***OFFICIAL OHIO ST "AT" MINNESOTA IN-GAME THREAD!!!!***

Have you ever watched him play football?
Because he might be the only person at the u of m with worse hands

I'm not saying he has great hands, even for a big guy. But honestly at this point I don't know if Pitino has anything to lose by asking him to come to practice and seeing how he looks.

I'm not saying he has great hands, even for a big guy. But honestly at this point I don't know if Pitino has anything to lose by asking him to come to practice and seeing how he looks.

Except his dignity.

The “big” guys on this roster, other than Murph (& Lynch) are, plain and simple, not B1G quality players. WHY are they on scholarship at Minnesota?

Recap: pitino late to recruiting that year finds two African players that nobody else is recruiting in Europe . Desperate to get some size on the roster he takes a chance on them - they both are totally happy to get a 4 year American educational are model teammates, they just don’t have any natual ability to play basketball.

I can’t believe Pitino won’t put Washington in this game in NYC at this point. Ridiculous.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Recap: pitino late to recruiting that year finds two African players that nobody else is recruiting in Europe . Desperate to get some size on the roster he takes a chance on them - they both are totally happy to get a 4 year American educational are model teammates, they just don’t have any natual ability to play basketball.

One or the other was understandable. Taking them both and hoping one would pan out was the mistake.

At least the Gophers hustle to pick a teammate off the floor, much more than they do on defense or after loose balls. I guess that’s something.

Recap: pitino late to recruiting that year finds two African players that nobody else is recruiting in Europe . Desperate to get some size on the roster he takes a chance on them - they both are totally happy to get a 4 year American educational are model teammates, they just don’t have any natual ability to play basketball.[/QUOTE

Thanks, I appreciate this.... I’m more of a football & hockey follower... I thought THEY were frustrating.

Four straight missed FT's. Can we make it 6?

The worst thing about it is it’s the third game in a week and they’ve been on the road since last week - btn did the no favors

***OFFICIAL OHIO ST "AT" MINNESOTA IN-GAME THREAD!!!!***

Definitely think Pitino can recruit, but in game coaching, I don’t know. The team does so much stupid stuff every game. When we have no bench and players are tired, why are we jacking up so many early 3s. Moving screens. No zone defense. Still can defend 3s. Lazy passes.
Has hurt played at all today?
At this point put in jelly. His legs are fresh and he’ll at least drive on offense.

We have no idea why he is sitting though. If he knows why he is sitting is it a lot different than just sitting him.

He's not being disciplined. He's playing, but only like 3 minutes per game. I'd think you'd want to get him some experience for next year rather than grinding Mason for 40 minutes in a 20 point game.

He's not being disciplined. He's playing, but only like 3 minutes per game. I'd think you'd want to get him some experience for next year rather than grinding Mason for 40 minutes in a 20 point game.
How do you know he is not being disciplined? He is clearly not being played because he is or isn’t doing something the coach wants him to do. Is that not discipline?

I’d like to see him get 20 minutes per game or more the rest of the year too.

I feel like they’ve had a number of impressive FG-less streaks today.

Glad that the two bigs played 36 minutes today. If we had played small we might have lost.

How do you know he is not being disciplined? He is clearly not being played because he is or isn’t doing something the coach wants him to do. Is that not discipline?

I’d like to see him get 20 minutes per game or more the rest of the year too.

When you say discipline, I take that as being punished for some off-court issue. I know he's struggling. But so is Mason who's also logged close to 150 minutes in the last 8 days.

When you say discipline, I take that as being punished for some off-court issue.

Could be for that, could be for on court, could be for bad effort at practice. We have no idea. I’m sure there is a reason he isn’t playing...because he is one of our few bench players who is athletic enough not to be destroyed out there.

And I didn’t say discipline. You did first.

I sure hope some other school doesn’t come after Pitino.

Bench contributed a whopping 3 points.

I sure hope some other school doesn’t come after Pitino.

Me too! He was in such demand when that All World AD Norwood Teague hired him. But with all his experience it’s easy to see why he hired him. [emoji23]

Me too! He was in such demand when that All World AD Norwood Teague hired him. But with all his experience it’s easy to see why he hired him. [emoji23]

This program is the true sleeping beast, hopefully Pitino is "stolen" away this offseason.

The only way Richie should sniff another year is if he goes 5-4 over these last 9 games.

Top Bottom