***OFFICIAL OHIO ST "AT" MINNESOTA IN-GAME THREAD!!!!***

I’ve tried to stay away from the Pitino bashing but you’re right.

This is a horribly coached team and it appear last year was a fluke. This is just plain bad basketball and Pitino has to take the majority of the blame.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He is a coach who needs a good roster to hide his deficiencies.
So far in his minnesota career he’s only been able to have a good roster 1 time (which is on him).

If next year is not a tourney year I’ll be ready to start looking. This year I am frustrated with him but I understand there are a lot of things beyond his control.

Now we’re on the Miles bandwagon again?? What about the past few years? They were utterly terrible last year. I’d say he seems quite similar to Pitino.

Don’t think he was complimenting miles.

I'm starting to think this is a big part of the problem. There's no way Nebraska should be better than us. But they are. It's not hard to pinpoint why.

I’m of the opinion it’s the players fault - we are late to rotatations ( usually by starters) it seems they are taking plays off on defense (unlike last year) and many times it’s the leaders of the team in mason and Murphy - last year they had springs to kick them in the butt - where does that leadership come from this year?

Tired legs on our guys. That has little to do with coaching, but it speaks to the lack of bench help, which is a recruiting issue. We have to hope next year's incoming freshmen help alleviate this problem.
This year our bench is too short.

Not sure how you reach that conclusion. He has been big on Miles in the past, so it’s quite logical.

He basically said Nebraska is awful how are we worse than them. Backhanded compliment at best.

Now we’re on the Miles bandwagon again?? What about the past few years? They were utterly terrible last year. I’d say he seems quite similar to Pitino.

Not on the bandwagon per se. Miles is a good coach who hasn't gotten good talent to Nebraska. Not sure how much better talent he would get to come to MN. Pitino appears to be the reverse.

Mason is awful at everything in basketball that doesn’t involve the basketball.

and down goes Murphy...what a season. Unreal.

Playing Mason as much as he has today is as big a sin as playing Konate. He just kills us when he is off, which is way too often. A chance to cut it under 10, he misses a FT and takes a ridiculous 3 pointer in transition.

Playing Mason as much as he has today is as big a sin as playing Konate. He just kills us when he is off, which is way too often. A chance to cut it under 10, he misses a FT and takes a ridiculous 3 pointer in transition.

Yeah. Now that season is done I think Washington should be agetting a lot of fun when Mason is playing horribly.

Terrible decision by Mason to launch that shot. Result is predictable. Immature for a senior.

Appears Murphy is at least out for the game and probably the next one.

Sing it..."If it weren't for bad luck we'd have no luck at all. Gloom, despair and agony on me."

Sing it..."If it weren't for bad luck we'd have no luck at all. Gloom, despair and agony on me."

The Gophers have had to absorb all of the bad MN sports vibes that normally go to the Vikings plus their own. A double helping.

Fitzgerald cannot play defense - the dude had two years to get stronger

Has anyone reached out Wozniak? Please.

I've wondered this. In all seriousness, how much worse could Woz be than BK? He's athletic, only an inch or two shorter, and I gotta believe he has better hands.

I've wondered this. In all seriousness, how much worse could Woz be than BK? He's athletic, only an inch or two shorter, and I gotta believe he has better hands.

Have you ever watched him play football?
Because he might be the only person at the u of m with worse hands

We’ve scored 9 points in 12 minutes...

Good on Murphy to fight back and want to come back in. It would have been tempting to sit and watch the rest of this debacle from the bench with some ice on the ankle.

The “big” guys on this roster, other than Murph (& Lynch) are, plain and simple, not B1G quality players. WHY are they on scholarship at Minnesota?

Seriously bench Mason and play IW the rest of the game. This is ridiculous.

Good thing Pitino is a great recruiter, otherwise we would have a depth problem.

Top Bottom