Shooter: Former Gopher Captain Jim Carter listed among 5 who should be in Packers HOF

per Shooter:

Speaking of the Packers, Bleacher Report lists five former players, including Pro Bowl former Gophers star Jim Carter from South St. Paul, who belong in the Packers Hall of Fame. The others: Tim Harris, Brian Noble, Rich McGeorge and Mark Lee.

https://www.twincities.com/2018/01/...ans-teddy-bridgewaters-vikings-days-are-over/

Go Gophers!!

As a Packer fan, I would agree with all those guys. Keep in mind they played at a time in GB that is very forgettable. Lot of those great players like former Gopher Jim Carter were sort of the forgotten Packers. The Vikings ruled the roost when they played.

My favorite Carter moment was 1971 against the Vikes. As the upback, he backed into his own punter and blocked the kick with his brain.

Then there's this HOF moment:

170112_jimcarterarticle-list.jpg

My favorite Carter moment was 1971 against the Vikes. As the upback, he backed into his own punter and blocked the kick with his brain.

Did "Little Jimmy" have his own scarf?

per Shooter:

Speaking of the Packers, Bleacher Report lists five former players, including Pro Bowl former Gophers star Jim Carter from South St. Paul, who belong in the Packers Hall of Fame. The others: Tim Harris, Brian Noble, Rich McGeorge and Mark Lee.

https://www.twincities.com/2018/01/...ans-teddy-bridgewaters-vikings-days-are-over/

Go Gophers!!
Were they referring to the South St Paul Packers hall of fame?
On a side note, I heard the present SSP high school coach was awarded the Vikings Minnesota State coach of the year award and is now up for the NFLs national high school coach of the year. Sounds like SSP gets some money from the Vikes for their football program because of it.
I wonder if Jim Carter will be invited...

Jim Carter was a heck of a football player and hockey player. He is outspoken? So what? I support the right of Any Gopher letter winner to speak his or her mind. Jim Carter was a member of the LAST Gopher Football Team to win a Big Ten Championship. That puts him in rare and select company of M-winners from the football program still living. I liked Jim Carter as a Gopher athlete when he was playing at the U and THANK GOD U of M football letter winners still have the ability to make themselves be HEARD in the chaos and confusion of these current days at the U. I MAY or may NOT totally agree with what I hear coming out of the University of Minnesota on a daily basis now. However, ALL voices have a right to speak. It seems to me that Mr. Carter is certainly entitled to speak. I support the right of ALL folks with a history with the GOPHER Football Program to speak their mind. The COMPANY at the U has a platform to make their point of view be known. I certainly do not agree with everything the COMPANY line uses their bully pulpit to attempt to influence public opinion and to gain favor with the boys and girls up on the hill in St. Paul. Yet, I feel they have a right to pound the table with their lines and point of view if they so choose. I also feel Jim Carter has every right in the world to pound the table with his lines and point of view as well. The truth lies somewhere between the official University of Minnesota's spin on things and Jim Carter's spin on things. I ONLY fear the day when only ONE voice is allowed to speak and spin an "official" line and point of view. We need diverse opinion, contrast and debate. Good for Jim Carter for speaking his point of view. At least that is how I feel about both the University of Minnesota and Jim Carter. But, that is only my point of view and line about this situation.

Jim Carter was a heck of a football player and hockey player. He is outspoken? So what? I support the right of Any Gopher letter winner to speak his or her mind. Jim Carter was a member of the LAST Gopher Football Team to win a Big Ten Championship. That puts him in rare and select company of M-winners from the football program still living. I liked Jim Carter as a Gopher athlete when he was playing at the U and THANK GOD U of M football letter winners still have the ability to make themselves be HEARD in the chaos and confusion of these current days at the U. I MAY or may NOT totally agree with what I hear coming out of the University of Minnesota on a daily basis now. However, ALL voices have a right to speak. It seems to me that Mr. Carter is certainly entitled to speak. I support the right of ALL folks with a history with the GOPHER Football Program to speak their mind. The COMPANY at the U has a platform to make their point of view be known. I certainly do not agree with everything the COMPANY line uses their bully pulpit to attempt to influence public opinion and to gain favor with the boys and girls up on the hill in St. Paul. Yet, I feel they have a right to pound the table with their lines and point of view if they so choose. I also feel Jim Carter has every right in the world to pound the table with his lines and point of view as well. The truth lies somewhere between the official University of Minnesota's spin on things and Jim Carter's spin on things. I ONLY fear the day when only ONE voice is allowed to speak and spin an "official" line and point of view. We need diverse opinion, contrast and debate. Good for Jim Carter for speaking his point of view. At least that is how I feel about both the University of Minnesota and Jim Carter. But, that is only my point of view and line about this situation.

Just because you can talk doesn't mean you should. Carter doesn't have a point of view that aligns with anyone but his own. Moron.

In other words: "I don't agree with you. Therefore your point of view is invalid."

No, when you constantly repeat ridiculous statements and make a fool of yourself, your point of view is invalid.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just because you can talk doesn't mean you should. Carter doesn't have a point of view that aligns with anyone but his own. Moron.

Of course, you may consider me to be a moron. I am also an ugly, old moron to you if that is what you think I am. I firmly support the need for every moron to step up to the plate...stand tall and proud and speak his/her mind and not bow and scrape to the "company line..." And points of view do NOT need to align to be necessary and helpful. IF something smells badly, it stinks. There are things at the University of Minnesota in the administrative offices that smell very badly. Even as a moron, if that is what you think I am, my sense of smell is NOT impaired. And so it goes... And, as it is with any and every message board: "...the MORON the board...the better the board is..."

Of course, you may consider me to be a moron. I am also an ugly, old moron to you if that is what you think I am. I firmly support the need for every moron to step up to the plate...stand tall and proud and speak his/her mind and not bow and scrape to the "company line..." And points of view do NOT need to align to be necessary and helpful. IF something smells badly, it stinks. There are things at the University of Minnesota in the administrative offices that smell very badly. Even as a moron, if that is what you think I am, my sense of smell is NOT impaired. And so it goes... And, as it is with any and every message board: "...the MORON the board...the better the board is..."
Thank you for affirming my right to speak, Wren! [emoji41]

Hehe Wren. Glad you are back posting again. The only problem is that old Killjoy may not be able to contain himself. He's liable to self combust.

Hehe Wren. Glad you are back posting again. The only problem is that old Killjoy may not be able to contain himself. He's liable to self combust.

Not my worry. I guess that would be his problem. If he wants to follow my every post that is his thing I would guess. I don't write the script. I respond to what ever opportunities come my way. And, in the end nothing really matters much. Old snowmen melt away and are gone. I'm not getting any younger myself. If killjoy was here once...I never went away because of killjoy. Lost a close election and lost the vote...had to take the last boat off the island. Old farts like me just kind of fade away from time to time. I am here while I am here and this place always has been a fun place to be. Tell any old faces that the walrus is here.

Interestingly, our old pal Clem "Cheater" Haskins is mentioned in the game recap on the left.

Holy crap, how did I miss this. I just read a Pioneer Press article from last January too. Based on the recent attitudes towards these types of incidents I'm surprised this guy is given any consideration for anything.

Top Bottom