Coach Mo to Texas A&M

Johnnyboy18

Reaction score
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Biggest loss of the offseason.

It seems like a lot of assistants are always looking to move up. He has been to a number of places in a relatively short time. Now you can add Texas A & M I really don't know much about him as far as his contributions to Minnesota.

Coaching Experience
2017-present: Minnesota - Defensive Backs
2016: Mississippi State - Safeties
2015: Iowa State - Defensive Passing Game Coordinator
2014: Iowa State - Defensive Backs
2013: Buffalo - Defensive Passing Game Coordinator
2012: Buffalo - Defensive Backs
2009-11: James Madison - Safeties
2008: Valdosta State - Defensive Backs / Special Teams
2007: Baylor - Graduate Assistant / Safeties

When PJ hired them Warinner was at OSU and Linguist was at Mississippi State. Hopefully he can grab a coach out of a big SEC program to make up for the loss in GA.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

this sucks the most for the kids who he built a relationship with and then bailed on.

How much more does a SEC Secondary Coach make than a B1G Assistant Coach?

It would be nice if coaches would stick around for _at least_ two years, but I get it. It's a cutthroat business and you gotta move up when you have the chance. He seemed like an up-and-coming coach.

There is something wrong when players are locked in for 4 years and not paid, but coaches can move on for large pay increases every year without having to sit out a year.

It would be nice to add 1-2 assistants that are alums and loyal to the U. I assume Sherels is still not able to coach for health reasons. Could Tyrone Carter be an option? We need someone that can continue to recruit Georgia for us.

Saying good bye is an under rated skill in culture building. It is essentially just as important as saying hello. The student athletes have already noticed with their teammates that people come and people go...but life goes on. It is all part of this thing we all call life. Tough discussions for breakfast, lunch dinner and desert. Be strong. It is merely another opportunity. This group of players who are Juniors and above have had to say a lot of good byes to players and many, many coaches. Be strong. Be brave. Learn to accept parts of the elite atmosphere changing from year to year. Not one person...not any coach is the center of the culture building experience. There may be many lessons to be learned. Fear not: 90% of what the head coach does is not related to football. Besides that, the culture is only starting it's first year. What happens is meant to be.

Good thing everybody signed early. More bad news from Dinkytown.

Yeah...Coyle undoubtedly will take credit for forcing this change in personnel.... No doubt he probably caused Coyle to fall and break his leg....

Seriously though, they obviously have been working on this for a while and promoting him to Assistant Head Coach was a counter-offer strategy.... Sorry to see him go, but wish him the best except against the Gophers.

It is too bad we lost Coach Mo. Many assistant coaches aspire for a head coaching job or for more money.

Poaching at the coaching level can sting teams that are trying to move up. Schools like Texas A&M only get richer.

On the bright side, the Gophers have an opportunity to find someone who is a good coach who wants to be here.

There is something wrong when players are locked in for 4 years and not paid, but coaches can move on for large pay increases every year without having to sit out a year.

You're equating two issues that are completely unrelated.

I'm a Tyrone Carter fan as much as the next Gopher fan, but please NO. I'll go on record and say he would be a terrible hire.

Assistant coaches come and go. Being wanted by other schools shows that Fleck is hiring good people, which can do nothing but help when hiring replacements. I'd be more concerned if no other schools ever came knocking for our assistants.

I wonder if we will get a P5 lateral or a MAC promotion?

Iowa State had a decent secondary in a conference that throws a ton....I wonder if their corner backs coach (formerly at Toledo) is tired of Ames already?

He is a defensive coordinator now. It would be wishful thinking for him to come back in the same position much less a d backs only coach.

I'd take him as our DC in a heartbeat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I can’t believe I agree with Wren. Happens in business every day. Teachers do the same thing all the time. Kids (yeah I know these are young adults) are pretty resilient.

Top Bottom