ACLs...

Pretty questionable subs at the end but really the ref blew the game for us, straight red carding Ibarra and only a yellow for the other guy is such a stupid call.

We should have won that game though. Darwin and Ibarra are starting to get some real good chemistry and combine that with the chemistry Ramirez and ibarra have they are fun to watch. I wonder what would have happened had Molino and Finlay not torn their ACLs...

That was a brutal loss. Loons felt in control for most of the game. Too many points dropped to the dregs of MLS. Will really be regretting those at the end of the year.

I was torn on the card. I thought Ibarra deserved the straight red, and I couldn't decide if the other guy did as well. In other sports we lament the fact that the guy who retaliates is punished, but that's definitely what happened there.

Qunitero is so creative, sometimes too creative, but he definitely is fun to watch. Great fit alongside Ibarra and Ramirez.

I was torn on the card. I thought Ibarra deserved the straight red, and I couldn't decide if the other guy did as well. In other sports we lament the fact that the guy who retaliates is punished, but that's definitely what happened there.

If Ibarra deserved a red then forsure the other guy did too. It either had to be 2 straight reds or 2 straight yellows. What the other guy did was much worse than what Ibarra did.

The rumor is his suspension from the red will be overturned before their next match, not sure if that is true or not.

Darwin Quintero had an absolutely incredible hat trick tonight against Toronto. Really showed off his talent.

https://streamable.com/gaabr

<div style="width: 100%; height: 0px; position: relative; padding-bottom: 56.250%;"><iframe src="https://streamable.com/s/gaabr/gxuemw" frameborder="0" width="100%" height="100%" allowfullscreen style="width: 100%; height: 100%; position: absolute;"></iframe></div>

Darwin with the teams first hat trick! And it was phenomenal, all the goals were great skill shots no flukes or anything. It was a beautiful night to be at the game and really fun to see his hat trick.

Top Bottom