TC interviewing for DB position

Just noting the obvious and big differences between Mike's career and making TC a coach at this point. It's a fact, not a happiness thing.

Exactly, if this is a "dream job" for him, maybe he should have been working on positioning himself for the past few years (either with a different team or as a graduate assistant.). This is the path Jim Leonhard took at UW where he went from a player to a DB coach. Has Tyrone been grinding film with Rob Smith?

In February 2016, Leonard joined Paul Chryst's staff at his alma mater as defensive backs coach.[11][12] In his year off between retiring from the NFL and being named DB coach for the Badgers Leonhard spent his time studying college film with then-Wisconsin Defensive Coordinator Dave Aranda and familiarizing himself with schemes that exist in college football that aren't prevalent in the NFL, such as the zone-read option offense. Prior to UW DB coach Daronte Jones leaving UW for an assistant coaching position with the Dolphins Leonhard had been asking Paul Chryst about joining the Badgers staff.[13]

I don't know if this would be a good hire or not, I think an argument could be made both ways. This just doesnt feel like a Fleck kind of hire to me. I don't think this has any chance to develop.

I thought he was a volunteer assistant or something like in the early Kill days...

However

He put the name of the cheerleader from the disaster last year on Twitter. There is no way him being hired (or even interviewed) wouldn't be met with social media outrage. And that's all that's needed these days for admins to cower.

No chance he sniffs this job, deserved or not.

I thought he was a volunteer assistant or something like in the early Kill days...

However

He put the name of the cheerleader from the disaster last year on Twitter. There is no way him being hired (or even interviewed) wouldn't be met with social media outrage. And that's all that's needed these days for admins to cower.

he's done more than just that too. He's added lots of drama to the program unnecessarily. I would not support his hire at all.

Make him a defensive analyst or recruiting assistant or something. Let him earn a spot as a defensive backs coach.

Has to start some where. My question is...would he be a good recruiter? That seems to be a question for all staff members I believe.

Pompano Beach and South Florida is Gopher country...

However

Ho snap that's right.

I'd be very wary (at best) of hiring a guy like that... terrible decision on his part.

Ho snap that's right.

I'd be very wary (at best) of hiring a guy like that... terrible decision on his part.
Yes. Forgot about this. Coyle could never let him have the job (and rightly so).

Sent from my RS988 using Tapatalk

he's done more than just that too. He's added lots of drama to the program unnecessarily. I would not support his hire at all.

This. They would be foolish to hire him.

This. They would be foolish to hire him.

Would be a terrible hire. Get someone that has Georgia connections. You can bet your bottom dollar that Jimbo hired Mo because of his recruiting in Georgia. Georgia has way to many athletes for us not to be involved. TC should have thought about being a GA instead of jumping into a coaching position. Looks to me like he thinks he is "entitled" to the position. Sad

Is he humble enough to work for anyone? His twitter account leaves me with the impression TC carries his own water, not his employers or anyone else.

Answer to Not Minnesota Nice

Have you ever heard him talk or read his tweets? This is a hard pass for me.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Sir: I have met Tyrone Carter. I don't have a twitter account or want one. Tyrone Carter communicates his thoughts very well on his regular radio segment along with Ron Johnson on KFAN. I have never heard what your qualifications are for critiquing his interviews. Please fill us in NotsoMinnesotaNice.

Sir: I have met Tyrone Carter. I don't have a twitter account or want one. Tyrone Carter communicates his thoughts very well on his regular radio segment along with Ron Johnson on KFAN. I have never heard what your qualifications are for critiquing his interviews. Please fill us in NotsoMinnesotaNice.
Uffda.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

So is he bringing his Jim Thorpe and 2 Vince Lombardi Trophies to the job interview?

My question is does each player of a SB winning team get their own Lombardi Trophy to keep? Perhaps he just borrowed them from the Steelers and brought them back.

Pompano Beach and South Florida is Gopher country...

I would prefer TC have connections to the Tampa/Gulf Coast side of the state. People have closer to Midwestern values imo and would have an easier time adjusting to life in Minneapolis.

I just realized that I'm blocked by him on twitter for some reason. We went back and forth awhile back when he was ripping on Fleck but it wasn't anything really bad. It appears more and more like he never actually had an interview scheduled, just that he was ready for one.

I can't even believe some people think this could happen, or would be a good hire. Have you saw what he does on twitter? Guy can't even handle himself, I don't care how good of a player he was. With all of the negative press the U has received we don't need to put someone on staff that is going to be spouting their mouth on twitter.

Odds on a Twitter tantrum when they announce someone else with or without giving him an interview?

I lost a lot of respect for him during the whole trophy/Fleck tirade. Fleck told his nephew the only way to guarantee a spot is to commit, and all hell broke loose with TC. How do you think he's going to handle some real adversity, which is inevitable at this University?

Yeah, let's get him on the staff and teach all the DBs how to read a QBs cues, and how to spout of on Twitter when they don't get their way.

I wouldn't make him a coach, but instead make him an honorary advisor, and bring him in to give a talk to the team from time to time. It's great to have alumni be around and support the team.

I wouldn't make him a coach, but instead make him an honorary advisor, and bring him in to give a talk to the team from time to time. It's great to have alumni be around and support the team.

With a side conversation about staying off the twitter when he is mad.... or not mad...

Top Bottom