TC interviewing for DB position

Here's the tweet. Interesting strategy tweeting this out. I have to imagine that Fleck has made his decision to hire TC already, otherwise him interviewing and not getting it would be a bit awkward.

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Go Gophers!!

Here's the tweet. Interesting strategy tweeting this out. I have to imagine that Fleck has made his decision to hire TC already, otherwise him interviewing and not getting it would be a bit awkward.

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Go Gophers!!

Really think he is going to get the job? Not even one of the buzz words in his tweet. Not even the obligatory 'elite'.

Has to start some where. My question is...would he be a good recruiter? That seems to be a question for all staff members I believe.

He'd probably be a fantastic recruiter. Not sure about his coaching ability but he certainly is connected with a lot of young players.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Has to start some where. My question is...would he be a good recruiter? That seems to be a question for all staff members I believe.

Yeah, I can't see this happening at all. No recruiting experience, few ties (that I know of anyway) to high schools in other areas of the country, and no coaching experience. Obviously has the playing pedigree, but that doesn't necessarily translate. Guess we'll see, but I agree with the poster above who said this isn't likely to end well...

Go Gophers!!
you’re one step ahead of me. I couldn’t figure out how to get the twitter on here.

Yeah, I can't see this happening at all. No recruiting experience, few ties (that I know of anyway) to high schools in other areas of the country, and no coaching experience. Obviously has the playing pedigree, but that doesn't necessarily translate. Guess we'll see, but I agree with the poster above who said this isn't likely to end well...

I will be delighted if TC coaches here. I'm pretty sure he can be a good recruiter as why would kids not want to learn from someone so accomplished at the position.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Giving TC benefit of any doubt, I think he'd be an outstanding recruiter.
Numerous awards, connections to Florida, and a player who was successful with limited resources compared to what players at the U have now. I wish him the best of luck.

Who announces publicly that they are interviewing for a coaching job? It's weird.

Assumed this was Tracy Claeys from the thread title. Now that would’ve been interesting.

I'm pretty sure he isn't actually interviewing. I took the tweet as he is ready to interview if he gets the chance not that he actually has a interview set. I believe the tweet is more to draw attention to himself and make sure everybody knows he wants the job. I can't imagine things are gonna go over well when somebody else is actually named DB coach.

Oh, what the H, I'm ready to interview too.

So is he bringing his Jim Thorpe and 2 Vince Lombardi Trophies to the job interview?

I would have preferred he not publicly announce this. I know TC is full of enthusiasm and has love for the U but he has no college coaching experience. For all we know this could just be a courteous interview since he is former Letterman and has ties to local kids. Hopefully in the future he learns not to tweet stuff like this out to avoid public scrutiny and to avoid any awkwardness. Good luck to him, one thing he does have is passion for the Gophers.

Sent from my SM-J327P using Tapatalk

Go Gophers!!

Picture looks like it was taken in the 1970's. TC needs a new camera.

Why not Tyrone Carter!

Picture looks like it was taken in the 1970's. TC needs a new camera.

Why not Tyrone Carter as DB coach! He is one of the greatest Gopher football players of all time. He loves the University of Minnesota and loves our football program. Mike Sherels didn't have coaching experience when he was hired a few years ago. He proved to be a very successful hire. I think Tyrone Carter can be too.

Why not Tyrone Carter as DB coach! He is one of the greatest Gopher football players of all time. He loves the University of Minnesota and loves our football program. Mike Sherels didn't have coaching experience when he was hired a few years ago. He proved to be a very successful hire. I think Tyrone Carter can be too.

Well Mike worked his way INTO coaching as a graduate assistant. That's a bit more typical than just SUDDENLY COACH.

I would have preferred he not publicly announce this. I know TC is full of enthusiasm and has love for the U but he has no college coaching experience. For all we know this could just be a courteous interview since he is former Letterman and has ties to local kids. Hopefully in the future he learns not to tweet stuff like this out to avoid public scrutiny and to avoid any awkwardness. Good luck to him, one thing he does have is passion for the Gophers.

Sent from my SM-J327P using Tapatalk

What makes you think TC cares about being scrutinized publicly or that he would feel awkward. He doesn't strike me as someone who would care at all if people don't like his choices.

For sure! Then maybe he can afford a new camera. :cool02:

Have you ever heard him talk or read his tweets? This is a hard pass for me.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Coaching experience for position coaches is overblown for some positions. These guys go from coaching one position to another often. If Fleck hires him, I will trust what Fleck is doing. TC trains athletes. played 10 years at the highest level and has an interest in coaching. I think he is qualified.

However, by the post I think he is just campaigning for an interview.

Coaching experience for position coaches is overblown for some positions. These guys go from coaching one position to another often. If Fleck hires him, I will trust what Fleck is doing. TC trains athletes. played 10 years at the highest level and has an interest in coaching. I think he is qualified.

However, by the post I think he is just campaigning for an interview.

He is one of my favorite Gopher players of all time and he would probably be a great coach here. I just don't see him fitting in with PJ. I will be amazed if it happens.

Top Bottom