Pat: Don Lucia will walk after this season. Bob Motzko or Mike Guentzel will be HC

I was hoping that Grant Potulny would have time to develop into a terrific head coach first. Maybe he is already, but a little more experience couldn't hurt. I'd love to have him bring back that blue collar work ethic to the Gophers. Plus, he's a legend as a player, scoring probably the biggest goal in Gopher hockey history. Guys would listen to him.

I was hoping that Grant Potulny would have time to develop into a terrific head coach first. Maybe he is already, but a little more experience couldn't hurt. I'd love to have him bring back that blue collar work ethic to the Gophers. Plus, he's a legend as a player, scoring probably the biggest goal in Gopher hockey history. Guys would listen to him.

Amen brother!!!

I was hoping Potulny could have another year or two to show what he can do, as well, but I'd be open to taking a chance on him at the end of this season.

OMG, we are honestly assuming a long time assistant to the coach we're thinking of firing or that we're going to let retire early, is going to be a good replacement??? GIVE ME A FRIGGING BREAK!!!!

And Motzko??? what has he done that proves his worth???

PLEASE, we need a home run hire here, and neither Motzko or Guentzal are that.

I don't understand the Guentzel chatter either, but it seems like a lot of folks like him. I wouldn't be strictly opposed to Motzko, though you're right, he doesn't seem like a home run. I don't know.

Here's a question for you folks, and take it easy on me, it's just a genuine question that I don't really have an opinion on.....What do you think about Darby Hendrickson? Been with the Wild a bit now, maybe willing to try head coaching? Also, if there really is an opening this spring, I hope we don't become like Michigan football and are required to find a "Michigan Man". Our next coach shouldn't HAVE to be a former Gopher.

Top Bottom