Little Things

MrGopher

The Anti-Sioux
Reaction score
There are a few little things that I hope happen in future games:

1. Tubby. He's always been a big hit when they show him on the Jumbotron. I know going to football games is a priority for him. They need to, just once in the game put him on there, maybe to get everyone loud for a third down on defense.

2. Playing St. Paul Slim's gopher rap during warm ups. I actually think they did play it, but they need to bring on the noise with that one!

3. Microphones for the Band. Many of you might not agree, but it was dreadfully difficult to hear them in the student section. Many of the cadences were impossible for the students to perform the appropriate dances/cheers for.

4. The Ski-U-Mah cheer. We all know about this one.

5. Ive said this before, but it is my dream that a super loud "SKI-U-MAH" be shouted by the entire stadium right after the ball is struck during kickoffs.

Tubby was up in the indoor club room

He spent a good deal of the third quarter with a young man who was disabled. He didn't just 'say hi' he had a long conversation with him. Further proof that he's not just a great coach, but a good person.

And yes, it would've been great to see him on the scoreboard.

I walked right past Tubby on the plaza before the game but the crowd was so large he was gone before I could get his attention. I was bummed, I really wanted a photo with him!

Like I posted before in ** Did Anyone Notice ** We were sitting at a stop light and a ceatar van backed up on the side walk and hit a light pole which made it fall and break, my dad got out to pick up glass from underneath the tires and I see tubby get outta the cream white cado in front of us and help pick up glass, It was awesome! My dad then said "whatcha think of that Tubby?" and his reply "accidents happen", great guy and was pretty awesome seeing him like 2 feet away.

What did all the haters of "that's another Golden Gopher...First Down" think of it at the new stadium? Hate it so much still? I thought it was quite improved over the ones at the dome, the students were quite good at it by the end of the game. :)

Definitely agree on the speaker for the band. It was difficult to hear them from section 231.

208 here...

We had trouble hearing the rouser as well, it was tough to know where the band was at in the song until the M-I-N-N-E-S-O-T-A.

But damn, when it was spelled out it sounded amazing. Awesome how crisp it sounds without that teflon gag over us!

It was difficult to hear them in 115

Agreed. We chose our seats in 215 specifically so we could be close to the band and student section, but even we had a hard time hearing them consistently. I mean, we could make out most things fine (we're both young and hear well), but it really wasn't loud enough for my liking.

I also agree with everything the OP said. ESPECIALLY the Ski-U-Mah thing. I thought they were gonna make up flags or placards to flash at sections in order to facilitate this cheer. Maybe just rumors?

Top Bottom