Eagles will practice at the U prior to Super Bowl

They will use the old indoor field, not the new one. That, I was told, is reserved for the Gophers only.... and that is the way it should be!!

Plus, with the Pats at Winter Park, both fields ceilings would be too low for punting with the Eagles at the old field.

This is a negative for softball & baseball. They lose their practice space.

I would allow the team and management into our facilities but not one FAN the fans are classless and I can imagine what they would do to the bathrooms not to mention the rest of the facility
If they do any damage to our place I would hit them with the biggest law suit we can

I would allow the team and management into our facilities but not one FAN the fans are classless and I can imagine what they would do to the bathrooms not to mention the rest of the facility
If they do any damage to our place I would hit them with the biggest law suit we can[/QUOTE

I'm sure fans won't be invited to practice, so the facilities are safe.

Admirable, but he signed a 37 million guaranteed contract in 2012 (with the Rams) in addition to prior earnings and future earnings so it's not quite a rounding error, but close. Let's not equate him with mother Teresa or even your average educator or community service and sacrifice. Philanthropy is a whole 'nother off topic thread.

Come on PE that's a bad take. Just because someone made this or made that financially really has no basis in what they donated or should have donated. Does JJ Watt only having donated 100k really matter when he is responsible for raising 37 million for the Harvey relief effort? (https://www.si.com/nfl/2017/09/20/t...ck-donate-jj-watt-hurricane-harvey-fundraiser). By your account you would say that's lousy he has a 100 million dollar contract extension! Or does the guy that donates his time to Habitat but doesn't give money even though he could not worthwhile? I have been involved in a number of things and I find it funny that when people will bash others when they themselves have not done anything. I ring the bell every year for the Salvation Army and every year they are way short of bell ringers. Do you know your cost to do this? Nothing...just your time. Same thing with some meals I have done through a group to the disadvantaged...again just your time. Habitat...just your time. Feed My Starving Children... I could go on and on but it really isn't always money for these groups it's volunteers and time donation. Not saying you haven't done anything PE because maybe you have and I don't know you. I just wanted to point out that being successful in this country is often looked upon negatively when we only look at the dollars, sometimes it's more than that...it's the effort to make the movement move forward and getting peoples time behind it that often is just as big or bigger.

Oh I would like to add that the Philly fans do indeed suck since that is the basis of this thread. Very lousy fan base. I had very similar experiences with the Becky fan base that has lead to my disdain. I had my daughter with and was subjected to some very nasty behavior, language beer on me and my daughter for wearing Gopher gear, etc. Not all fans, just a base of them. I will never take my family back there because it scared my daughter and she was crying. It is a damn football game people! What is going to change in your life if they win? It's entertainment! I must say that the Packer fans for the most part were great when I have been there 5 times in the last 8 years and not had a single run in other than a bit of ribbing and banter. Totally fine and expected. Becky...complete opposite! (and I'm not talking college kids for the behavior either!)

Should we show up and throw full beer cans at them and their bus?

I'm in. Was at the game. Philly fans are scum of the earth. Met Elflein's parents on the field pre-game. Nicest people you ever want to meet. Saw PA's old lady and daughter at the air port, said in the family section, they were cussing out the Elfleins as their son was down on the field with a fractured ankle, the a holes in my section were doing the skol chant and telling him to get the f off the field. I will never spend another dime in philly. cheering an injury is extremely bad karma

Philadelphia is an angry city. Lots of history but very old. They have an inferiority complex. They will never be viewed in the same light as New York and Boston and it trickles all the way down to their sports teams. Don't even ask them about Pittsburgh. When you make a sign that says I hope Millie dies that pretty much says it all.

Ski-U-Mah !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Come on PE that's a bad take. Just because someone made this or made that financially really has no basis in what they donated or should have donated. Does JJ Watt only having donated 100k really matter when he is responsible for raising 37 million for the Harvey relief effort? (https://www.si.com/nfl/2017/09/20/t...ck-donate-jj-watt-hurricane-harvey-fundraiser). By your account you would say that's lousy he has a 100 million dollar contract extension! Or does the guy that donates his time to Habitat but doesn't give money even though he could not worthwhile? I have been involved in a number of things and I find it funny that when people will bash others when they themselves have not done anything. I ring the bell every year for the Salvation Army and every year they are way short of bell ringers. Do you know your cost to do this? Nothing...just your time. Same thing with some meals I have done through a group to the disadvantaged...again just your time. Habitat...just your time. Feed My Starving Children... I could go on and on but it really isn't always money for these groups it's volunteers and time donation. Not saying you haven't done anything PE because maybe you have and I don't know you. I just wanted to point out that being successful in this country is often looked upon negatively when we only look at the dollars, sometimes it's more than that...it's the effort to make the movement move forward and getting peoples time behind it that often is just as big or bigger.

I think you sort of made my point. Time is a very valuable commodity, particularly to those with full time jobs and families. This is a complicated topic that gets into tax policy, politics and I don’t want to go there. Good on you for donating your extremely valuable time, and everyone that does so.

I've found the way to get back at them.

Awesome. Sign me up. I'll drive them straight out of the city and ditch them where uber doesn't pick up. Then throw a beer can at their head while I yell "see ya suckers" as I drive away.

Admirable, but he signed a 37 million guaranteed contract in 2012 (with the Rams) in addition to prior earnings and future earnings so it's not quite a rounding error, but close. Let's not equate him with mother Teresa or even your average educator or community service and sacrifice. Philanthropy is a whole 'nother off topic thread.

How much should he have donated?

They will use the old indoor field, not the new one. That, I was told, is reserved for the Gophers only.... and that is the way it should be!!

I guess I think a little different. I would let them have 100% full use of the new facility and I would take as many pictures as I am allowed, market the hell out of it, and make it known that our facility was nice enough for a team preparing for the Super Bowl so it is definitely nice enough for the Big Ten.

To me it is the same as marketing the hell out of Larry Fitzgerald working out at the U. Kids like seeing and being around the NFL players. I can't imagine a lot of our players would feel slighted if the Eagles are using our facilities. I think they would be honored.

How much should he have donated?

I said it was a nice gesture and admirable, but let’s have some perspective. Besides, his position on insulting the simple gesture of remembering and respecting the sacrifices of our war dead, injured and their families cancels out whatever financial sacrifice he’s made and has colored my opinion.

I said it was a nice gesture and admirable, but let’s have some perspective. Besides, his position on insulting the simple gesture of remembering and respecting the sacrifices of our war dead, injured and their families cancels out whatever financial sacrifice he’s made and has colored my opinion.

You probably should do a little research before criticizing the motives and actions of people you don't know.

Chris Long Foundation: Appreciation & Support for Veterans USA

The Chris Long Foundation hosts events honoring members of the military and their families, and makes financial contributions to organizations that support and serve veterans.

The Chris Long Foundation donated funds to Homes for Our Troops (based in Taunton, MA) and Merging Vets & Players (based in Los Angeles, CA) in November 2016.

In December 2016, the Foundation hosted a holiday dinner for 100 active duty military members, veterans and their families in Boston, MA. Chris Long described it as “a small token of my appreciation for the service and sacrifice they’ve made to our country.” He continued, “This event is a personal way for us to reach out and let our local veterans know they are not alone and provide them with some additional cheer.”

https://chrislongfoundation.org/initiatives/

Long, who opted out of a White House visit in April, said that he respects his fellow players’ right to protest, but won’t kneel since his foundation, appropriately called The Chris Long Foundation, works closely with veterans.

“But certainly, I think these players are bringing up great points, and they’re trying to improve their communities and America, subsequently,” he said.

http://www.philly.com/philly/entertainment/eagles-chris-long-charity-anthem-ellen-20171111.html

“Man, it’s really hard to think of anyone I’ve met who’s like him,” James Laurinaitis said Wednesday.

“And he’s just a first-class dude. He really does have the heart and the attitude of — I’ve been given so much, so how can I change other peoples’ lives? He doesn’t just say, ‘Gosh it’s bad over there.’ He’s doing a whole lot to change it, and he’ll continue to do so.”

For instance, Long’s “Waterboys” effort has raised $1.7 million and has led to the building of 30 wells in Tanzania. His Chris Long Foundation has helped veterans and the homeless and students here in St. Louis, as well as Boston, Philadelphia and Charlottesville, Va., his hometown, which was in the news last year.

Read more at: http://www.stltoday.com/sports/colu...cle_37951bce-48b9-5b6e-9649-01faf2fcfb80.html

Knowing what we know about their fans, I would have never brought my kids to an away playoff game there. Again not making excuses for their behavior which is criminal and trashy but just a bad decision as well.

Not making excuses besides the excuse you made in the comment above?

I guess I think a little different. I would let them have 100% full use of the new facility and I would take as many pictures as I am allowed, market the hell out of it, and make it known that our facility was nice enough for a team preparing for the Super Bowl so it is definitely nice enough for the Big Ten.

Actually, I heard from a very reliable source that it is barely adequate and still behind the rest of the B1G.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sounds like the eagles will be using the new facility and not the old one according to Andy Greder

To me it is the same as marketing the hell out of Larry Fitzgerald working out at the U. Kids like seeing and being around the NFL players. I can't imagine a lot of our players would feel slighted if the Eagles are using our facilities. I think they would be honored.

I agree with this.

Does anyone remember where past Superbowl teams practiced other than those in MN?

You probably should do a little research before criticizing the motives and actions of people you don't know.

Chris Long Foundation: Appreciation & Support for Veterans USA

The Chris Long Foundation hosts events honoring members of the military and their families, and makes financial contributions to organizations that support and serve veterans.

The Chris Long Foundation donated funds to Homes for Our Troops (based in Taunton, MA) and Merging Vets & Players (based in Los Angeles, CA) in November 2016.

In December 2016, the Foundation hosted a holiday dinner for 100 active duty military members, veterans and their families in Boston, MA. Chris Long described it as “a small token of my appreciation for the service and sacrifice they’ve made to our country.” He continued, “This event is a personal way for us to reach out and let our local veterans know they are not alone and provide them with some additional cheer.”

https://chrislongfoundation.org/initiatives/

Long, who opted out of a White House visit in April, said that he respects his fellow players’ right to protest, but won’t kneel since his foundation, appropriately called The Chris Long Foundation, works closely with veterans.

“But certainly, I think these players are bringing up great points, and they’re trying to improve their communities and America, subsequently,” he said.

http://www.philly.com/philly/entertainment/eagles-chris-long-charity-anthem-ellen-20171111.html

“Man, it’s really hard to think of anyone I’ve met who’s like him,” James Laurinaitis said Wednesday.

“And he’s just a first-class dude. He really does have the heart and the attitude of — I’ve been given so much, so how can I change other peoples’ lives? He doesn’t just say, ‘Gosh it’s bad over there.’ He’s doing a whole lot to change it, and he’ll continue to do so.”

For instance, Long’s “Waterboys” effort has raised $1.7 million and has led to the building of 30 wells in Tanzania. His Chris Long Foundation has helped veterans and the homeless and students here in St. Louis, as well as Boston, Philadelphia and Charlottesville, Va., his hometown, which was in the news last year.

Read more at: http://www.stltoday.com/sports/colu...cle_37951bce-48b9-5b6e-9649-01faf2fcfb80.html

This kid has a future in politics. He straddles the fence pretty well.

I stand by my comments.

Does anyone remember where past Superbowl teams practiced other than those in MN?

Last year the Patriots practiced at the University of Houston, and the Falcons at Rice.

The year before, in San Fran, they used Stanford and San Jose St.

Last year the Patriots practiced at the University of Houston, and the Falcons at Rice.

The year before, in San Fran, they used Stanford and San Jose St.

I think in 1992, the Bills were at the U and the Redskins were at Winter Park. Or it could have been the other way around.

Any chance we could get there owner Loria to kick in a few bucks.

Sounds like the eagles will be using the new facility and not the old one according to Andy Greder

Any chance since the U is being gracious enough to let the Eagles use the new Facility if they can get the Eagles owner to donate a little money towards the project? Would be a nice gesture on the Eagles owner's part since his team's fan's were so dang nasty and rude to Minnesotan's that attended the Eagles game.

Any chance since the U is being gracious enough to let the Eagles use the new Facility if they can get the Eagles owner to donate a little money towards the project? Would be a nice gesture on the Eagles owner's part since his team's fan's were so dang nasty and rude to Minnesotan's that attended the Eagles game.

The Eagles have nothing to do with it. The NFL secures practice facilities.

Hopefully we got a lot of money from the NFL so we don't have to raise tuition as much to pay for the Athlete Village.

Top Bottom