***OFFICIAL MINNESOTA AT MARYLAND IN-GAME THREAD!!!!***

Murphy showing tonight why he is not quite yet NBA-ready. He is getting eaten alive inside by the Maryland trees. He just can’t score. He’s going to need an outside game as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Konate is Aleu Kane 2.0
Looks like an All-American, Plays like it’s his first time on a court. Hard to imagine someone getting so little out of so many career minutes.

There's no reason Hurt can't do things like that more often.

Hurt's aggressive and he scores and draws an and 1. Why why why is he so hesitant to assert himself on offense.

So Heurter shot up an alley oop and it appeared to me to go in with the other Maryland player's hand on the rim. Looked like goal tending..

Without Lynch we have no rim protection. He covered up a lot of defensive flaws. Neither Konate or Diedhou do enough on the defensive end to make up for their inept offensive skills. So where do we find some offense besides Murphy and Mason?

What is stopping Hurt from being Huerter like?

Did Harris get hurt too or are they confused?

If Gaston and Bakary had four more years of eligibility, would they become legitimate Big Ten centers?

I think this is garbage time now. Let the lesser players play more for confidence in future games. We have no chance against OSU.

Washington has had several drives to the hoop that looked good but he just can’t finish. He really seems to lack touch-both outside and inside.

What’s the over/under for Maryland alley oops — 10? I’ll take the over. This is disheartening.

For whatever reason the Gophers stop playing any D whatsoever

Seems as though our second line players (Hurt, Fitzgerald, Harris) spend all their time camped at the arc line instead of ever cutting or driving to the basket. Then they’re never in position to go to the boards. Too often we take outside shots and have no one crashing boards. And there are a lot of rebounds. If you’re having trouble shooting, at least get to the line.

Seems as though our second line players (Hurt, Fitzgerald, Harris) spend all their time camped at the arc line instead of ever cutting or driving to the basket. Then they’re never in position to go to the boards. Too often we take outside shots and have no one crashing boards. And there are a lot of rebounds. If you’re having trouble shooting, at least get to the line.

They probably figure that they'll get stripped or have their shots blocked if they do. They should look to Washington for inspiration. He doesn't care. He's like the Honey Badger.

They probably figure that they'll get stripped or have their shots blocked if they do. They should look to Washington for inspiration. He doesn't care. He's like the Honey Badger.
But unfortunately he has been finishing like Honey Boo-Boo

But unfortunately he has been finishing like Honey Boo-Boo

Sure, but he doesn't care. I wish Fitz and Hurt had a little of that because they probably could finish better.

Washington is at his best when he drives and has someone to dish to — not necessarily throwing up his playground shots and hoping they go in. For next year, he really needs to work on his jumper to be a threat.

You'd think by now the team would know to never throw the ball to Konate unless there is no one within 5 feet of him.

Sure, but he doesn't care. I wish Fitz and Hurt had a little of that because they probably could finish better.
Agree No fear is good. The shots will come in time, I'm sure.

Top Bottom