Jamir Harris

howeda7

Reaction score
Yes. Now for IW and Hurt to have similar games.

This game reminds me of how Curry came in and dominated in overtime against Purdue last year. Huge game for the freshman.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

The team looks better with him in the lineup. He plays smarter than IW right now and he plays defense.
Also once we have a big man, other than Murphy who can finish, the offense will look better.

let's not like he played well all game. he was 1-7 during regulation. people would have ate IW alive if he posted those numbers this game.

Yes, because Washington would have been 2 of 14 with the same amount of minutes.

let's not like he played well all game. he was 1-7 during regulation. people would have ate IW alive if he posted those numbers this game.

Yes, because Washington would have been 2 of 14 with the same amount of minutes.

still have to like how Harris performed in OT and have to think he secured a place in our rotation going forward

still have to like how Harris performed in OT and have to think he secured a place in our rotation going forward

A couple of those were end of shot clock I believe.

However, I agree, right before he went off I was thinking "god he is just standing there doing nothing for us" on both offense and defense.

Then he did something.

As a Freshman, I think half of it is believing you can compete at this level. Hopefully he believes it now.

Great to see him make so many shots. The big 3 MMM boys need some help scoring. I thought he played decent outside of his scoring, too, although he had some defensive lapses. Washington has hardly any minutes. Not a good sign for him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great to see him make so many shots. The big 3 MMM boys need some help scoring. I thought he played decent outside of his scoring, too, although he had some defensive lapses. Washington has hardly any minutes. Not a good sign for him.

Agree with Washington...the big thing for him is not turning the ball over. He can't seem to stay out of turnover trouble lately. He had long stretches to prove himself the last two games before tonight and did little to impress. Really hope he can regain some confidence.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I think the chances of IW transferring are increasing by the game. That would be a shame. And bode very poorly for next season.

Harris looked good/confident. Had a really nice drive and finish in OT. Didn’t settle for a contested 3.

Helped space the floor for Murphy. Teams have a scouting report on Harris and really hesitate to double off of him. Bodes well when it seems like no one can guard Murph 1 on 1

This is a false narrative. Stop perpetuating BS rumors with no substance behind them.

Never said it was a rumor. But when you have a freshman 1,000 miles from home who thinks he's not getting enough playing time, it's not an unreasonable concern.

I think the chances of IW transferring are increasing by the game. That would be a shame. And bode very poorly for next season.

This is a false narrative. Stop perpetuating BS rumors with no substance behind them.

Harris was impressive. Gotta hold my hands up and say I wasn't sure where he would fit in but if he can shoot like that i'm sure they'll find a way. Character win for some of those upperclassmen.

Do you still think Harris transfers?
What about hurt?

Not everyone who doesn’t play automatically transfers

IW is not transferring. He's got the PG spot locked up unless we fill the last scholarship with a PG

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

At this point I think I'd rather have Dupree play the point next year with Harris starting.

PG: Dupree
SG: Harris
SF: Coffey
PF: Murphy
C: Curry/Stockman

IW is not transferring. He's got the PG spot locked up unless we fill the last scholarship with a PG

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Washington will get over the hump and we'll be fine. Not so sure about the negative Gopher holers though.

IW is a freshman. Playing perhaps the toughest position in the game, behind one of the best players in the Big 10. No surprise that he has struggled. Sure, Nate looked very competent as a freshman, but Nate has always been able to knock down shots, which just opens the game for a young player. IW hasn't found his shot yet. It should come this offseason for sure.

Do you still think Harris transfers?
What about hurt?

Not everyone who doesn’t play automatically transfers

No of course not. But the combination of being buried on the bench and far away from home is a bad combo. As I said, I hope IW has a breakout game just like Harris did tonight soon. But I think this may have been his season low in minutes.

IW has immense potential but he has to willing to change his game to fit this level. His shots will start falling from 3 pt range. But he has to learn when to pull up and shoot a 6 footer or dish. Then when he goes all the way to the bucket - he's got to draw contact and get to the line. The whirling dervish shots just are not going to cut it. Every once in a while he just needs to soar in and dunk it. He can dunk can't he...?

Anyway, I think he can be a great, not just good player here.

IF IW transfers, and I don’t think he will for the obvious reason of where else is he gonna get a chance to lead a very nice B1G 10 team? If he leaves, the team has a huge selling point to a late guard fall recruit and/or a senior transfer that would like that role.

IW needs to be cool with dishing and running the break until he finds the shot. Unfortunately right now only Murphy is worth dishing to down low and he’s always collecting rebounds so he’s rarely available in transition.

Is Jamir expected to start the next game? Was his start today expected?

Would be inexplicable if he didn't. He played well and this line-up worked much better than with Hurt. Unless Maryland has a much bigger line-up than I think, the same 5 will start.

IW has TONS of potential. So does Harris. But I think IW has more. And neither are going to transfer. Mason graduates, you all remember that, right??? There is going to be a ton of playing time available for decent gaurds next season.

Murphy, Coffey, Curry and McBrayer are going to need guards to feed them the ball.

Is Jamir expected to start the next game? Was his start today expected?

Would be inexplicable if he didn't. He played well and this line-up worked much better than with Hurt. Unless Maryland has a much bigger line-up than I think, the same 5 will start.

No, Maryland in general has a small lineup by Big 10 standards. They have two big men. One is a vet (senior I think) and one is a freshman but he is big, athletic, and has appeared as a first rounder in some draft boards. The forward who torched us last year is hurt (possibly for the season).

IW has immense potential but he has to willing to change his game to fit this level. His shots will start falling from 3 pt range. But he has to learn when to pull up and shoot a 6 footer or dish. Then when he goes all the way to the bucket - he's got to draw contact and get to the line. The whirling dervish shots just are not going to cut it. Every once in a while he just needs to soar in and dunk it. He can dunk can't he...?

Anyway, I think he can be a great, not just good player here.

Very well said.

Jamir + Amir. We might be in business. 10-8 in B1G gets us in or 9-9 and some tourney work. Not out of the question yet.

Top Bottom