How loud was it down on the field?

GophenGolder

Badger Convert
Reaction score
I was pretty high up in the second deck in the student section, out of the way of most of the crowd noise. What was the volume like down closer to the field?

I was pretty high up in the second deck in the student section, out of the way of most of the crowd noise. What was the volume like down closer to the field?

Down in the front of 135 I can tell you that the MINNESOTA spellout was the loudest I've heard since that fateful night in October of '03. The band seemed pretty quiet from my corner, and the roar of the crowd on big plays sounded about like it did in the Dome to me.

Agree on M-I-N-N-E-S-O-T-A

Not sure which one but one of the Rowsers ended with the Minnesota spelling as loud as I can remember.

Not to get too far ahead but the thought of Cal and then eventually Bucky coming to town is really going to be great to yell for.

Go Gophers! Beat Cal!

im in the first row lower deck, and it was super loud. and not from piped in music but from people cheering.

One of the only drawbacks of not amplifying the band is that when it got really loud in there, like after the Tripplet TD, the Band was almost too quiet to hear up in 246 where we were.
The scoreboard was also much quieter last night then it was for the preview in August as well...

Fine tuning the sound

One of the only drawbacks of not amplifying the band is that when it got really loud in there, like after the Tripplet TD, the Band was almost too quiet to hear up in 246 where we were.
The scoreboard was also much quieter last night then it was for the preview in August as well...

I've got to believe that the sound will be much improved for the second and even better for game three. A large concrete and plastic bowl has sound and vibration qualities then the exact same structure filled with 50,000 units made mostly of water, and those mostly covered with sound deadening clothes. The first attempt has to be a good guess, but the following games now have a true baseline from which the sound can be refined. Perhap someone with more sound experience can elaborate.

Top Bottom