***OFFICIAL MINNESOTA AT PENN STATE IN-GAME THREAD!!!!***

Stan

Reaction score
On the road for three straight Big Ten games is no way to get out of a slump, but here we are. A Minnesota team playing in the state of Pennsylvania this week+ will happen three times this week with the Gophers, Wild and Vikes all playing in the state. Let's get it off to a good start tonight.

GET 'ER DONE PITINO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

On the road for three straight Big Ten games is no way to get out of a slump, but here we are. A Minnesota team playing in the state of Pennsylvania this week+ will happen three times this week with the Gophers, Wild and Vikes all playing in the state. Let's get it off to a good start tonight.

GET 'ER DONE PITINO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's 21 degrees in State College right now. Maybe our players will be invigorated by the warmer weather.

Lace em up and have fun boys. Ya got nothing to lose and everything to gain.

Interesting that Harris is getting the start...See if we can catch magic in a bottle.

This offense just struggles so much. They're perpetually on a 40 point pace.

0/8 on shots inside the arc

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh boy- there's a 7-0 run including a curious possession where Mason passes on an open three, dribbles in, passes on an open free throw, passes to a cutting Hurt- who fumbles. Yipes.

This is still a competent team when Mason and Murphy show up.

Our shooting is up so far in this game: 41%

This posting issue is quite annoying.

That last 10 minute stretch by Murphy is encouraging. PSU can't guard him 1 on 1. He needs to touch it EVERY single time down the floor. If not, that's a mistake.

You cannot bounce a ball his calf when he is cutting and expect him to catch it, that was on Mason!

Wow! Team is actually shooting 50% in this game and the half is almost over.

Here’s the thing. Even if the team plays well on offense, they are so very bad at defense that they will struggle to win, essentially, any games yet this year. They were a bad man D team WITH Coffey and Lynch. Why Pitino continues to stick with man D exclusively now that the players are outmanned is baffling. Bad D before, even worse now. Need to change it up.

Murphy did something that he needs to do- passed out a of a triple team for Mason for a three.

Konate ripped a rebound from a defender. Minnesota Miracle II.

Very encouraged by that half. More of Harris and less of IW is a good thing at this point.

and then to Harris for the three! way to go Murph!

Our bench is only being outscored by a score of 4-6. PSU only played 7 guys in the first half while we played 9.

Murphy looking like himself again. Inside-out game working well.

Gophers are capable, even depleted. Like I just told my former-Mustang daughter, it's not like this is Mounds View playing Woodbury in softball or something.

Man. Reading this thread you would think we didn’t even show up to play. I thought that was a great half for this group. Very encouraged by what I saw.

I don't know why you say that. I think the thread is pretty positive.

Murphy and Mason have clearly given up on the season... [emoji848]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom