Eagles will practice at the U prior to Super Bowl

Gopher07

Captain of Awesome
Reaction score
Not sure if this was mentioned elsewhere, but the Eagles will be using the practice facilities as they prepare for Super Bowl LII, at least according to NJ.com:

http://www.nj.com/eagles/index.ssf/2018/01/super_bowl_2018_heres_the_eagles_schedule_for_next.html

TUESDAY, Jan. 30: Eagles first practice in Minnesota
The Eagles will meet reporters at their team hotel for the first time during the week, and practice for the first time at The University of Minnesota, where they will workout for the week leading up to Super Bowl Sunday.

WEDNESDAY, Jan. 31: Eagles will meet media, practice
By Wednesday, the Eagles will likely be fully acclimated to their surroundings at The Radisson, and will meet reporters there for the second time of the week, and practice will continue at the home of the Golden Gophers utilizing the University of Minnesota's facilities.

THURSDAY, Feb. 1: Practice continues
Anticipation will certainly begin to build for Super Bowl Sunday by the time that Thursday rolls around, and the Eagles will meet the media in their hotel ballroom before their penultimate practice of the season at the University of Minnesota.

FRIDAY, Feb. 2: One-hand Friday goes on the road ...
Given Pederson's propensity for trying to keep routines as normal as possible whether it's practicing in Philadelphia, in Los Angeles, or anywhere else for that matter, the Eagles will take the show that is "one-hand Friday" on the road for their final full practice of the week at the University of Minnesota.

Should we show up and throw full beer cans at them and their bus?

I'm thinking will they respect and take care of the facilities? They haven't shown much class yet in my opinion.

Jesus would say turn the other cheek. Pompous Elitist says forgiveness is for the big guy upstairs - f these guys and their ****ty fans. They ought to be welcome to use the old facility but I don't believe they should be able to use the new before the team does. Just my opinion. It's for our players.

When are they going to have a grand opening ceremony to officially open the new athletic complex and Center For Excellence?

Maybe the water heater isn't hooked up yet... at least we can hope....

I think the reporting on the fans throwing and hitting an 8 yr old girl with an apparently full beer can is what put me over the edge on this.

Send a message to their owner, their team, their fans to get a grip on this. Visiting fans shouldn't have to worry about their 8 yr old being hit in the head. Philly is very likely one of those places that's taken a "hands off" approach to policing. Needs to change.

If I had my druthers I'd make them practice outside, to send a clear and widely reported message. Enough.

Jesus would say turn the other cheek. Pompous Elitist says forgiveness is for the big guy upstairs - f these guys and their ****ty fans. They ought to be welcome to use the old facility but I don't believe they should be able to use the new before the team does. Just my opinion. It's for our players.

They will use the old indoor field, not the new one. That, I was told, is reserved for the Gophers only.... and that is the way it should be!!

I would bet even money the U will be forced to let the Eagles use the new one.

They will use the old indoor field, not the new one. That, I was told, is reserved for the Gophers only.... and that is the way it should be!!

I would be willing to bet the NFL will say they were promised the new field by the NFL Superbowl organizing committee in Minneapolis and the U will be forced to capitulate and let them use the new one.
I would only let them use the new one for a substantial bump in rent. Now if Loria could be persuaded to make a significant donation to the U then I could see them being persuaded to let them use the new practice facility.

Chris Long donated his entire salary this year. If that's not a classy dude......well I don't know.

Admirable, but he signed a 37 million guaranteed contract in 2012 (with the Rams) in addition to prior earnings and future earnings so it's not quite a rounding error, but close. Let's not equate him with mother Teresa or even your average educator or community service and sacrifice. Philanthropy is a whole 'nother off topic thread.

where will the Patriots practice? Or maybe they don't need to?

I think the reporting on the fans throwing and hitting an 8 yr old girl with an apparently full beer can is what put me over the edge on this.

Send a message to their owner, their team, their fans to get a grip on this. Visiting fans shouldn't have to worry about their 8 yr old being hit in the head. Philly is very likely one of those places that's taken a "hands off" approach to policing. Needs to change.

If I had my druthers I'd make them practice outside, to send a clear and widely reported message. Enough.

I hadn't heard about the 8 year old. Where did you see that?

I would think that special teams at least would need to use the new space. Can't ask the punt team not to practice.

That is messed up and there is no excuse but:
1. Why would you take your 8 year old to Philly to watch a game as a visiting fan
2. If you are going to do that don’t wear Vikings gear.

Nice job of victim shaming you insensitive jerk

1. Why would you take your 8 year old to Philly to watch a game as a visiting fan

I know that, you know that, but not everyone may know that. Is that the way things “ought to be”?

Bottom line is they’ve lost control of their fans and they aren’t making any effort to clean it up via the team or city mechanisms.

Adrian-Switch-Lady.jpg

vikings-fan-091414-ftr-imgpng_4ooqgflthqqw19f3n6smuwr77.jpg
Agreed. They could take a lesson from fans of the classy Vikings!

I know that, you know that, but not everyone may know that. Is that the way things “ought to be”?

Bottom line is they’ve lost control of their fans and they aren’t making any effort to clean it up via the team or city mechanisms.

Yep agree. I don’t know if what happened this weekend was typical? Was it this bad for the Atlanta game too? Hopefully it’s not something the ownership and police force are proud of.
The videos I saw all looked like a bunch of jersey shore white trash. I think the term is Jabronis from Always Sunny in Philadelphia.

It's a football game, not a crack house or a high speed car chase. If someone takes their kid to an NFL game they should expect the kid to see drunk people (and an 8 year old probably wouldn't really know they were drunk) and some colorful language. Are we really at the point where it is reasonable to expect that people would throw things at a child attending a football game? If that's the case then it's probably a good thing the popularity of the NFL is declining.

It's a football game, not a crack house or a high speed car chase. If someone takes their kid to an NFL game they should expect the kid to see drunk people (and an 8 year old probably wouldn't really know they were drunk) and some colorful language. Are we really at the point where it is reasonable to expect that people would throw things at a child attending a football game? If that's the case then it's probably a good thing the popularity of the NFL is declining.

Knowing what we know about their fans, I would have never brought my kids to an away playoff game there. Again not making excuses for their behavior which is criminal and trashy but just a bad decision as well.

Top Bottom