Grand Forks Herald: UND football adds Minnesota Gophers transfer linebacker

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per the Grand Forks Herald:

In a 2017 UND football season full of injuries, the inside linebacker position was perhaps the hardest hit.

On Tuesday, the Fighting Hawks received a shot in the arm to solidify that spot in 2018.

Minnesota Gophers inside linebacker Everett Williams will graduate transfer to UND and play his final season in Grand Forks.

The 6-foot-1, 244-pound Williams, of Mansfield, Texas, spent four seasons with the Gophers and graduated this past December with a degree in agricultural and food business management.

"I really want to perform well for the team and go out with a bang," said Williams, a two-time all-Big Ten Academic pick who plans to pursue a master's degree in business.

A key connection to UND for Williams was Fighting Hawks assistant coach Shawn Kostich, a former graduate assistant with the Gophers when the school was recruiting Williams.

Williams is the second Gophers transfer now on the UND roster. Running back James Johannesson, a Fargo native who ran for 248 yards and four touchdowns last season, also transferred to Grand Forks from Minneapolis.

http://www.grandforksherald.com/spo...ll-adds-minnesota-gophers-transfer-linebacker

Go Gophers!!

He should have a monster year for them

I thought he had a chance to be a player with our favorite squad, it didn't work out. Good for him getting his degree and I wish him the best of luck!

Williams may end up being the greatest LB in UND history.

And then next fall, countless posters will tell us why we should have kept him.

Top Bottom