Zo Craighton announces he's transferring

He appears to be a Saints fan.... I can understand wanting to get out of town for a while.

I assume this opens up an immediate scholarship for another player to be added to this class?

Well, that's not good news, he played pretty well last season.

Is his scholie spot already accounted for?

The CB position will be young next year and this hurts, but best of luck to Zo.

Zo was going to be in the rotation next year, this is a definite loss.

Wonder why he's transferring. The Dude RS and now he's gonna sit out another year to transfer?

Hope he doesn’t go to Texas A&M

Wonder why he's transferring. The Dude RS and now he's gonna sit out another year to transfer?

Maybe he doesn't want to play for a coach who played a starter late in the 4th quarter of a blowout and that starter tore his ACL and ended his season?

Maybe he doesn't want to play for a coach who played a starter late in the 4th quarter of a blowout and that starter tore his ACL and ended his season?

Don't think "maybe" is the right start to that sentence. Maybe suggests there's some chance that what follows might possibly be true. Maybe if you preceded that with: I don't know anything about sports, but ...

Craighton might be eligible for a medical redshirt season and he could always transfer down a level and play right away.

I really liked the way Craighton was playing this year and thought he had a bright future. It's kind of bizarre that he's choosing to transfer given our depth chart at CB as it's tough to imagine him having a better chance to start/get major playing time at another power 5 school (also kind of tough to imagine another power 5 school taking a CB with his recruiting profile, not being having a standout season to his name, and coming off an ACL), so I would guess his reason for transferring is something other than purely football related (tough to imagine the Gophers would push him out the door for football reasons given their depth chart at CB).

Anyways good look to Zo wherever he ends up, hopefully he can have a healthy/happy end to his career.

I don't want that player on my team either.

I don't think both breaking on the same day is a coincidence. No inside info tho

I think it is coincidence. Zo was here before Mo was, so I guessing there isn't some crazy close bond between the two. Also I'm not sure TAMU would be interested.

Don't think "maybe" is the right start to that sentence. Maybe suggests there's some chance that what follows might possibly be true. Maybe if you preceded that with: I don't know anything about sports, but ...

Yeah, because no player in the history of sports has ever blamed a coach for putting him in a position he didn't think he should be in. But hey, if it makes you feel better to put people down, more power to you, Chief.

Seems more like a kid went home for break and decided not to come back.

Yeah, because no player in the history of sports has ever blamed a coach for putting him in a position he didn't think he should be in. But hey, if it makes you feel better to put people down, more power to you, Chief.

What kid complains about too much playing time in college, other than high draft pick locks?

transfers are a way of life now in D1 college sports. If there were any stigmas about transfers, they no longer exist. Players transfer for all kinds of reason - playing time - coaching changes - homesick - girlfriend issues - could be anything.

so, when a player transfers, it does not necessarily serve as a red flag for the program. this might have nothing to do with the Gopher program. Or it might. I don't know.

transfers are a way of life now in D1 college sports. If there were any stigmas about transfers, they no longer exist. Players transfer for all kinds of reason - playing time - coaching changes - homesick - girlfriend issues - could be anything.

so, when a player transfers, it does not necessarily serve as a red flag for the program. this might have nothing to do with the Gopher program. Or it might. I don't know.

Whew! Thanks for letting us know.

I thought this meant there was something seriously wrong with Coach Fleck and the football program.

I thought this meant there was something seriously wrong with Coach Fleck and the football program.

Well, that's what I thought.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks, smart guy. Just pointing out that usually, when a Gopher player transfers, everyone is wailing and gnashing their teeth. Trying to suggest a different point of view. But if you prefer: OH, NO, ANOTHER TRANSFER. IT'S THE END OF THE WORLD!!!

Thanks, smart guy. Just pointing out that usually, when a Gopher player transfers, everyone is wailing and gnashing their teeth. Trying to suggest a different point of view. But if you prefer: OH, NO, ANOTHER TRANSFER. IT'S THE END OF THE WORLD!!!

You stated something so obvious it didn't need to be said. There are dozens of reasons players transfer. We know. No one was concerned about the state of the football program.

And no one has been overly upset about the recent transfers. People are usually more disappointed if it is a starter or someone that will play significant minutes. Like Craighton would have.

Top Bottom