Dontae Williams

sonnygarcia

Reaction score
can any update anything they've heard about him, I believe he's made some comments about his visit??? ;)

Wasnt asking for a copy-paste... just curious if it was a positive experience for him.

hes enjoying his trip and could see himself playing here. gonna weigh all his options

it seems like it is down to the Gophers and Oregon for both Dontae and Ethan Grant, both 4* RBs, both great gets. I would think it would end up where we will each get one?

Most recruits are here until tonight or tomorrow morning. Then news will start leaking out. Most will take further visits.

I don't have the expectation of getting many committments after the first game of the season, and I can't compare the TCF experience to other D1 college game days because I have never been to any other stadium (other than the dome and now TCF), but there were a couple of moments that were really special last night that I hope left a lasting impression on all of these kids. I thought the honorary captain ceremony was awesome (especially Bud Grant - I hope a local reporter chats with him to find out what was going through his mind then), the Victory March (there had to be thousands of people lining up from McNamara to the stadium), and then Triplett's fumble return turning TCF into absolute bedlam.

Also, even just walking around the plaza area in the open end of the stadium at halftime and looking at the field, the full stands, on a beautiful late summer night - it was really something.

I loved it, and hope Dontae and these other kids saw and felt the same thing - that this place is really special.

I yelled at Williams " Dontae you would look awesome in the maroon and gold!" and he replied, "That's my thinking too!"
I yelled at Allen during the game and said, "Allen be a gopher we need ya!" and his response was, "It's a very strong possibility!"

Take it for what its worth...
Also got waves from Grant, Willis, Huff, and Price...
They seemed impressed I knew who they were and all looked like they were really enjoying the game, and the cheerleaders haha

I yelled at Williams " Dontae you would look awesome in the maroon and gold!" and he replied, "That's my thinking too!"
I yelled at Allen during the game and said, "Allen be a gopher we need ya!" and his response was, "It's a very strong possibility!"

They seemed impressed I knew who they were and all looked like they were really enjoying the game, and the cheerleaders haha

haha nice job. Were they on the field when you yelled at them? I had to admit my ignorance but I have no idea where the recruits watch the game.

Yeah, during the pregame and postgame they were on the field, as well as halftime they went down and into the tunnel with the team. they were sitting in the first couple of rows around the 30-40 home side I saw in the 2nd half...

Where did they sit? Just curious, because I sat in 112 and noticed that about eight rows or so of the lower deck student section were empty when the game started, but then was filled after the first quarter or so.

they were sitting in the first couple of rows around the 30-40 home side I saw in the 2nd half...

I remember looking at those seats during pregame and being surprised such prime seats weren't yet occupied.

Thanks now I know where to look before the Cal game. Now to look up pictures of all the recruits coming for the Cal game.

Top Bottom