Skol Vikings!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Some Day...Maybe

Reaction score
I know there are some Viking haters on this board but how can’t you cheer for this team?

I don’t think I’ve ever seen a more improbable ending. Vikings Super Bowl, Gophers National Championship!

Skol and Shi U Mah!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Coach Fleck Tweeted support for Vikings.

Coney Durr is from Louisiana and is a Saints fan. He was at the game and was talking trash on Twitter.

Skol! The Gophers could use a little of that kind of luck.

Minnesota teams don't win games like that, they lose them. Nice change,

Minnesota teams don't win games like that, they lose them. Nice change,

That was the first thing I said at the end of the game. I'm used to that kind of stuff happening to us.

We've been conditioned to expect the worst like a Pavlovian dog.

Let's hope the Vikes win the big one and that it rubs on the Gophers for some lady luck.

I was extremely pleased to see a MN team delivering a late game dagger to a Drew Brees lead team. There have been too many times MN teams have been on the receiving end.

I was extremely pleased to see a MN team delivering a late game dagger to a Drew Brees lead team. There have been too many times MN teams have been on the receiving end.

Will never forget Brees going like 31-35 500+ yards and like 5 or 6 TDs against the Gophers.

We were streaming the game so there was a slight delay, my son kept wanting to get on his phone to find out what happened and I had to convince him not even though I was pretty sure how the story was going to end because as MN sports fans we have seen this movie many times before.

Still can't believe how that ended. Here's hoping they can keep it rolling so that Marcus Sherels gets a ring. And even though he didn't play here would be pretty sweet to see Thielen get one as well.

Insane ending to that game.

I suspect that ending will be used as a "how not to play safety" lesson for a long time.

Insane ending to that game.

I suspect that ending will be used as a "how not to play safety" lesson for a long time.

I've been thinking the same thing. Being a Gopher football fan, it was reminiscent of so many poor DB plays over the years. I think the biggest on-field improvement for the Gophers since Kill arrived is solid DB play and I hope Fleck's guys can continue that level of play.

I've been thinking the same thing. Being a Gopher football fan, it was reminiscent of so many poor DB plays over the years. I think the biggest on-field improvement for the Gophers since Kill arrived is solid DB play and I hope Fleck's guys can continue that level of play.

Not that it is Jerry's fault at all but the early couple years of the Kill era involved a lot of DBs doing a lot of ... "I'll just throw my body in the vicinity of the guy with the ball and see what happens..." and the WR just sort of side steps them (or doesn't even have to) and they go for another 8 or 10 yards. Oddly enough some of those guys turned out pretty good after a lot of changes and some maturing.

Not that it is Jerry's fault at all but the early couple years of the Kill era involved a lot of DBs doing a lot of ... "I'll just throw my body in the vicinity of the guy with the ball and see what happens..." and the WR just sort of side steps them (or doesn't even have to) and they go for another 8 or 10 yards. Oddly enough some of those guys turned out pretty good after a lot of changes and some maturing.

But at least they were in same area code as the receiver.

One of my funniest memories as a Gopher football fan (and it wasn't funny to CB Bobby Weber) was when Weber drew Kirk Gibson in man coverage against the Spartans way back when. They were showing the highlights on the news and when they showed Gibson turning a simple down-and-out into a 50+ yard touchdown catch/run, he was the only guy in the screen for most of the clip. Weber must have been giving him 15 yards, but Gibson just blew by everybody. Gibson was an awesome athlete. I always wonder how he would have done had he chosen the NFL instead of MLB.

DB play was not a strength in the Salem, Gutekunst, Wacker, Mason, Brewster eras. We had a few good DBs come through the program under those coaches, but there always seemed to be breakdown after breakdown.

It’s as if all of you forgot about how the Vikings treated us as the second class citizens in the dome and took our revenue.

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by God It’s as if all of you forgot about how the Vikings treated us as the second class citizens in the dome and took our revenue.

The Administration at the U signed up for that, and that is what they got.

They damn well better, or they will end up powerless and broke.

It’s as if all of you forgot about how the Vikings treated us as the second class citizens in the dome and took our revenue.

Umm, hate to break it to you but the Gophers were second class citizens in the dome. How many NFC championships did the Vikings play in during their Metrodome years? 4? 5? And how many Rose bowls or B1G Championships have the Gophers been in since 1967? 0!

They sound like second class to the Vikings for sure.

“Get over it” is for the weak. Do you really think the most powerful and wealthy individuals let sh!t go?
Why dwell on things you have no power over? Why be mad about things that happened in the past that you can't change? Move on.

Why dwell on things you have no power over? Why be mad about things that happened in the past that you can't change? Move on.

After going to Gopher and Vikings games with my Dad since the 60's this was the best game I ever attended. We went from heartbreak to elation in 10 seconds ! So many men and women crying and screaming it was insane. Feels like a small piece of our sports woes disappeared.#bringithome !

Have the Vikings benefited or hurt the Goohers?

“Get over it” is for the weak. Do you really think the most powerful and wealthy individuals let sh!t go?

Currently --- with the Elite Palooza thing --- seems as if both Twins and Vikings are helping the Gophers more than hurting them. The professional sports franchises and Fleck's support of them seem to be a portion of selling the Why you should come to live here and play for us recruiting speech.

+50000 All it does is give you a heart condition and high blood pressure. Don't stress over it. Besides IMO this means more young people in MN are watching/playing football. Those kids will growup and might want to play college football at the U someday.

After going to Gopher and Vikings games with my Dad since the 60's this was the best game I ever attended. We went from heartbreak to elation in 10 seconds ! So many men and women crying and screaming it was insane. Feels like a small piece of our sports woes disappeared.#bringithome !

This is great to read. Glad you were there to experience it. In :10, many Minnesotans went back to being kids again (flashback for me was my reaction to Rashad's catch vs Cleveland). If only for a moment --- riding this for 6 days --- reminded me of those days and the "good" memories of sport we've had growing up!

The Gophers will be hosting the AFC champion at their new facilities during Super Bowl week. How is that a bad thing??

The Gophers will be hosting the AFC champion at their new facilities during Super Bowl week. How is that a bad thing??

I think they will be using the old building, since the Vikings are not in their new facility yet.

That way both teams will be in antiquated indoor building where you can't work on punting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom