Doogie: Signs point to Ed Warinner leaving Gophers; TC not likely to get DB job

I don't disagree, but word had it Ed wanted out at Ohio St.... not quite the same but I still agree with your main point.

How do we know he doesn't want out of MN? Maybe he doesn't like working for Fleck?

What did you mean then, by not quite the same?

Compared to the idea of him being poached otherwise. How true it is I don't know, but based on what was presented in the comment they weren't quite equivalent.

Fleck's already blown-out one Assistant Coach this month, if he gets Warinner to quit that opens-up another scholarship right? Isn't that what people are cheering for? ;)

It's being reported that he'll be an offensive analyst at Michigan. Seems like another demotion? Odd.

Compared to the idea of him being poached otherwise. How true it is I don't know, but based on what was presented in the comment they weren't quite equivalent.

Definitely makes sense, thanks.

It's being reported that he'll be an offensive analyst at Michigan. Seems like another demotion? Odd.

That would be very strange. Jimmy must be waiting for NSD to fully shuffle his coaching staff.
Figured he would be here for a year, but was hoping for two. Didn't think he would end up in the B1G.

It seems like there are two categories of assistant coaches at MN:

1. assistant coaches "we" hate because they suck at their job.

2. assistant coaches who are so good they get poached by big-money programs.

My thoughts: if another school wants to hire one of your coaches, they must be doing something right. And in today's world, money trumps loyalty more often than not. Especially for two assistant coaches who were not with Fleck at WMU. They were with the Gophers for one year. So, it's not like they are being disloyal to the Gophers or Fleck. More power to them.

The real question is whether the newly-hired coaches can replace what the departed coaches did as coaches and recruiters.

This program has taken so many dick shots it’s unreal no stability is not a good thing..

Just checked Warriner's Twitter account.
States he's with University of Michigan -- has photo of their practice facility @ top of his page.

What Ed did with the Gophers O line last season was truly remarkable, considering what he had to work with. Big loss.

We need an oline coach that will find some guys with some "nasty" to them.

That would majorly suck!! On top of that, I've heard Benhart is a long, long shot to come to the U no matter who the OL coach is. That'd be the top 2 recruits in the state (both OL too) if Quinn doesn't come.:cry:

And I heard that some day we are all going to die. Let's have funerals for everyone now while we mourn what hasn't happened yet because the reliable bug-eyed Doogie has predicted it.

What Ed did with the Gophers O line last season was truly remarkable, considering what he had to work with. Big loss.

It was? Our OL hasn't been very good for the last several years.

Brian Callahan was with Fleck all 4 years at Western Michigan and produced several NFL offensive lineman. We'll be just fine at that position.

We need an oline coach that will find some guys with some "nasty" to them.

IALTO. I still remember everyone getting on their knees on this site over Bart Miller. Position coaches.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It was? Our OL hasn't been very good for the last several years.

Brian Callahan was with Fleck all 4 years at Western Michigan and produced several NFL offensive lineman. We'll be just fine at that position.

I'll stick with this quote.

Warinner must have wanted out pretty bad? He takes a non-field analyst coaching position at Michigan. That has to be for less money? He was at Ohio St for a long time...Michigan is swamp water to Ohio St...his kid is a freshman at Michigan State, their other hated rival. What’s in his head? Not coaching kids by rule but being involved and close enough to do so would seem like self induced torture? Doesn’t line up well losing your top two recruiters and most decorated coach, especially just because he wanted out.

In the Fleck TV series there was a quote from Ed saying that after meeting PJ he said something "I want to coach with that guy".... but apparently not after a year and even then ... not coach at all.

PJ might be a great salesman but there is the reality of working with him. PJ's system can work, but it require attracting and keeping the right people, I personally couldn't work for him.

Remarkable? Their run blocking was G-d awful!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PJ might be a great salesman but there is the reality of working with him. PJ's system can work, but it require attracting and keeping the right people, I personally couldn't work for him.

Don't worry Mike --- I'm sure he would never have any interest in hiring you. Thanks for putting our minds at ease wondering if you were a good fit.

Hopefully Warinner realizes what type a guy Harbaugh is.

Warinner must have wanted out pretty bad? He takes a non-field analyst coaching position at Michigan. That has to be for less money? He was at Ohio St for a long time...Michigan is swamp water to Ohio St...his kid is a freshman at Michigan State, their other hated rival. What’s in his head? Not coaching kids by rule but being involved and close enough to do so would seem like self induced torture? Doesn’t line up well losing your top two recruiters and most decorated coach, especially just because he wanted out.

Since this is Harbaugh's last year at Michigan, Warinner is angling for the NFL along with him.

Offensive line coaching = vastly overrated.

Me (never have coached O-line) coaching Michigan/tOSU O-line vs. Warinner coaching MN's O-line.

My line > Warriner's line.

Offensive line coaching = vastly overrated.

Me (never have coached O-line) coaching Michigan/tOSU O-line vs. Warinner coaching MN's O-line.

My line > Warriner's line.

I disagree that is is very overrated. I do think it is a little overrated. If you can communicate and teach the schemes your resume doesn’t really matter. I think his Ohio recruiting connections are harder to replace than his schematics and technique knowledge.

Top Bottom